What's new
I'm interested by 2. I already have got 2 Aganyte's PICs and some parts (guns, wiimotes,...), but no PCB. I've started with a prototype PCB but never finished it.
Is it possible you send me only what I need? I'll check what I exactly already have.

Of course, as I said no other interest than lowering costs.

- 1x me (JKL)
- 1x SNK-NEO-GEO
- 1x werejag
- 1x Darksoft
- 1x muckyfingers
- 2x gakman (NO PICS NEEDED)

Last edited:
"I could be interested to purchase complete assembled kit if some user wants to do this."
This is what I am looking for.. please include me in.. I am not handy with soldering stuff..thanks

- 1x me (JKL)
- 1x SNK-NEO-GEO (possibly assembled)
- 1x werejag
- 1x Darksoft
- 1x muckyfingers
- 1x fastar

Count me interested.
Do you have a minimum order to reach? I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind buying more than one to reach that minimum for this to happen.

If the accuracy can be easily modified/refined it makes it that much more enticing.

- 2x me (JKL)
- 1x SNK-NEO-GEO (possibly assembled)
- 1x werejag
- 1x Darksoft
- 1x muckyfingers
- 1x fastar
- 1x freddiefiasco

tot. 10 pcbs

@freddiefiasco we have no minumum to reach, I think we already are ok: the more we are the cheaper they get... :)

@ Everybody: I think we can wait one more day or two, then close this batch and start to get precise estimation of costs. Is ok for you?

13 december 2016 summary (20.54 here GMT+1)

- 2x me (JKL)
- 1x SNK-NEO-GEO (assembled)
- 1x werejag
- 1x Darksoft
- 1x muckyfingers
- 1x fastar
- 1x freddiefiasco

tot. 10 pcbs

user werejag is available to assemble kits. mp him to have detail. He is located in the USA. If someone in Europe wants to offer same service feel free to write here.

I am interested, but would like to clarify a little about how these actually work. This pcb will allow the use of a wii remote control to be used with a JVS setup (JVS I/O board) and any Naomi, Chihiro, or Lindbergh gun game? Do you still need the gun sensors around the bezel as the typical Type II setup or does this eliminate the need for those altogether? In the end, with a wii remote and this board - you would have a fully functioning gun system and use the specific game gun calibration process to operate any Naomi, Chihiro, or Lindbergh arcade gun game? Sounds great - only drawback being the possible issues with accuracy? Count me in for now pending some more information and price - I would also like an assembled model as per SNK Neo Geo and curious the prices of going that route.
Thanks.

Ok. So with the wiimote ccd part you place it in a gun shell of some kind and connect to this adapter and you have full gun compatibility with all JVS systems?
To the other question - do you still need any gun sensors or is it simply the wiimote to operate the gun functions? Any working wiimote controller should work as far as getting this part out and using with the adapter?
It seems like this would work similar to a X/Y gun setup - is that correct? Basically calibrate and move the cursor around based on the motion of the gun.

Sorry, I really couldn't tell how it worked from the videos and the actual setup.

the board is basicly an audrino with a lcd and a few gun sensors

only drawback being the possible issues with accuracy?
Not accuracy, it falls out of calibration as soon as you change position.

lets assume for a moment you place the camera on a tripod such that you can swivel left and right and tilt up and down but not move in any other direction. Now you calibrate this and if you were to play a game it would always shoot exactly where the camera was pointing.

Now you pick up that tri-pod and move it 6inches to the left, all of a sudden it's no longer calibrated and when you shoot at the left side the screen the shots will register too far right, and when you shoot at the right side of the screen the shots will register too far left.

The further left, right, up, down, toward, or away from the screen you hold the gun from the point in space where it was calibrated, the more "off" the calibration will get. Even moving your arm instead of only your wrist can change the position of the gun and throw it out of calibration.

It seems like this would work similar to a X/Y gun setup - is that correct? Basically calibrate and move the cursor around based on the
You got it! That's exactly how it works. The gun games on Wii are ok because they place a cross-hair on screen, so you don't really care where the gun is actually pointed you just care where the cross-hair appears. Just like using a really elaborate mouse. Unfortunately most arcade games don't provide you with cross-hairs (unless it's a game designed for mounted guns) so you have to rely on where the gun is actually pointing.

So with the wiimote ccd part you place it in a gun shell of some kind and connect to this adapter and you have full gun compatibility with all JVS systems?
Not all JVS system, just those games that normally use the "OMZ" aka the "Sega Type II IR" gun setup (which is most NAOMI, Chihiro, and Lindbergh Games), or games are designed for analog mounted guns. there are many JVS games that wont work with this setup, and there are many non-JVS games that will. Honestly this really doesn't have anything to do with JVS, other than the fact that most light gun games happened to start using the OMZ gun hardware around the same time JVS started getting used.

do you still need any gun sensors
The camera in the gun is the sensor. It needs a couple of IR LEDs in order to track position such as those in the "Wii Sensor bar" (which is a total misnomer because it's nothing more than a plastic box with a couple of LEDs in it)

The camera in the gun is the sensor. It needs a couple of IR LEDs in order to track position such as those in the "Wii Sensor bar" (which is a total misnomer because it's nothing more than a plastic box with a couple of LEDs in it)
Isn't it the same misnomer with the "sensor" LEDs on a Sega setup?

Not accuracy, it falls out of calibration as soon as you change position.
This is what has me hesitant to build one of these at the moment. I may actually build one since I have no IR gun setup currently, but I bought a pair of AimTraks for emulation and grew to hate, hate, hate those things! Playing with cross-hairs on isn't fun for me, so I gave up on emulation until I can get something better together.

I wonder how difficult it would be to program this solution so that once it's calibrated, it dynamically changes based on its perspective of the LEDs at any given moment. I guess that's how Sega's rectangle of IR LEDs works? If it the Wii remote's sensor can't track all LEDs for the rectangle all at once, if they could be addressed and turned on one by one at will, It could theoretically map out the rectangle LED by LED and figure and calculate its position relative to the rectangle... hmm... :whistling:

Isn't it the same misnomer with the "sensor" LEDs on a Sega setup?
the difference is Nintendo themselves call it the "sensor bar". Sega calls their LED boards "LED boards". it's people who don't know better who incorrectly refer to them as sensors.

I wonder how difficult it would be to program this solution so that once it's calibrated, it dynamically changes based on its perspective of the LEDs at any given moment.
no joke if you added a 3rd LED to the Gun 2 NAOMI setup anywhere other than in-line with the other two (like on the opposite side of the screen), then re-wrote the code you would completely resolve this problem and it could potentially work as well or better than the OMZ/Sega Type II setup.

if you remember your high-school geometry you need 3 points to define a plane in 3-dimensional space. For the purpose of a gun setup that plane would be the surface of your screen. as long as the gun can "see" 3 distinct points based on the distance of those 3 points it can determine the position of "the plane" (aka your screen) in relation to the gun and there by knowing where you're pointing.

the reason the Wii setup with its 2 points (ie: 2 LEDs) fails is because that only defines a line not a plane, and if you position the gun at a fixed point that essentially gives you the 3rd point by which the plane can be defined (or at very least during calibration that 3rd point never chance, and hence the calibration works for that given gun position).

The OMZ/Sega setup basically uses 10 or 12 LEDs for the simple fact that the sensor in the gun might not see all of them at once. so it only needs to see at least 3 out of 10 LEDs to calculate where you're pointing, the other LEDs are essentially redundant to make the system more robust. I don't know if their system actually does this but you could theoretically use more than 3 points to help reinforce your calculation and help filter out noise/ produce a more accurate calculation.

The Camera from the Wii remote is awesome because being a more modern device it can track multiple points of light simultaneously and very fast. which means that with 3 or more LEDs to track and the right firmware you would have a system that outperform the OMZ setup in terms of both speed an accuracy. In-fact some newer arcade gun-games used high-speed IR cameras for gun tracking, likely for this very reason.

the OMZ/Sega setup came out 20 years ago with the Lost World, the fact that the system is still in use is a testament to how well it was designed but the senor being used is pretty primitive compared to what's available now.

maybe a raspberry netboot w reset mod,and gun setup can all be made into one

- 2x me (JKL)
- 1x SNK-NEO-GEO (assembled)
- 1x werejag
- 1x Darksoft
- 1x muckyfingers
- 1x fastar
- 1x freddiefiasco

Ok then.
Needed parts (I'll update with prices to so that everyone can check if something cheaper can be found):

PISTOL BOARD
- 10 pistol board PCBs
- 20 diodes 1N4148
- 20 polarized capacitors 10uF
- 10 polarized capacitors 100nF (0,1uF)
- 10 polarized capacitors 10nF (0,01uF)
- 10 oscillators HCMOS/TTL 25 Mhz Dip8 or DIP 14
- 20 resistors 1/4 watts 2,2khom
- 10 resistors 1/4 watts 22kohm

MAIN BOARD
- 8 programmed pics (15€ each - maybe less if aganyte accept some kind of quantity discount)
- 10 main board PCB
- 10 resistors 100ohm
- 20 resistors 10ohm
- 10 resistor 150ohm
- 30 variable resistors 1 - 10ohm
- 20 capacitors 20pF
- 20 capacitoris 220uF
- 20 MCP41010 digital potentiometers
- 10 Narrow tulip support 28 legs
- 10 BC237B transistor
- 10 Quartz 24 Mhz
- 10 LCD HD44780