What's new

muckyfingers

Professional
Reaction score
Here's my version 2.0 Consolized Sega Naomi. I used a Naomi 2 shell because I wanted it to match the netdimm. The Naomi 2 motherboard is much too loud for me to use and I don't care for any Naomi 2 games. I internalized a Raspberry Pi running Piforce tools and a navigation wheel to select my games that are stored on the SD card. I added an RJ-45 jack to the back and am using a PicoPSU 160w version. A Sega I/O board was used for the controls and a Dreamcast controller port is wired up to the Maple Bus for P1 and P2 for the games that support them. I hope to have time one day to redo the wiring and make nice and tidy, but for now it all works wonderfully.

Click the pics for full resolution.

Quite cool :thumbsup:

My consolized looks quite bulkier (standard PC PSU) :)

Nice!

Great work on the case, it looks really clean. As you said the wiring could be a little neater but hey, as you said it works wonderfully.

All around, great job :thumbup:

Great job.

What did you use to cut the holes for the screen ect..

great work!
good ideas there for another future Darksoft project.
NAOMI multi-game and console at the same time.
or at least the Darksoft NAOMI multi-game should fit below the board like this one so everything is internal :)

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

For the cuts, I made good size holes with a drill then a little bigger with a dremmel, then finally I used small files to finish them up. It takes quite a bit of time to file the holes, but patience is the key.

I would love for a 3D printed Naomi console case, designed to hold the mobo, PSU, controller ports, SD slot, I/O etc etc.

I think the problem however is currently no affordable 3D printer can produce a design of this size.
Having a mold cast from a commercial rapid prototyper would also be far too expensive.

In the future if this option becomes affordable I think it would really be something fantastic for supergun fans.

Having a mold cast from a commercial rapid prototyper would also be far too expensive.
heh! I used to work for a company years ago designing and programming CNC machines for injection dies.
It's not that expensive for the buyer but you need quantities to cover the cost and make it feasible to sell at a price people will pay (like 1000 people to buy one for about $50-$100 each)

looks great nice and neat raspberry pi is integrated into the housing beautifully

I would love for a 3D printed Naomi console case, designed to hold the mobo, PSU, controller ports, SD slot, I/O etc etc.

I think the problem however is currently no affordable 3D printer can produce a design of this size.

In the future if this option becomes affordable I think it would really be something fantastic for supergun fans.
The RigidBot Big is under a grand has a build area of 12"x16"... I would think that's big enough to make a case. of course it would take forever to print but... you could do it. http://rigidbot.com/product/rigidbot-big-kit/

I have a RigidBot Regular which is 10"x10" which is still pretty big. A lot of times people make big prints in sections then epoxy the sections together. for example, this guy who printed a replica Halo battle rifle:

jNXJhc2.jpg

Just wanted to say, this is incredible. Who needs a Dreamcast 2 when you got this!

Wonderful job, you have inspired me to make something similar. Any chance you could share a bit more information...especially about the power supply you used.

Again, very impressive work.

Wonderful job, you have inspired me to make something similar. Any chance you could share a bit more information...especially about the power supply you used.

Again, very impressive work.
Thank you. I used a PicoPSU 160w version for the power supply. You can find them all over ebay, make sure to get one with a proper power supply (90w or above) or buy them separate if needed since many come with a weak power supply (60w).

If you need any other info, I'd be happy to answer.

Consolized Naomi? Don't those already exist as DCs? :P I keed, I keed, great job!
Haha, yeah pretty much, but this way you can also play AW games like the marvelous Rumble Fish 2 and Hokuto no Ken. Thanks to god Darksoft :P

Back