What's new
To at least provide some closure to the remaining bugs I was having with the G-Net games I finally resolved them all. Turns out the extension cable I was using for the JAMMA connector was a bigger pile of trash than I originally thought and was the cause of all the bugs with G-Darius and the sort. Once I removed that everything is working fine and I've ordered what appears to be a better-built cable to replace it.

Haven't had much time to look at the hacked images though. Furthest I've gotten was using some FAT tools to zero out unallocated blocks and then pulling the unallocated data out in chunks. Still have to analyze them.

Fuck. You guys, stop making me want one of these. Especially since there's no motherboards on the bay.

there's always some on YAJ but the price has doubled. I picked mine up for $50 including a game, now your looking at $80-100 with a game.

if you're really hard up you can buy one from Sophia corp for $150 probably another $40 or so shipping...

Well... I'm in. Thanks to some helpful members here I scooped a motherboard for ~$85 plus shipping.

Of course I have enough going on today that I literally had enough time to boot it for bios-flashing purposes, didn't even get to try out a game, but that's okay. Anticipation for tomorrow :)

Excellent price. These things are getting harder to find. I've been on the lookout for a second one to try out some link-games and when they do pop up they seem to be in the $150-$200 range.

legit just found this thread as i just got a taito G-Net with the mod bios and luckily Gdarius works.. thanks for the chd tool @twistedsymphony

So I'm having issues and hoping someone can help me diagnose.

I got a motherboard from YAJ. Flashed it with the 2011 modbios burned by @skate323k137 -- waited through the multiple status bars (despite not being able to read what it's saying), made sure that it was totally done (I must have watched that last screen for 20 minutes easy). Got me a CF to PCMCIA adapter -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009M069Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 -- and copied some games from ikotsu's blog to cards with CHDMAN. Nothing, just a black screen. Same deal using @twistedsymphony 's converter tool and win32diskimager. Okay, I figure I have bad cards (bought them from @Darksoft who said they didn't work for CF booting his Naomi/Chihiro so okay). Today I got in a Transcend 1 gig card -- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA31U1HN0933 -- from a US seller so I'm reasonably certain it's not bootleg, same issue. Black screen.

Any idea what might be going on? Anyone able to send me a known working CF card and/or CF to PCMCIA adapter so I can test that? (I have no actual game cards) I'm worried that something might have happened to the motherboard somehow and I have no way to test it.

So I'm having issues and hoping someone can help me diagnose.

I got a motherboard from YAJ. Flashed it with the 2011 modbios burned by @skate323k137 -- waited through the multiple status bars (despite not being able to read what it's saying), made sure that it was totally done (I must have watched that last screen for 20 minutes easy). Got me a CF to PCMCIA adapter -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009M069Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 -- and copied some games from ikotsu's blog to cards with CHDMAN. Nothing, just a black screen. Same deal using @twistedsymphony 's converter tool and win32diskimager. Okay, I figure I have bad cards (bought them from @Darksoft who said they didn't work for CF booting his Naomi/Chihiro so okay). Today I got in a Transcend 1 gig card -- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA31U1HN0933 -- from a US seller so I'm reasonably certain it's not bootleg, same issue. Black screen.

Any idea what might be going on? Anyone able to send me a known working CF card and/or CF to PCMCIA adapter so I can test that? (I have no actual game cards) I'm worried that something might have happened to the motherboard somehow and I have no way to test it.
I advise finding a (real) cheap game card to check. If you can, find one, then you can send me a PM and I can send you information to back up and test your work, to rule out CF or adapter woes.

I personally use "industrial" cisco cards, since you really only need small capacity cards. Adapter wise the cheapest generic ones I could find have always worked.

Here guys, no more windows BS.

https://github.com/Alex-Kw/gnet-imager/blob/master/gnetflash

contribute if you want!

In all seriousness it's just a wrapper for the linux tool 'dd'. if you have a 1 hard drive laptop, you can install ubuntu on, this script would let you copy the raw game images quite easily. It's exactly how I do it in my own test setups, using lubuntu and a USB > CF adapter.

Also, located here, are exact copy's of all the mame CHD's, but extracted to raw already:

http://neohyphengeo.com/GNET/

Mods if you don't want that link here just remove it and/or let me know. I hope with this script and these extracted CHDs available, anyone can make these themselves. I recommend Cisco CF cards or other small capacity industrial type card. (Edit... Mixed luck with Cisco cards recently, GNET didn't like a lot of the 64MB ones, but 128s I've had better luck).

a 64 or 128MB card is enough to hold any one game at a time.

I hope, someone can find a way, to "bank switch" or similar a larger CF device, to create a lazy man's multigame. I have not been able to find a good/easy way to do that yet.

Last edited:
I am now officially in the Taito G-Net Club!

DSCN3388.JPG

segashiro, I ask you the same I asked someone else, are you sure you have the 2011 modbios and not the 2009? 2011 works fine with the cisco cards that I've used. Also it is possible you got bootleg cards, I usually got mine from a US seller.
I picked mine up from Smallcab.net. It came with the modbios already done...I am not sure which one it is running. Any easy way to check?
Just a heads up. I just bought mine from Smallcab.net in France also. It was loaded with the 2009 mod bios. Great service and fast shipping though.

I suspect that they do not know about the 2011 bios update.

Anyone from France care to let them know in French? I may send them an email.

:D

Hi,

does anyone know if any of the following games have been converted to work on the taito g-net since then?

thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capcom ZN-1
-Battle Arena Toshinden 2
-Gallop Racer
-Judge Dredd: The Game
-NBA Jam Extreme (uses an additional soundboard)
-Star Gladiator Episode: 1 Final Crusade
-Street Fighter EX
-Street Fighter EX Plus

Capcom ZN-2
-Rival Schools: United by Fate/Justice Gakuen: Legion of Heroes
-Star Gladiator 2: Nightermare of Bilstein / Plasma Sword
-Street Fighter EX2
-Street Fighter EX2 Plus
-Strider 2/Strider Hiryu 2
-Tech Romancer
-Tetris The Grand Master

Taito FX-1A
-Magical Date
-Magical Date EX
-Psychic Force
-Psychic Force EX
-Super Football Champ

Other ZN based releases
-1 on 1 Government
-Beastorizer
-Bloody Roar
-Bloody Roar 2
-Bust a Move 2 - Dance Tengoku Mix
-Cool Boarders Arcade Jam
-Dead or Alive++
-Gallop Racer 2
-Gallop Racer 3
-Heaven's Gate
-Logic Pro Adventure
-Monster Farm Jump
-Primal Rage II
-Tecmo World Cup Millennium
-Tondemo Crisis

probably not the best place to find this- but does anybody have an RC DE GO manual? I'm looking for more information on the GNET comms boards and such.

Thanks!

Back