What's new
Has anyone had any luck using the Cisco 64MB CF cards?

There’s a lot of SanDisk counterfeit cards and I have had hit or miss success with the last batch off eBay.

Has anyone had any luck using the Cisco 64MB CF cards?

There’s a lot of SanDisk counterfeit cards and I have had hit or miss success with the last batch off eBay.
I know this is an old post, but I've had mixed luck with Cisco cards. Some 128s I have work fine, but I bought a big batch of 64MB cisco cards and only like 30% of them worked with the GNET.

I bought my sandik cards the last month on eBay (China)and all works fine ! the cards seems to be original but for sure it’s an old used stock .

Last edited:
Can someone help me? I confused how to copy these GNet games. I downloaded the RAW HDD and copied over the RAW file to the CF. Did I do it correctly? I dont have my Mod Bios yet. waiting on the eprom to burn. Im just confused about how to copy these game over. I selected the RAW file in RAW HDD and then selected my CF. it seemed to copy over a bunch of files to the CF. Hope I did it right
Gnet.jpg

I confused how to copy these GNet games. I downloaded the RAW HDD and copied over the RAW file to the CF. Did I do it correctly?
the card doesn't just need files on it, it also needs to be formatted correctly and the files need to be in specific positions on the card.

the raw file contains everything including the format data and the file position data so you can't just copy it, you need to use a formatting tool to "re-image" the card using the raw file.

as I mentioned several times in this thread I use a program called win32discimager for this task: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

however I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of time on this until you've got the modbios installed. Getting a good working card and getting it card formatted correctly is the hardest part and in-case your first few attempts are failures you'll want to carefully documented the steps that worked out successfully for you so you can duplicate that with other games.

the card doesn't just need files on it, it also needs to be formatted correctly and the files need to be in specific positions on the card.

the raw file contains everything including the format data and the file position data so you can't just copy it, you need to use a formatting tool to "re-image" the card using the raw file.

as I mentioned several times in this thread I use a program called win32discimager for this task: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

however I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of time on this until you've got the modbios installed. Getting a good working card and getting it card formatted correctly is the hardest part and in-case your first few attempts are failures you'll want to carefully documented the steps that worked out successfully for you so you can duplicate that with doesnt RAW HDD an imager
Then isn't RAW HDD an app that can write raw files? It was recommended to use that but with no guidance. TheDeath said he used RAW HDD and with Raw files. Also is that BACKUP PCB needed?

There are dozens of applications that can re-image a CF card, I've never used "Raw HDD" so I can't say if it's any good for this task.

also the backup PCB is not needed. it's honestly pretty useless since the capacitors tend to lose power in a matter of days.

As mentioned earlier, a simple way to write cards is to just use chdman from MAME and the command line.

sudo chdman extracthd -i FILENAME.CHD -o /dev/disk? -f

There are dozens of applications that can re-image a CF card, I've never used "Raw HDD" so I can't say if it's any good for this task.

also the backup PCB is not needed. it's honestly pretty useless since the capacitors tend to lose power in a matter of days.
I read through every post. I'm have no idea what CHDMAN is or how to use it. I was using this post https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/taito-g-net-round-up-thread.17329/ and RAW HDD seems to be recommended. I usually have a grasp on hardware but software I find confusing sometimes.

I found it pretty daunting being on a Mac and getting it to work also. Below are the full instructions for using terminal on a Mac. I'm sure the PC version will have the same command line paramaters. Let us know how you go.

Used chdman from mame0192-64bit and the ever so slight different parameters:

chmod +x chdman
(unmounted CF card in disk utility)
diskutil list

sudo ./chdman extracthd -i FILENAME.CHD -o /dev/disk? -f

CHDMAN:
CHD's in mame are compressed,
you use CHDMAN to decomress the mame file into a drive image before copying it.

as for balena etcher having issues,
frankly any bloated crap written in 3 languages just to copy a block to a block-device is going to have issues!!
but most people cant be trusted to use DD on the commandline incase they write the image over their bootdrive or something! :D

very true :D

HDD RAW Copy is my choice. After the image is written it will be readable as a disk since the image is from a normal FAT drive.
What format does the games need to be? I have RAW format

it's not difficult
I wrote complete instructions here in just 2 sentences:
I built my own little drag and drop tool for creating img files from the chds. you're welcome to try it: http://web-nine.com/files/gnet_chd_to_img.zip

take a chd file for a games and drag it onto the chd_to_img.bat file. this will create a .img file that you can then program to a card using win32discimager.

Back