What's new

Yippikaye

Professional
Reaction score
Hi there,
My auto-boot feature is not working anymore.
I updated the multi from the SD card again with the flash.img but still the same. The LCD screen shows 'have fun' but there is no reboot.
Did you get this weired situation before ?
Thanks in advance for any help

Hi there,
My auto-boot feature is not working anymore.
I updated the multi from the SD card again with the flash.img but still the same. The LCD screen shows 'have fun' but there is no reboot.
Did you get this weired situation before ?
Thanks in advance for any help
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I had many problems with the memory card, have you tried with others? You have to format it completely, (not fast format) and copy the files, I hope it will be solved.

maybe try preparing a card with this tool: https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ - SD cards of all types can start to act strange after some use, and this type of tool can clean up that kind of problem.

my cps2multi has been 100% solid since day zero, never a bump with it, so maybe look at the only real variable here in Your case - the SD card..

maybe try preparing a card with this tool: https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ - SD cards of all types can start to act strange after some use, and this type of tool can clean up that kind of problem.

my cps2multi has been 100% solid since day zero, never a bump with it, so maybe look at the only real variable here in Your case - the SD card..
Thanks for the data !!

Well, the SD card could be the cause, since I started having problems with the auto-boot since I used a brand new Samsung SD card with the CPS2 roll pack.
But even my original card is not anymore booting properly :(
I'll try to format with this tool and keep you posted ;)

Whenever updating with the roll up packs, it always best to reformat and then add all of the files at once.

Yes, try re-formatting the card to FAT32, preferably with the Windows OS's native formatting tool. Then recopy the roms over and try again. Make sure they're in the root folder \games\

You can try formatting with different cluster sizes (allocation units), or in the worst case, try a different SD card. I found one that loads faster than others, so it's my main card.

Well, I followed both options for formatting the SD cards (X3 different brands) and still no auto-boot :S
The game's name is shown in the LCD as usual but some times I have a diferent name from the running game ?(

I really don't know what to do next !

P.S: is it possible to add games one by one from the unzipped file ? (just in case I want a custom fav list of games)

Thanks for the support guys

The game's name is shown in the LCD as usual but some times I have a diferent name from the running game ?(

Thanks for the support guys
:) it occures when I change the SD card --> the game shown is the one written in the txt file :)

So nothing weired in that

But still no auto-boot, I tried with a different mother board = same result

Stupid question but the autoboot wire is still connected, right?

Back