What's new
CPU SPEED doesn't really matter when game programs are bound to video vertical sync interrupt. That's how the CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo work. What happens when the CPU "runs out of juice" on a frame is that it either drops frames (too much work load for the allotted time for a video update) or it skips processing. That's what happens for example with Metal Slug2 on the Neo Geo. If a game doesn't use too much processor time to get to the point it slows down, moving it to a faster board will have no noticeable effect at all. But the opposite is true ( solving MS2 slowdown by OC'ing the NG).

Better change to buy a complete board set with B+C boards included
Yup this exactly! Look for a complete/working SF2:CE board set. :thumbup:
Bonus you can sell the CPS1 longboard, and if you don't want to keep both CE and HF B+C boardsets...
You can (or rather you I guess could pay someone) to burn the conversion ROMs to make other CPS1 games out of that B+C board combo. :saint:

Check out this GnG conversion that was made from a SF2:CE.
Thanks guys,

Looks like I have scored another complete Hyper Fighting with the correct Dash A board. What's more the original owner already begun to convert it to Ghouls n Ghosts but never got around to finishing it. I guess the plan is to swap over the B+C boards I have and work on finishing the conversion. Out of curiosity, what other conversions are possible with this board? I guess GnG is a good option because it will run at the correct speed on my old longboard right?

Anything that runs on the CPS-B-21 C board, GnG is the most popular but Final Fight has been hacked to run on that C board (with some interesting modifications), SF2:CE and HF, the Rainbow and Red Wave hacks etc.

The CPS1 multi boards also require that C board, I'm assuming that since it was the final revision of C board it's capable of running everything on the platform

I think GnG runs on the short revision board, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here

I like Knights of the Round but it doesn't seem to be an overly popular game, nice to see another fan :)

Final Fight has been hacked to run on that C board (with some interesting modifications)
Hardware modification interesting or just ROM modifications? I would like to know more :)

Anything that runs on the CPS-B-21 C board, GnG is the most popular but Final Fight has been hacked to run on that C board (with some interesting modifications), SF2:CE and HF, the Rainbow and Red Wave hacks etc.

The CPS1 multi boards also require that C board, I'm assuming that since it was the final revision of C board it's capable of running everything on the platform

I think GnG runs on the short revision board, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here
Multi boards can use CPS-B-21 or CPS-B-01 because CPS-B-21 behaves as a CPS-B-01 when on battery-less mode. Daimakaimura uses CPS-B-01 so a CPS-B-21 work just fine for a repro/convert.

So reading all of this.. I can take my SF II: CE board, and if I replace the gal from jammarcade.net, and the roms turn it into gng? hmmmmmmm

So reading all of this.. I can take my SF II: CE board, and if I replace the gal from jammarcade.net, and the roms turn it into gng? hmmmmmmm
Yeah replace ROMs and GAL. Do you have a JEDC or MASK B board?

How do I tell the difference.. my Street fighter II: CE is all original from what I have ever known.. it was pulled from a working machine and sold to me.. I have just always ever plugged it into my jamma cab and played.

How do I tell the difference.. my Street fighter II: CE is all original from what I have ever known.. it was pulled from a working machine and sold to me.. I have just always ever plugged it into my jamma cab and played.
Post a pic of it mate.

I will tonight.. I will need to take it out of the machine.. I was going to do the rainbow edition swap to it and realized that the roms I have are incorrect - so sourcing those now.

I will tonight.. I will need to take it out of the machine.. I was going to do the rainbow edition swap to it and realized that the roms I have are incorrect - so sourcing those now.
This is what I did to mine and it works, note bottom left, mine says "MASK" type board.

n7Sk8g7.jpg

Humor me a second -- when you say swapped them.. as in just pulled them off the board and changed the positions ? or reburnt them with new rom data?

You need to change the PAL if you're converting to GnG - it's used for tile mapping so it's going to be completely different between the 2 games

If you upgrade SF2:CE to Hyper Fighting, you keep the same one

Thanks - Im considering going to rainbow fighting because I thought that I was just changing the 27c400 chips since I have a small stock pile of spares.. but the 4mb x 16bit I dont have and am going to put an order in for them this weekend.. though I might order the parts for the GnG since I am going to put in an order anyhow and give me access to both.

Thanks Gents!

The main program ROMs (position 21, 22, 23) are generally 27C4002/27C4096 where the mask ROMs can be either these or 400/4001 depending on board type

So the difference between MASK and EPROM boards is the position of 2/3 and 6/7?
I have multiple SF2CE and Hyper Fighting boards, both as EPROM and MASK rom and I always wondered what the difference was... :)

Back