What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asure

Grand Master
Reaction score
The wait is over, and christmas comes early to those who visit Arcade-Projects these days :)

The Golden Axe 2 NoProt version is ready for download here!

You will need a rom bord to host your freshly burned eproms, F1 super lap will do just fine.
Some 27C1042, 27C160 (or 322, they are used in 16-bit mode it seems) and a few expensive 27C080 / 27C801 for the sound data.

You will not need the 315-5533-02 security board, or the FD1149 from F1 Super Lap anymore.
You will not suffer from a dead Fujitsu ram, or broken custom on the security board ever.

Merry xmas!

You will need a rom bord to host your freshly burned eproms, F1 super lap will do just fine.
Outstanding! Can any System32 boardset can be converted into a GA2 with this set?

There are some rom board variants, one uses 27C160 for gfx/sprite data, the other i have not seen/used (possibly 27C040x4?)

The one you want, has BIG roms. YOU NEED THIS

This is a picture of the one you don't want at this time. NOT NEED THIS

For those other boards, the data is split differently. A set could be made to run on those boards, deducting the rom format from mame.

Once you have the righ version of Rom PCB, it's quite simple converting it. Each Eprom or Mask rom has written its name on the PCB and they correspond each with a file in the conversion from asure.

In each file the extension indicates the position ( .ic30 .ic25 .ic9 , etc.)

Any thoughts on removing the security from the other System 32 games that have it?

Any thoughts on removing the security from the other System 32 games that have it?
Arabian Fight has a similar protection, but the internal ram of the crypted cpu is not yet decrypted.
Everything it does it documented though, so it could be done.

I kind of got bored with this for now, and my energy went into
- Fixing up Naomi - NNC conversion
- Fixing upright Naomi/pfx
- Hacking around on Photoplay / emulating a touchscreen in powershell then python and it still don't work in vmware.
- Espgaluda 2
- TV tube swaps

Arabian Fight has a similar protection, but the internal ram of the crypted cpu is not yet decrypted.Everything it does it documented though, so it could be done.

I kind of got bored with this for now, and my energy went into
- Fixing up Naomi - NNC conversion
- Fixing upright Naomi/pfx
- Hacking around on Photoplay / emulating a touchscreen in powershell then python and it still don't work in vmware.
- Espgaluda 2
- TV tube swaps
I was thinking, more specifically, of Dragonball Z V.R.V.S. and Dark Edge. I have a dead ROM board for both of those games. Interestingly, they *will* boot. I get the region warning and then just a black screen (if I leave the security module in place) or a black screen that flashes "Insert Coins" and "Credit 0" if I remove it. You can insert coins and see the counter go up (and the flashing text changes to "Push Start Button"), but the game won't start or play an attract mode.

The mainboard works perfectly if I put my Spider-man ROM board on there.

If all else fails and you do decrypt Arabian Fight I guess I could just convert one into that. :P

Thanks,
Brian

I'm just happy to see System32 getting some love.

It only had one single homeport (Rad Mobile/Gale Racer on Saturn) ever, yet it has an amazingly strong (be it small) library...
That's just mind-boggling considering Sega's past (namely System16 ports to Genesis) history.

Golden Axe and Spider-man are among my personal top 10 beat'em ups ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back