CPS1 daimakaimura conversion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's this week's competition game on 10pArcadePodcast
      Stone cold classic, even if brutally hard.
      I treasure my pcb, even if it's only a conversion :)

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy
      - Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door, House Extension
    • jassin000 wrote:

mukurofish wrote:

If I could get past the first level I’d do this
      Like most old skool games to do really well you need to memorize the enemy placement and movements.Develop a strategy for dealing with each level/checkpoint and stick to it.

I don't mean to talk like I've got game, it's hard but it's more about memory than twitch.
      Normally one of those pig guys kills me right before the boss, or knocks off my armor and then the boss kills me lol. I got to the second level once on the Saturn version, but it took SOOO many tries! I think if I had a dedicated PCB I’d probably put more time into it.
    • jassin000 wrote:

I prefer the Japan version, but because of that title screen. ;)
      We need to get modded rom files of the JP version were you swap in the english title/language. I wonder how difficult that would be to do.
      Cabs: Vewlix C x4, Groove Coaster, ID7, DinoKing
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3.1
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw │Hydra

Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Capcom Mini Cute
      Also looking for a SF 25" Dynamo HS5 Cut Corner CP and an Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • Derick2k wrote:

jassin000 wrote:

We need to get modded rom files of the JP version were you swap in the english title/language. I wonder how difficult that would be to do.
      I tried this and it works both in mame and on a pcb: forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=259383&page=15

Source Code

1. 1. I loaded up the ghostsu driver in mame with "mame -log -debug ghostsu"
      2. 2. Then dumped the code like this. Press tilde "save 23.bin,0,0x80000" for the 23, then "save 22.bin,0x80000,0x80000" for the 22 rom
      3. 3. Copy the 22.bin, 23.bin into daimakair.zip
      4. 4. In the cps1.c driver, change the daimakair driver to use the new 22.bin, 23.bin you've just created ( or u can simply rename them in the zip file )
      5. 5. Load the game up again using the Daimakaimura Resale driver with mame -log -debug daimakair
      6. 6. Again dump the code, "save 23.bin,0,0x80000" for the 23 rom, then "save 22.bin,0x80000,0x80000" for the 22 rom. This is to swap every 16bytes back, miss this step and your rom will not work.
      7. 7. Replace the new 23.bin,22.bin with the old 23.bin,22.bin in the daimakair.zip.

Converts Daimakiamura resale to English.
    • Derick2k wrote:

jassin000 wrote:

Already done. And so is Final Fight :P

My CPS1 conversions info

And if people were considering messaging me to make sets of roms for you I don't really offer modding services however I live in the same town as streetfighterken and have a few leftover EPROMs from the conversions I made which would've been enough for 1 set so it was convenient. No I will not be selling conversions.