What's new
Just snap the support that holds the folded-over ribbon cable off the side that is inside the case. Then it fits perfectly.

Put me on the list with having a bum (or blank) PAL G.

Finally put together a supergun to test my work installing the multi kit on my Rev 3 board.

With the PAL G I was getting a black screen. With my PAL B I have garbled graphics. It's the furthest I was able to get it to somewhat work.

I don't have a programmer.

Anyone in the bay area can help me out with programming my PAL G?

Last edited:
So @tate&yoko 's F Pal did the trick! I'm all up and running! Love that folks on here are super helpful!

Now to just wait for a couple of pins to come in so I can repair the broken ones (currently running wires now to bridge the connection points and it's not pretty).

I'm having trouble with my kit and the screen just keeps rolling like the v hold is out of wack. This is what I've tried:

-SD card is formatted on a PC with the latest set
-Kit is from the latest batch from Paradise
-Received what maybe was one of the bad G Pals? Installed it with the pin 9 jumper and just had a solid screen on boot
-Then used the F Pal that was originally on the ver 4 board with pin 7 jumped, which is when the rolling graphics started up
-LCD screen functions fine and loads games
-Tried reseating kit
-Tried shorting exc5 for 2 min

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 180
Kit shouldn't cause a hold issue. Weird.

Well he has a blank screen with a G pal but a wavy screen with the original F PAL. He shouldn't get a wavy screen at all....

You're right. not sure if it was mentioned but did the A and B board worked properly before?

The A board still works fine (tested with other B boards), and the B board with the kit worked fine previously. I should also mention that I'm not seeing actual game graphics on the screen like you would if your v hold was not set properly, it's just bands of color.

What does the kit lcd say? Have you loaded a game yet?

Yes, I've tried several games. The kit lcd does what's shown in the video. You can navigate the list of games, select, it writes it, and says now playing...

if it says all that, that means that the kit itself is working well.....unless the program Rom pcb is.not plugged in completely or has a broken pin..

I've made some progress troubleshooting tonight.

First off I tried the board in two other cabs and have had different results. In both of the new cabs the screen displayed a white/gray sold color when powered on. I'm guessing now that the rolling had something to do with the board originally being run through a multi-board switch. Now that I have the oft mentioned gray solid screen, I assume my issue is either the Pal or SD card I'm using. The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra 16GB. Thoughts? Thanks!

@exomagnus does the game play blind, can you insert coins and hear sounds etc ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, there is no sound or graphics coming though. I also just tried a different A board with the same results.

Might be time for pictures of your pcb setup.

Back