What's new
UPDATED 4 JULY
Hi All

I would like some help please, i tried to read all the topic but it's hard to understand (I'm French) ,

I got a 93646b-6 , with a BGSB3F Chip PaL Chip , My board are Jap , original no suicided.

1) Do i need to suicide the board by removing the battery to use the cp2 multi ? (seems not since the new bios) I DID
2) My Chip is an F chip so , do i need to place a wire ?? from the pal chip to somewhere (instructions are not so clear for me) OK TO J17
3) I ordered with my Multi a PALG chip , do i need to place a different wire so ? (not certain of the chip , with all blanks chips issues) I'LL TRY LATER
4) To upgrade the board , just need to put the flash.img file on root ?

STILL BLANK SCREEN
Thanks !

--->
"
3. Solid screens on boot. The kit will say flashing the game and then playing the game but the screen is just a solid color. Sometimes white, sometimes red or orange, etc. This USUALLY has come down to incorrect writes of the rom the the SD card. But it also can come down to the old problem with encryption bits causing the decrypted code to not run, even if boards dead for years. In that case, shorting the EXC5 component "

Shorting EXC5 , permanently ? how ? then power on ?

I SHORTED EXC1 and EXC5 , unplugged , with a screw and plugged all again

--->> IT WORKS !

Thanks anyway

Last edited:
ok so for i have this and cant progress any further. What cluster size do i use when i format the sd card
5gOKnAA.jpg

I would like to be able to display more of the name of the game on the screen when going through the list. My questions are:
1. Can it be done or the do name of the foler/roms have to stay as they are?
2. If they can be, does the folder name or the game files/roms name have to changed.

If Darksoft can answer or somebody that currently has a multi kit can test and answer this questions for me.

I think the menu is currently designed to work with the exact name as in MAME, so if you change a folder name, it will not be recognized by the menu

folder name is irrelevant. You have a file called NAME on each folder.

@PascalP I believe you were thinking on neo geo, were you? ;)

folder name is irrelevant. You have a file called NAME on each folder.

@PascalP I believe you were thinking on neo geo, were you? ;)
Yes, must have drank too much when I checked the forum yesterday :P
Was thinking about MVS, sorry for any confusion ;)

PascaIP so that is a NO. The folders or files in the folders cannot be changed?

PascaIP so that is a NO. The folders or files in the folders cannot be changed?
Like Darksoft said there is a NAME file in every folder, open it with Notepad and you can edit the title displayed on the LCD :)

You can rename the folders to whatever you like but that will not change how the display works.

1 thing to note though is that the multi works with the FAT order, not alphabetical order ofthe folders, so if you want to show Street Fighter on top of the list for example, you can use an application like FAT Sorter to change the order.

Following up on my previous issue. Received my replacement PAL from PA and everything is working great. Thanks for all your help with this great product!

seem to be having a problem xian xi sent my kit back it was working before he sent it. I just hooked it up and get a red screen. I opened it up and everything is seared correctly.

Press everything back down tightly. They almost always come loose during shipping.

Hey do any of you guys know if the cn5 connector on a cps2 board can be easly purchased (connector that the multi kit would plug into). I purchased a board pretty cheap that was listed as not having video. After checking everything on it I saw that last owner bent one of the pins on CN5 connector really bad. I was able to get the pin to not touch another pin but its too bent fix properly. If i can purchase a connector i can solder it in on my own but i need somebody with a hot air desoldering station to remove it.
1.Can the CN5 connector be purchased
2. Does somebody out there do repairs on cps2 boards like this

Hey guys,
Got my kit, spent a lot of time troubleshooting so far but am still getting a solid grey/greenish screen, no issues programming, displaying "Now Playing"
before I post a full list of install info, tried steps and pictures I wanted to tackle one specific issue I have with jumpers on a Rev7 board.

On jumpers 10 and 12 which should be open, I have cut the traces, deeply, about ten passes, but am still getting continuity. I also have cut the trace at a second point on the jumper(not pictured).
All other traces where i had to make them open, i was able to break continuity without much effort with the scalpel. This leads me to believe that continuity might be from somewhere else on the board?

Here's a pic of the jumpers:
https://imgur.com/OpKW5ka
DSC_0041.jpg

So I have 2 questions:
  • Could bad jumper settings on J10-J12 be the root cause of a solid screen? It doesn't seem so from Mitsu's opening post.
  • Any idea why these 2 particular jumpers are so hard to cut, could the continuity be from the other side of the board or something?
Cheers

Solid green screen is not related to jumpers, must be something else. I assume that you read the instructions, right? Make sure that the PCBs sit properly, specially the tiny one that interconnects both. Also make sure that you discharge the 3-leg condensor (EXC5 IIRC) just behind where the battery was placed.
Last but not least, make sure that you are using the right romset depending on whether you installed the key writing wires or not.

Back