What's new
any other tips on the sound issue i am experiencing?
Please start a separate tech thread the next time. Want to keep this thread mostly about just the tips at the beginning.

Start a new thread and post some high res pics of your b-board without the kit installed.

I think I used IDC list for my SD card I'm using a Samsung 32 is it because it's to big of a card. I'm getting a solid white screen?

Interesting. Make sure your folders have all of the files. You may need to reformat your card and reload it. If that doesn't work try a smaller card.

OK so let me back up first I used a 2gb SanDisk some games worked some gamed didn't granted I did not copy all the games at once I just did 10. Then I went out and got the better Samsung 32gb card thinking this would be better and maybe help with the graphical glitches I was having. When I did this I started getting the operation failed on the lcd. So then I reformatted the old 2gb SanDisk card to fat 32 just now reloaded all the ROMS not just the ten and it still says operation failed with the white screen on my arcade monitor. It feels like the board cache somehow whatever was messed up and is stuck. I could be wrong. I just want the thing to work : ( ...I got to play ST for a little bit Today now I'm sad

If you want to send it to me to look at you can.

I feel like this is where we are heading but I really don't want to do that quite yet because it was just working ? But I will definetly take you up on it at some point if need be I really appreciate it you have come through for this community in so many ways. :thumbsup:

It's important you guys post your problems here, so others can learn.

I helped a fellow memeber to install his and this is what we got:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having an issue with my CPS2 Multi kit which I can not seem to fix.
I have a Rev. 7 Board (a former Capcom Sports Club board) on which I replaced the PAL chip with one of your G-Pals. I purchased the kit and G-Pal from Paradise Arcade.

I have double and triple checked all of the jumper settings (they were correct without any necessary changes) and have reseated the 3 boards at least 3 different times. Still, I get garbled or "static-y" images (on the whole or part of the screen) only on certain of the screens of each game -- rarely during gameplay, usually during the intro scenes or demo screens. On some games it's the "q-Sound" screen, on others it may include the region warning, and on others it may be during portions of the demo screen or ship selection screen. It's a different issue on each game, but for each game on which there is an issue it's a problem in the same place every time.

Having checked the jumpers and reseated the boards several times, do you have any other suggestions for what the problem could be? I'm pulling my hair out!

I recommended him several microSD but that didn't help, then he replied:

I thought I'd let you know that I figured out the problem -- and it had nothing to do with the multiboard or the card. Here it is in case someone else exhibits the same symptoms:

I was using the CPS2 board with a supergun that is connected to an XRGB Framemeister mini which, in turn, is connected to an LCD display. Turns out there is a sync level setting on the Framemeister that is set by
default to "9". Simply moving the sync level of the Framemeister to "10" eliminated all of the graphical glitches that each game that I loaded was exhibiting. Which, as I noted above, were different glitches for each game but which were consistent within each game.

So in the end it was a sync issue with he Framemeister that caused the problem. Which only occurred to me when I tried using a standard CPS2 B Board with the supergun and saw that I was getting graphical issues with that, and also when I tried using your multiboard on my candy cab and saw no glitches.

So all's well that ends well! :thumbsup:

Hi, all!

I tried to install the Multigame kit today, but now I'm stuck and need a little help from the professionals.

My board is a Vampire: The Night Warriors (Revision 6, PAL D; also have a PAL G here, which I ordered with the kit).

What I did:
- Disassembled and cleaned everything
- Removed all socketed eproms and mask roms

Checking the jumpers is next. First I soldered all Short connections and checked continuity.
Then I tried to cut all shorted Open connections. JP1-JP13 is cool, I had to make a few cuts, checked them and everything was fine.

Now I'm at JP15 and can't make it Open. It looks cut, from what I can see with my magnifier, but it isn't.
After checking some more, I realized, that both JP15 points are also connected with the JP16 and JP17 points. Thats why I always get continuity at JP15.

I'm really lost and hope you guys can help me out. Maybe it's just too late and I'm missing something obvious.

How are you checking continuity? Got some pictures to show us?

From one second to the other, without changing anything, I was able to get the continuity that should be there with both of my multimeters.
Yesterday I've spent like 2 hours with two multimeters and everything from JP14 to JP21 beeped, no matter what combination I tried. (eg:
)

Now I installed the rest of the kit. Had a few yellow screens, but after reseating everything and shorting EXC5, Progear and SS2X load and run just fine. :love:

Sorry for the confusion, I can't explain why this happened.

Yeah the jumpers control the eprom banks so they will test continuous if you test them like that. You just need to worry about each individual jumper. Test from one side to the other. If it is supposed to be open and it still beeps then cut between the two pads deeper.

Ok, was just trying to show, that everything is beeping all the time and maybe thought that's the issue.
Of course I tested each jumper individually like that:

14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

[] M+ [] [] [] [] [] []
SS CC SS CC SS CC SS CC
[] M- [] [] [] [] [] []

M= Multimeter
S= Solder
C= Cut

It definitely sounds like an issue with my two (!) multimeters. Like I said, from one second to the other, everything tested just fine. And I did not cut anything more at all. Very strange. And no, I'm not on drugs.^^

Anyway, thanks for the help and this awesome kit!! :)

I'm experiencing some odd behavior upon getting my CPS2 Multi Kit to boot up and work

I've overcome many pitfalls and bugs over the last two weeks. I've gotten to a point where I can load any game I throw at it... Except one.

Only one game so far, out of about a dozen horizontal games tested is having a problem

ANY version of Eco Fighters, doesn't matter which one, loads all the way to the warning screen, it then hangs on the warning screen just a bit too long and then crashes to a solid grey screen. Just before that there is a garbled checkerboard like static laden screen, then, all grey. If I reset it, it will once again boot, first a memory check, then the title screen, then the region copyright warning ... Then crash... Very frustrating. It will not allow me to enter test mode.

image.jpeg
Managed to capture this just after it crashed, just before it goes grey. It's very fast. There is another garbled screen just before this one. Too quick to photograph. On a few occasions the game would hang on the warning screen and go no further.

No other game does this. I've tried different micro sd cards. I even tried a couple 2GB cards with just that game on it and no go (while the same card loads any other random game if I swap it out with say "1944")

I've poured through all the troubleshooting threads and have at one point or another tried everything previously suggested. I've squashed a lot of other bugs thanks to those posts but this one persists.

The rom pack is straight from the 7Z file from mega.nz. It's the latest one, which I downloaded about two weeks ago when my kit arrived. The only thing I have not tried is redownloading that archive but I don't see how that could be a problem if everything else works and the game loads without error. I've tried writing the game to sd right from the 7Z archive, worrying that possibly the unarchival of it on to my PC desktop may have been corrupted but it doesn't matter.

Has anyone run Eco fighters from the latest full roll up pack? (Any version, they all do the same thing on my kit) I think the date on it is 9/25/16 or there abouts, it's version 2.3.

I guess if it can be verified that no one else has issues with the same pack / same game, then I have to wonder if there is a hardware issue. It seems unlikely given how many other games run flawlessly. It's hard to fathom how it could be the sd card but I've seen how finicky they behave from one to the next and my experience with many other sd flash carts certainly does not rule out the possibility, but after trying at least 6 different cards of dif sizes, I'm running out of hope that it's merely an sd issue.

My Rev 7 board is pristine. It has a G PAL already on it and all the jumpers were set as they needed to be from the factory. It's perfect. I'm suspicious of the A board. It's actually my second one after the first had a graphics issue. This USA region A board has spots of rust &/or corrosion on it although not from a burst battery. Almost as if it was exposed to moisture in the past. Originally the right channel of the audio didn't work but I fixed that bug.

Is there something about Eco Fighters that is different from other games?? I even tried other games by the same group that programmed it after reading up on it to see if there were any similar reports .. So far all other games run without issue.

That looks to me like a microSD problem. Try formating the card and copy the files in a single copy+past move.

When you say "copy and paste" do you mean literally copy all the folders and then paste them into the SD in one fell swoop? Or drag and drop?

I've copied the games over one at a time and multiple at a time but I've not used "copy & paste"

I guess I could do just that game but it seems like I've been doing nothing but formatting, erasing, reformatting, & unarchiving straight to the sd for what seems like eternity ... but that's the only game that doesn't work

Have you tested it from the new pack? That same archive that is on mega.nz ?

didn't work

Before I try any more sd tests could someone who has downloaded the 2.3 archive on mega.nz try Eco Fighters and let me know if they got it to work?

It needs to be tested from that archive to convince me lol... I def feel like I'm goin a bit crazy

Meanwhile I think I'll try one of the update roll up packs to see if there is any difference

I've formatted so many cards, done full erase, double checked with different sizes, used two dif conputers, several different sd readers and on and on. Makes no sense to me that one game would be this finicky while the rest are fine

Edit: tried the Eco fighters from the update roll up zip file. I copied and pasted that and a random game. Both loaded and booted but again, EF crashed

Used a solid "Sandisk" 2gb micro sd but I've also used Samsung C4 that I know are not knockoffs. None of my micro sd cards want to play that one game

In the meantime I tried out anothe half dozen games even a couple vertical and they all work great on all the cards I've been using

Last edited:
can be copy+paste or drag and drop, but must be in one fell swoop.

can be copy+paste or drag and drop, but must be in one fell swoop.
def did that twenty times over
See above

I really don't think it's my sd

Hope someone can test the game from that 2.3 archive. Or maybe point me to a link were I can download it from a different location

Is it possible it could be caused by a problem with one of my boards ? One game ?

Back