What's new
Getting a new A board very soon to replace the one I bought that was faulty from QuarterArcade . Will reformat/retest sd cards and redownloading rollups once it's in.

In the meantime if someone who has downloaded the 2.3 rollups who has tried Eco fighters could chime in it would alleviate the shadow of a doubt I have

On a whim I reformatted the same 2GB micro sd, then Downloaded the update pack posted in the rollups thread from smoke monster when Eco fighters was first released from this link

https://mega.nz/#!4Y8z2KjB!sianRsJYiYHvHoCrXSlUs0ARuLqndD0urfmoJzSUaCk

I then copied and pasted just the one game folder like I did countless times before and this time it worked (double checked that it was a fluke and repeated the entire process but used the 2.3 rollup pack version and that still crashes)

Edit: been reading the original rollup release thread and see why the "dl" was added, so am I right that the change of file structure which also affects the overall size is due to them being decrypted? Or is there another reason ?

Edit2: read the entire 9 page rollup pack thread. I def agree and instinctively knew that as cards are finicky in flash carts. I'm usual very careful to format and copy entire folders at once and. It incrementally update it.

I think that this issue I am experiencing is something else tho. It's very hard to tell sometimes if a bug is real or not.

I hope I'll know for sure when I swap out this A board but it does indeed feel like an sd problem I just don't know how else to test it. All Tests have shown the same thing. That the Eco fighters games from 2.3, all 6 or 7 of them, will crash yet the four that were initially uploaded by smoke monster will run fine.

Last edited:
try a different SD card entirely
yeah, as I said in previous posts, I tried at least 6 rock solid micro sd cards. None were more than 8GB in size. I was very systematic about it. I used a 2GB to try just single game folders, and regardless of which card I used, I always formatted it first and then copied over folders in one grab. Never incremental. (And I used two dif computers and three different card readers)

It's got all the signs of an sd problem but I've done more than the usual troubleshooting to try to counteract it.

The fact that the one set of roms work and the other does not signifies other possibilities. my A board is suspect at the moment. Waiting on a replacement.

Try swapping the roms that work for you out with the ones that don't.

First of all I just wanted to say I'm loving this kit even with the bug I have. So a big thanks to all who made this possible.

I always get a solid screen on boot where I have to power cycle anywhere from 1 to 4 times before the last loaded game will play. If I don't want to do that I can just load another game and then the auto reset does it's thing and I'm good to go. Unfortunately, shorting exc5 doesn't resolve the issue and I'm using the your recommended sd card and windows to format. Using 7zip I extract straight to the card. If this isn't an easy fix I was wondering as a work around is there anyway I can trigger the auto reset with a push button?

If you are in the US can can send your kit to me for testing. You shouldn't have to go through that all of the time.

If you are in the US can can send your kit to me for testing. You shouldn't have to go through that all of the time.
sounds like a b board thing rather than an issue with the kit. Docc have you tried the kit on another b board?

First of all I just wanted to say I'm loving this kit even with the bug I have. So a big thanks to all who made this possible.

I always get a solid screen on boot where I have to power cycle anywhere from 1 to 4 times before the last loaded game will play. If I don't want to do that I can just load another game and then the auto reset does it's thing and I'm good to go. Unfortunately, shorting exc5 doesn't resolve the issue and I'm using the your recommended sd card and windows to format. Using 7zip I extract straight to the card. If this isn't an easy fix I was wondering as a work around is there anyway I can trigger the auto reset with a push button?
I decided to test continuity on exc5 and my multimeter detected shorts. Im guessing thats not supposed to happen if the fix is to short exc5. Please have a look at my youtube video.
https://youtu.be/iPC4oV-ykfY

Hi All need you help

I just got my kit yesterday, I try every single step by step to install my kit, but after I put it back to A board power on, my monitor just have grey screen show, even I try to flash some game to the rom( the small LCD screen show all done), my monitor still as before grey screen. can I ask which parts I doing wrong?

Hi All need you help

I just got my kit yesterday, I try every single step by step to install my kit, but after I put it back to A board power on, my monitor just have grey screen show, even I try to flash some game to the rom( the small LCD screen show all done), my monitor still as before grey screen. can I ask which parts I doing wrong?
I responded t the thread you created. Please don't double post. We will get you up and running no problems.

Hi All need you help

I responded t the thread you created. Please don't double post. We will get you up and running no problems.
Sorry for my double post, thank you

Hi All need you help

Sorry for my double post, thank you
and update your profile with your location please.

Hi guys,

I am running into the sprites vertical stripes issues with several mother board also.
I dont see any bent pins on the motherboard.
Could it be a software issue related to the SD card?

Hi guys,

I am running into the sprites vertical stripes issues with several mother board also.
Was the pcb working fine before the conversion? Look for worn sockets on the pcb also.

I had vertical stripes on my B board before I even started... I was just not pressing it into the A board hard enough. Not sure if that's the case for you, but it's worth a little push.

Hi guys,

Was the pcb working fine before the conversion? Look for worn sockets on the pcb also.
Thank you guys for helping me.
Actually my two mother board were working before, that is why I am leaning towards an issue with the kit itself.
But I dont see any issue with the pins being broken or bent.

Back