What's new
Ugh. So I couldn't get my multi kit to work. I was installing it on an orange, Hispanic region board with no battery. After installation and loading a game the LCD screen claimed it was working fine but no game was working. I tried pushing the board in firmly to make sure everything was connecting. I also tried shorting the capacitor to be safe and still just got a single color video output. So I take it out and duh, stupid me, I see that the end of a pin is missing.

I assume I broke it myself as I don't recall seeing a missing pin. I don't know if I broke it pushing it in, fiddling with it once it was installed, or pulling it out. Either way, here's an image of what I'm working with now.

The broken one is on the lower right. I'm sorry I couldn't get a more in focus picture; my camera refused to focus on the board. So, what do I do at this point?

3EQ93C5.jpg

I can send you pins and you solder them yourself or you can send it to me and pay a small fee.

If you could tell me the specific part name I wouldn't mind ordering it myself (or perhaps even find them locally).

Maybe @Darksoft can tell you. I think they are hard to find in the US in small quantities. That's why he sends me a bunch occasionally.

High pins are BBS-132-T-C from SAMTEC;
Low pins for program ROM PCB were bought from HK Kemei Electronics and the part number is KM1004. However, minimum order is *ouch* 1000 unit.

@Mitsurugi-w you dont have any of the high pins?? @Seieienbu is in TX.

PLMK.

Thank you for sending me the pins. I managed to find the time to install a new one and it looks like it's good to go. At this point I'm back to where I started: I have a white screen even though the LCD says that the games are loading correctly. The jumpers are soldered correctly and the pins all seem to be well inserted. I installed it on a previously working MvSF board with no battery and I grounded the capacitor to be on the safe side.

Do I need to use a specific region board? I'm using an orange board atm.

Every pcb will work with the kit. Time for some pictures of the kit installed. This is usually caused by the EXC5 needing to be shorted (which you did), the interconnect pcb is installed backwards, or recently I had one come to me that had an entire row of pins that the factory missed when soldering on the program rom pcb.

I just finished installing the kit. And it mostly works. Except a sound problem. I get wrong samples/garbled sound during the games.

Now I have a rev 4 B Board and ordered a PAL G chip with the kit. I soldered a wire from the pin 9 to the kit like in the instructions. However, do I have to remove pin 9 from the socket or is it supposed to be pluged in like the others?

I am a bit clueless what else could be wrong with my install. The jumpers seem to be set correctly.

Would be happy for some help or some good ideas what to do :?:

I also installed the keywriting wiring and that works too. So I dont think that has anything to do with the problem but I dont know for sure.

yes, remove the pin 9 from the socket and double check that you really got a PAL G

yes, remove the pin 9 from the socket and double check that you really got a PAL G
Thanks a lot for the quick answer! That was the culprit. Now it works. :thumbsup:

Have to say this is a great kit. A must have for every CPS2 fan.

(The installation manual could use a little overhaul, though. The keywriting wiring should be explained there, too. Okay, there is enough info here on the forum to get it working but for completeness' sake it should be in the manual, too. Its a very cool feature after all!)

Just got my kit and installed, getting a solid blue screen, using a working mvc board phoenixed, jumper 1-4 are set to OSSO. I’m guessing I need to reverse these 4, all others are good. Not sure how this was working since it’s not the correct jumper settings for Gpal. It’s a rev 4 board that looks like it was factory converted. It has the jumper wire on the back. Would incorrect jumpers product a solid blue screen?

Just got my kit and installed, getting a solid blue screen, using a working mvc board phoenixed, jumper 1-4 are set to OSSO. I’m guessing I need to reverse these 4, all others are good. Not sure how this was working since it’s not the correct jumper settings for Gpal. It’s a rev 4 board that looks like it was factory converted. It has the jumper wire on the back. Would incorrect jumpers product a solid blue screen?
most likely you need to short exc5. If it's not that you need to ensure a solid connection between a and b boards

Don't touch the jumpers. They should be fine. This is not a jumper issue. I need to know a few things.

Is this a new kit?

If so did you install the key writing wires?

Which rom pack did you download?

This is a brand new kit, just got it from paradise. No key writing wires installed. Installed the roll up pack from the link in the rom thread. The board was working prior to install. Made sure the a & b were sandwiched together pretty hard. Reseated the two riser boards several times pins look good. Shorted the exc5 several times across all three pins for 10 seconds at a time. I tried a 32gb as then a 2gb, same issue. Formatted from a windows Pc. Tried several roms same issue. It will flash but still solid blue screen.

If you did not install key rewrite wires thern you need to download the old decrypted pack. You can verify by loading the MVC unlocked rom in the set you have now. It should boot since it is a decrypted rom.

I just downloaded the oldbase pack I’m assuming that’s the correct one? I’m using the 2gb card and didn’t have space to copy all the files so I copied 19xx and a few other games. I now get some video at least while it’s flashing then I get a black screen on all except for 19xx I get a Ram Err and nothing else.

Time for some pictures of your setup now.

Back