Pinned Troubleshooting Tips

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • xodaraP wrote:

      Wait... Can we get a photo of your CN9 connector? Are you sure your wires are correct?

      That shouldn't stop decrypted games running though.

      Is your interconnect board seated properly?

      Board is a seven revision. I'll attach pictures below.




      xodaraP wrote:

      That looks super clean, no issues there

      If you load the latest firmware onto an SD card and try to flash it does the FW disappear? Might be worth trying it, maybe the firmware is corrupted?
      I'll have to try that. Worried I'd need to do the arduino discovery method though if it did have the old firmware and I had already soldered wires and tried to write the games using encryption.
      Images
      • interconnect.jpg

        214.08 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 14 times
      • interconnect2.jpg

        220.57 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 14 times
      • wires.jpg

        232.5 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 16 times
    • The interconnect board, doesnt seem to be completely pushed up on the left side (where main PCB is). The orientation is good. In any case it wouldn't explain the problem that he's showing. That's either:

      A) Some solder blob when installing the key writing wires
      B) some kind of shortcut or ESD that corrupted the firmware. Reinstall again.
      C) Bad quality microSD. Try a different one. Format it fresh and copy all files in one drag+drop move.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Darksoft wrote:

      The interconnect board, doesnt seem to be completely pushed up on the left side (where main PCB is). The orientation is good. In any case it wouldn't explain the problem that he's showing. That's either:

      A) Some solder blob when installing the key writing wires
      B) some kind of shortcut or ESD that corrupted the firmware. Reinstall again.
      C) Bad quality microSD. Try a different one. Format it fresh and copy all files in one drag+drop move.
      I re-flashed newest firmware successfully (got the rapid blinking green LED andfile disappeared from Micro SD afterwards). Issue continued. I then formatted two SDs that have worked on other CPS2 Multi Kits and copied all files via drag and drop. Issue continued.

      One thing I didn't mention that I probably should have is that the LCD seems to have white squares over the whole thing, you can still read the names of the games you're switching through, but it's a bit difficult unless you tilt the Micro SD.

      I haven't tried re-seating the CPS2 Multi on the B board yet. I'll give that a go next. Just trying to exhaust all the troubleshooting options I can before biting the bullet and sending it over to Master Mitsurugi to check it out.

      If the CPS2 Multi did in fact have the old firmware on it, and the wires were soldered for encryption and the Micro SD had the new roms that included key writing, could that produce the problems I've mentioned? (Since I did write a game with the key writing before updating firmware initially) Or would that give a different result?

      I appreciate all the help so far.
    • buckweet wrote:

      If the CPS2 Multi did in fact have the old firmware on it, and the wires were soldered for encryption and the Micro SD had the new roms that included key writing, could that produce the problems I've mentioned? (Since I did write a game with the key writing before updating firmware initially) Or would that give a different result?

      Yes, you could have corrupted the bootloader. When did you buy it?
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Darksoft wrote:

      buckweet wrote:

      If the CPS2 Multi did in fact have the old firmware on it, and the wires were soldered for encryption and the Micro SD had the new roms that included key writing, could that produce the problems I've mentioned? (Since I did write a game with the key writing before updating firmware initially) Or would that give a different result?
      Yes, you could have corrupted the bootloader. When did you buy it?
      Purchased from not the most recent, but second to most recent run from Paradise. I do believe this was a run with the updated firmware, but I could be mistaken. 05/07/2018