What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy about 9 broken Blast city at a deal (for me it is) I have not power them up, they look complete. How easy/hard are these to repair?

The hardest part would be if the monitors need repair. They are still repairable. Even if you had to wire in a different power supply they are still desirable.

Do they have repro fly back? I believe it's all monitor issue. why else would they take it off the floor, right?

The Blasts have the Nanao MS2930 monitor. Phenomenal monitor but if the flyback dies there are no replacements available.

I ran into this same problem with Nanao MS8-29 the flyback was dead. While i normally do my own monitor repair my only option was to send it to a repair place that had a spare flyback... even then I paid $160 for the repair and I got a used but still good flyback.

If the chassis are dead then you have 3 options
1. find and buy a new chassis that still works
2. send it out for repair to a place that still has parts
3. replace the chassis with a different model (worst option IMO)

I mean when it comes down to it these are just fancy boxes that house a monitor.

Just something to be aware of.

Good to know. I'm into repairing thing myself because I'm cheap and stubborn enough :). Here hoping their tech is worst then me. If I get 50% of these working again I'll be happy. I do have 3 extra 2933 chassis I can use. Having said that are the tube from a 2930 compatible with the 2931 and 2933 chassis?

Good to know. I'm into repairing thing myself because I'm cheap and stubborn enough :). Here hoping their tech is worst then me. If I get 50% of these working again I'll be happy. I do have 3 extra 2933 chassis I can use. Having said that are the tube from a 2930 compatible with the 2931 and 2933 chassis?
You can drop a 2931 chassis on a 2930 tube as-is with no problems.

If you want to put a 2933 chassis on a 2930 tube, I've read you have to replace a component on the chassis otherwise brightness is way off.

However if you have a 2931 tube, you can use the 2933 chassis as-is.

You can drop a 2931 chassis on a 2930 tube as-is with no problems.

If you want to put a 2933 chassis on a 2930 tube, I've read you have to replace a component on the chassis otherwise brightness is way off.

However if you have a 2931 tube, you can use the 2933 chassis as-is.
Thanks

Back