What's new

g1zm0

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello All,

after months of testing I'm proud to anunce my public release of my NET NAOMI.

NET NAOMI is a C# application that allows netboot with NAOMI 1 or 2.

Is written from scratch but I used the public phyton source to see the differences in my NAOMI.

Now I'm developing a Raspberry PI Web application that allows netboot. (My goal is load games from my smartphone or tablet)

DOWNLOAD LINKS (See Read.me included for more info) :

EDIT:
This version allow you to load rom not only from .bin images but also from .zip .7z and .rar (to save space)

NET NAOMI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4jd2vehc2raqmd/NET-NAOMI.zip?dl=0

NET NAOMI GUI (Windows Form Application)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyggtuimmr4vx1q/NET-NAOMI-GUI.zip?dl=0

Enjoy this release and write me comments complaints bugs ecc ecc.

G1zm0

Last edited:
Good to see some other netboot solutions...

Isn't there already a pi netboot version that has a web interface and can be controlled from any web browser?

Maybe that's not what you are trying to program?

I don't know if what i have in mind is already developed by others.

For me is the opportunity to learn something about raspberry development and of course a lot of fun when all will work! ;)

Thank you Philbee90, something like that.

But I want to use Mono or at least Java.

And of course a bit of jQuery.

Good job writing a solution yourself, kudo's! I'd also love to see what you can come up with in terms of a remote booting location from a smartphone or similar. Definitely a great learning experience :)

As for me is useless but others maybe happy about that. I do not see a reason of developing of .net app on the RPi. First because of resources, second RPi on it's own may serve a web app written in python only. By going this way you have simple solution easy to maintain without overhead or any other nasty things of this kind. Moreover by using python you may use serial communication interface which maybe useful with equipment in the cabinet. Deciding for .net is bad thing because such app or script will not work with RPi ZERO which is today crazy cheap. Pi Zero is good enough solution for applications of this kind, only wifi dongle is needed, actually is enough to use very same dongle (Vendor ID and Product ID have to match) as RPi3 does and - that's it, you have clean hands, you achive cheap, stable and effective solution with almost no effort. Going this way you save your time for more exciting things and features in your arcade cabinet.

Kyrol thank you for your post.

I reaspect ypour ideas and I think you are right but, as said, I develop this because I want and because I like discover new things.

Anyway:

- I have installed apache in my raspberry pi 2 so I can use different languages to develop Web GUI
- I'm thinking to convert my application in C to see speed differences
- I'm porting my C# console app to mono to see if it works
- I don't have the pi in the cabinet (and I don't have a cabinet yet because I bought my NAOMI only for research and development (it's my own challenge)).
- You can use serial with .NET and Mono.

PI is in another place of my house used for other tasks.

I realy don't care if my solution will be used or not by others..

But if it does I'm here for any kind of support...

Again thank you for your opinion.

G1zm0

Either mono or .net aren't necessary here, there is absolutely nothing what python and bash can't do, so I wonder what advantage is because of that. I'm on my own way to use PiForceTools because another one fork which contribute nothing is not desired by me. What is sad from my perspective - everyone here does it's own implementation related with PiForceTools but nobody consider how to access i.e. SRAM in order to make PiForceTools more feature rich. I will try to use PiForceTools without extra luggage and add features which will contribute something.

I give you advice. Earlier I considered nettop or x86-based device in the cab. If you wish to stick with .net or mono, maybe here is way. I refused to work with it because I need GPIO access which is pretty well documented, therefore I have to choose RPi. PCs have PCI or PCI-E interface which is not as much accessible and documented as GPIO in RPi but everything is possible. Actually I know person who did such trick.

Last edited:
I don't know python sorry that's why I can't contribute.

I haven't realase a fork I've written my tool from scratch.

I've used python only to checked the commands and their results in NAOMI.

I've developed a simple sniffer to do that thing.

I've read your post seems interesting.

So it looks like your project description is missing. I thought that you used python code (PiForceTools to be exact) with .net. So question is how it does work exactly?

Regarding my project - some features are effortless in implementation, some don't but all of them are useful, at least for me.

Last edited:
If you continue to answer KyRol in this thread he'll never stop leaving negative comments. He was doing a great job of derailing my PiForceWeb thread as well. I can tell by his posts that he hasnt even tried the files.

Looks as though right now this is just a replacement for transfer.exe , and it a great start. Love the floppy disc icon of the GUI version :)
Keep up the good work, and don't let anyone's negative comments impact you.

If you continue to answer KyRol in this thread he'll never stop leaving negative comments.
Excuse me, you are internet troll or spammer? I may play with you as well. If I ever release my project to the public it will be available with exceptions as you. Why you afraid frankly speech? You think that everyone should carry you on hands for simple implementation of others work? I came to give you feedback in your thread and what? you start crying that feature requests are not related with your topic. I do not care about your negatives because they have not any value for me, and from some time you use negative signs in my posts without reason. If I will have a wish to play with you in very same game I can do the same with my friends. I may post negatives everywhere. Will you cry then?

g1zm0 is a true man, he do not refuse the feedback and do not cry as you, so what's your problem?

Last edited:
This forum is meant for everyone. Beginners to Experts. It is meant for everyone to share their projects. Your comments should be supportive and helpful. As I said in the other thread, if you disagree with how someone else's project works or the intentions of the project then use your own thread for your own project to make one the way you wish.

@KyRol, maybe it isn't your intention but the tone of your responses in this thread come across as negative. Please be more supportive of your fellow members projects. If you don't like it you don't have to use it. No reason to discourage anyone from proceeding with their project as they please. Of course constructive opinions are welcomed and encouraged. So if you have an idea to make a project better then please post it in a supportive tone.

Of course constructive opinions are welcomed and encouraged
What's wrong about my comment here i.e. #10? Is not constructive? Isn't supportive? I have to change a tone and Malenko may click dislike on each my post without consequences and you as administrator do not have any objections to him. What about that? I really do not care what Malenko thinks about my opinions in others threads. Really. And from now I will not post any feedback, I will post nothing if you deny frankly speech.

Last edited:
Of course constructive opinions are welcomed and encouraged
What's wrong about my comment here i.e. #10? Is not constructive? Isn't supportive? I have to change a tone and Malenko may click dislike on each my post without consequences and you as administrator do not have any objections to him. What about that? I really do not care what Malenko thinks about my opinions in others threads. Really. And from now I will not post any feedback, I will post nothing if you deny frankly speech.
As I said the tone of many of your posts COMES ACROSS as negative. Now maybe English isn't your first language and you don't intend that. (You should update your profile to state your general location) There is nothing wrong with frank speech. But as I said supportive speech is more productive. For example, the phrase "Have you considered doing this?" is more productive and supportive than "You should do this." Especially since there is more than one path to any destination.

I did not respond to you just because Malenko -1 your comments. I read EVERY POST in the forum. If the tone could eventually lead to drama then I need to step in. This forum is a ZERO DRAMA forum. I'm just doing my job. Call it preventative maintenance. If Malenko goes into your thread and causes issues I will deal with him as well.

@EVERYONE ON THE FORUM, when you edit your post I can go back and read EVERY version of your post to compare what you changed. If you are upset about something, please take a minute to breath before hitting Submit. If you have to edit out anger then you may have forgot to do this. :)

Is it even possible to access sram from the network interface that netboot is using?
Chihiro sees the netdimm as a disk. The netboot interface can read and write sectors of that disk.

Reading system memory however would be like your harddisk reading your pc memory on it's own.
Some might say it's basically a dma transfer, and they are correct, but a dma transfer is initiated from the program code running on the machine and not from it's disk.

I know there are some unused commands in the triforcetools.py code that claim to read system ram, but do they even work?

There are also instructions to read netdimm memory. I managed to get that one working on chihiro 1, but never on chihiro 3 with outrun 2. When outrun starts, it takes over the network interface and the chihiro disconnects. Maybe it's not a chihiro 3 thing but a game thing.

Sorry, took a while to read this post, so I missed part of the drama..

Last edited:
MODERATED BY MITSU

@everyone, Let's put this thread back on topic.

@KyRol, if you wish to discuss these things with me further then please PM me.

-----Mitsu

Is it even possible to access sram from the network interface that netboot is using?
There was some failed tries, but here is thread about this. Further research and investigation is needed to judge is it possible or not.

Last edited:
Back