What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Ok Guys,

I know this has been talked/thrown about a few times and I keep getting comments/questions regarding it. Comments like "how awesome it would be to see Darksoft make a Naomi Multi Flash Cart, so....

Who would like to see made/purchase a Darksoft Naomi Multi Flash Cart?

Last edited:
I am happy with my Netboot solution. But I am open for it (after MVS, F3 :) )

ME!!!
No one seems to believe me, or agree with me... But CF kits suck, GD rom kits suck, netbooting sucks!
We need a proper flashcart pure and simple, and I'm totally willing to drop 500$ on such a device.
Yup, agree with you on that. $500, hell $600 for such a device with Darksoft/Mitsu quality/support is more than a fair price.

if I have a netboot pi with screen, but i MUST have a Naomi DDR Multi cart with onscreen menu.

Actually one is not enough, so please two.

Ps- depriorize the MVS multi if needed.

I would also be interested in this. Question - how about simply a CF card that would be large enough to hold all Naomi games on it and provides a menu option to select the games? I have a CF adapter that I used prior to using a Pi Netboot setup that worked well, it was only the issue of switching out the CF cards to change games. How difficult would it be to design a CF card that works with the CF adapters out there and play all games from it, basically a multi CF card. Then it could also be used with Triforce and Chihiro as the new firmware allows for a generic CF card adapter to be used with these machines as well and would be much easier with the smaller volume of games. Multicart is a great idea, just curious if the CF card method would be substantially cheaper and still provide the same purpose and one could be designed to work with Triforce and Chihiro as well. Just a thought.

if I have a netboot pi with screen, but i MUST have a Naomi DDR Multi cart with onscreen menu.

Actually one is not enough, so please two.

Ps- depriorize the MVS multi if needed.
Well that's at least 6 naomi multis wanted between the 4 of us. I dont think its enough for Darksoft to go for it yet, gotta bring these numbers up or raised the price of each unit :D

I would also be interested in this. Question - how about simply a CF card that would be large enough to hold all Naomi games on it and provides a menu option to select the games? I have a CF adapter that I used prior to using a Pi Netboot setup that worked well, it was only the issue of switching out the CF cards to change games. How difficult would it be to design a CF card that works with the CF adapters out there and play all games from it, basically a multi CF card. Then it could also be used with Triforce and Chihiro as the new firmware allows for a generic CF card adapter to be used with these machines as well and would be much easier with the smaller volume of games. Multicart is a great idea, just curious if the CF card method would be substantially cheaper and still provide the same purpose and one could be designed to work with Triforce and Chihiro as well. Just a thought.
Thats seems like a doable idea, but I guess Darksoft would have to answer that. I think the way to go for him would have to be something like the MVS multi though.

Thats seems like a doable idea, but I guess Darksoft would have to answer that. I think the way to go for him would have to be something like the MVS multi though.
It would defeat the purpose. We would want to replace the DIMM and have the multi plug in like a regular cart. Thus eliminating all of the complicated setups while decreasing power consumption/draw.

Count me in as interested for sure! +1 unit at least, possibly 2

Last edited:
So you're saying it's on? ;)
Replacing the dimm sounds like a nice design. I don't have a mobo or io or anything yet but I buy everything else, so why not. +1 for me

Well, that makes at least:

10x Naomi Multis wanted

Everyone thats interested please post up. We might persuade Darksoft & Mitsu to at least give it some serious thought :D
So you're saying it's on? ;)
Replacing the dimm sounds like a nice design. I don't have a mobo or io or anything yet but I buy everything else, so why not. +1 for me

I would be interested in one as long as it boots faster than the current piforce solution
even the carts take a while to check and boot. would that be possible or is that a limitation of the Naomi bios?

i'd go one if it allowed all games to be playable. also if plug-able like a normal cart or dimm wouldnt that also open the possibility to be used on chihiro or triforce

I'd be interested if the cost was low enough and/or if games retained high scores between switching.

I don't mind the SUN PSUs and the DIMM equipment, the only thing that bothers me with CF/Net-Booting is that if I change games my high scores and other play data disappears.

Back