What's new
I realized I hadn't chimed in on this thread, but this has always been something I had hoped for. I was fortunate enough to learn how to netboot directly from Mits, but I've still had SEVERAL issues over the years like incorrect voltage, or transfergame just deciding it wasn't going to boot something and spitting back garbled code.

I'd be grateful for a simpler solution, and I don't even care about saving scores or other data.

tldr; Mugi is in for 1.

I care about both scores and unlock character data (like in MvC2 for example)...
I am pretty sure there is a way to hack the ROM to unlock all characters. But for Highscore, i don't even care much about having it or not (not a big fan of shmmup)

mvc2 and project justice were modded by a member here to unlock characters. You can netboot them that way.

Saving sram is still not done as far as I know.

I would love to get one :thumbup:
But I am curious that how multicart deals with GDROM game.
I was doing GDROM to cartridge conversion last week. Seems need some patch to make it work as a cart rom.

"it would be better to have a multi cart that couldn't save hiscores than no multi cart at all."
Truth. Beggars can't be too choosy.

Man, happy to see that interest for this multi cart has definitely grown. Keep the interest posts coming guys :thumbsup:

I am sure the arcade multi Gods on the site will hear and answer our prayers sooner or later :whistling:

is-it-done-yet-is-it-done-yet-is-it-done-yet.jpg

Dear NAOMI,

b: Please tell me your secrets. Where is your UART port?

N1: いいえ、結構です

b: One last chance or I remove your SH4 processor

N1: ERROR 21:THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD

b: Okay, time to make you into scrap.

n1-sh4-removed.jpg

SH4 cpu removed, traced out some things, confirmed where to tap SCIF UART (allows usb serial connection to pc host for dev/debug type functions)

NAOMI telling more secrets:

n1-say-wut.jpg

Dear NAOMI,

b: Please tell me your secrets. Where is your UART port?

N1: いいえ、結構です

b: One last chance or I remove your SH4 processor

N1: ERROR 21:THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD

b: Okay, time to make you into scrap.

n1-sh4-removed.jpg

SH4 cpu removed, traced out some things, confirmed where to tap SCIF UART (allows usb serial connection to pc host for dev/debug type functions)

NAOMI telling more secrets:

n1-say-wut.jpg
"traced out some things, confirmed where to tap SCIF UART"

Well done sir, care to share the pins you tapped? eventually ?

I hope you got some fun output on that UART! I'm guessing all sort of debug messages galore. =]

Back