What's new
Gnnnh....!! The joy vs. agony rate on this is too low. When it works it works (almost) flawlessly, but when it doesn't.... X(

I've had it working on this computer with the 8.36 version. Now when I try to connect it it shows up as a USB serial device under ports. Topall asks me to reconnect the device and it changes to 'topall013' under libusb-win32 devices (as it should IIRC) but now Topall gives me a Read USB bad!! message and exits ;(

I found a new version (8.37) here but same issue and I also updated the libusb drivers to the latest version but the same.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this are greatly appreciated :love:

Running on w10x64 (and oh, sorry for the necrobump :rolleyes: )

Hmm try reinstalling the driver in the Windows mode with driver signing enforcement disabled, should start working again. If that doesn't do it, try running as administrator.

All I had to do on win 10 x64 was reboot with driver signing off and install (probably as admin)

Hmm try reinstalling the driver in the Windows mode with driver signing enforcement disabled, should start working again. If that doesn't do it, try running as administrator.
All I had to do on win 10 x64 was reboot with driver signing off and install (probably as admin)
Thanks guys, but already running with driver signing enforcement disabled :(
Got it up and running on another PC (also w10x64). Erase, blank and read works but writing reports error at 0000 trying to write to an SST27SF512. Haven't tried any other chips yet.

Maybe your EPROMs aren't fully erased or it's an unlucky chip make/manufacturer that the top3000 is picky with.

One other thing to try is selecting the slowest possible speed setting before programming.

I've had the best luck, by FAR, with ST brand roms. A lot of older / smaller roms that were over-erased may not program well. Or like was mentioned they may be a brand the TOP doesn't like. But if you get one of them to go, the others may be bad or had been baked way too long in the eraser by someone else.

The SST27SF512:s are EEPROMS so can't be over-baked, but I suppose they still have a finite lifespan.

Ok, so I got help by a friend with a GQ-4X programmer and all five IC's worked fine with that one. Didn't have time to try any other IC's on m TOP3000 today, but I ran the self test and it reported something being wrong with the programmer :/ Of course it doesn't tell you what is wrong X/ Gonna try installing on a clean PC at some point and see if that works better.

A big thx to everyone who took their time trying to help me :love:

Hi everyone,
I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today?
Thank you

Hi everyone,
I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today?
Thank you
I have one, it has worked reliably for whatever I've needed, however I read there is a new version: TOP 3100, however no idea if that's the most recent version, though.

I got mine to work in Win 10 64bit, seems like a recent update as well and the included setup PDF is pretty good for windows 10. The short story is that you need to restart using advanced restart settings (one way to get here is hold SHIFT while clicking on the restart option), and in the subsequent reboot select item #7 - disable driver signature enforcement.

Then when you run the setup EXE file it'll bump a driver warning, that you have to acknowledge. At that point, it seems to be fine. Since the link above didn't work for me today, I threw a version on MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!gpwgyYAC!gvcCz_-pNlZxBCFziEGXFU3T64vTpQ7vn5mDHwMwLgY
Thanks for posting this. Is v8.36 the latest version of this software?

Hm, I have no idea, I've since sold my top3k.

"Latest" and "working for you" are two totally different ideals by the way. That software at least worked for me, at the time. If you find something stable I wouldn't bother upgrading myself, unless it was finally adding driver signatures that is.

Running Topall v.8.37 on a Mac 10.10.5 (Yosemite) using Parallels Desktop, runs flawlessley in my testing.

Back