What's new
Do any of these higher end programmers handle non-jedec w/o having to do a mod?
the top3000 should be able to do the non-jedec chips doesn't it?
see if it's listed as 27c301
No sir, only if the it's modified to do that... i just purchased an 32 ZIF socket for this purpose to modify my top3000. maybe in the near future i will buy another programmer who is able to program non-jedec chips by factory.

Last edited:
well, in that case my opinion of the Top3000 just went down :-/

I'm pretty sure the GQ4X4 can do them.

Can't you load custom profiles in the Top3000 software?

Fun feature of the ChipMax 2... chips 32 pins and smaller it can' auto-identify for you :)

I use the Top3000 everyday. I probably have an early version that might explain why I had zero issues with it. For the non JEDEC chips I just built myself an adapter and that was it.

As you can imagine I have burnt literally thousands of chips with it.

From my understanding, there's dodgy Top3000's out there and good Top3000's.

I think it was in a thread here (or another forum) which pointed out some units used certain caps which leaked, some units have better caps which have no issues.

Have you tried any other versions of the software? They're hard to find (and slow to download), but well worth using a older or newer version just in case?

My Top3000 works in Win10 without issues.
The cable that came with it was pure trash IMO.

In preparation for when mine will arrive, can somebody share the link to the correctly working drivers or upload them somewhere? :)

I hopefully will get a better programmer in the future. However my Top3000 has had no errors and I even run it on a Mac.

I opened my unit when I got it and thankfully it didn’t have the leaky caps like other users have reported.
Which software do you use with it on the mac?

I just run the standard software in Parallels Desktop. Just make sure you turn on the Top 3000 after loading then assign it be usable in the Windows. Works a treat. Never had an issue.

I can’t get my HP laptop to even see my Top2049 so I still have to use it with my notebook.

I got a TOP3000 off Alibaba back in January 2019, tested it at that point and it worked, kept it in the box since then, and it won't even power on now. I cracked it open and the screws were all oxidized and the QC stick shows 03-14-08. As far as I can tell, the caps aren't leaking, but it won't power on via USB or the AC Adapter at all.

Attachments

• 20200522_130548.jpg
    20200522_130548.jpg
    857.6 KB · Views: 199
I got a TOP3000 off Alibaba back in January 2019, tested it at that point and it worked, kept it in the box since then, and it won't even power on now. I cracked it open and the screws were all oxidized and the QC stick shows 03-14-08. As far as I can tell, the caps aren't leaking, but it won't power on via USB or the AC Adapter at all.
@aoiddr, Check this CAPS list i & @sk8er000 compiled and try to replace the capacitors... maybe can help.

Last edited:
I ended up not replacing them as I got 16v caps and they didn't fit. Still works fine though...

Back