What's new

Malenko

Professional
Reaction score
Ok so the issue is Xmen vs SF U wont load if its on the micro SD card with all the games from the Roll up pack. Specifically, it fails almost instantly when flashing and the screen is green.
if I copy the folder off the card, format the card, and put *JUST* XvsSF on it, the game plays fine. if I format the card and copy over the entire roll up pack , all the other games I try work EXCEPT XvsSF

to note, the name is not complete on the LCD it says something along the lines of XvsSFU~1

I tried on 2 different cards (but they are the same size/manufacturer) with the same results. I'm going to order up some more cards for other purposes but I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues. I'm going to play around more and update the thread and see if the issue is with the number of games or something. First time running into this issue as I never used a roll up pack or had this many games on the card.

Please AVOID LIKE PLAGUE using names longer than 8 characters (FAT, FAT32 are DOS file systems and long filenames are not really a real part of the file system, but a hack called "VFAT") so if you do that, the real filenames will be abbreviated like that, using a tilde, a indexing number and the first six characters of the filename, which will then point to the correct long filename entry on the VFAT table.
Also, DOS DOES NOT SUPPORT LOWERCASE at all in file names so they are internally converted to uppercase.

You won't have problems if you name the revisions in a way such as "XVSJ", "XVSU", "XVSE", "XVSA", "XVSH" and "XVSB" for example and use the name text file inside the folder to make the multi display the full name for the title.

using the files right out of the roll up pack. No changes on my end.

the name is not complete on the LCD it says something along the lines of XvsSFU~1
out of curiosity open a command prompt in the root folder for the rollup pack and do a "dir /x" command, see if there are duplicate folders for XvsSFU

I'll give it a shot when I get home, never even thought to check that

I had this problem with my 8gb card the other week with the full pack. It wasn't just xvs though. It was every game after a certain point. I ended up using the US only pack and it worked fine. My other cards seemed to work fine.

yeah no dupes. I think I'll just delete the roms I'll never play. This too is an 8GB card.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 221
yeah just DL'ed the US pack and everything seems ok. Haven't tried ECO fighters yet though ;)

Did I screw something up in the last roll-up pack update?! If so, it's not going to be anything that I can fix on my own since I'm living 6,000 miles from my CPS2 kit. I've been waiting for weeks for any solid info on what's up with the all of the big reports.

Could an experienced user please send me a thorough report of what's broken in the full pack?

Did I screw something up in the last roll-up pack update?! If so, it's not going to be anything that I can fix on my own since I'm living 6,000 miles from my CPS2 kit. I've been waiting for weeks for any solid info on what's up with the all of the big reports.

Could an experienced user please send me a thorough report of what's broken in the full pack?
I'm pretty sure this issue isn't a pack issue but an SD card issue
Mitsu is correct. When I tested the non working games on the card by themselves they work fine, so it is certainly NOT a ROM issue. The only SD cards I have access to are 8GB and by the same manufacturer but I have another brand on the way. Its not really impactful to me since the "English" pack covers pretty much everything I want to play and its easy enough to just add in the sprinkling of Japanese roms into the mix. You do good work smoke!

I only started this thread to see if it was an anomaly or if others had the same issue.

I've found Kingston tends to work well for really picky stuff. after failing with Sony, PNY, San Disc and Transcend on my GDEMU and Rhea I've bought Kingston for just about everything and haven't had any problems yet.

Kingston, Sandisk (Sandisk uses Toshiba parts mostly on their stuff) or Toshiba flash cards and you can't go wrong.

Kingston, Sandisk (Sandisk uses Toshiba parts mostly on their stuff) or Toshiba flash cards and you can't go wrong.
I've never tried Toshiba but I've had mixed results with SandDisc.

Most models work great but some don't. I actually just bought a few SanDisc CF cards to use with G-NET and they wouldn't recognize :-/

I am talking SD cards. I have no idea what they use to build CFs. And one can't assume that because CFs of a certain brand don't work the SD cards won't as well because they're completely different technologies with completely different sets of design rules and standard.

Thats true, but I also had some non-working SanDisk SD cards when I was trying to get my Rhea/GD EMU working.

Im ordering Kingston, I was using PNY. Never had any issues with PNY in the past.

i have the same issue. Any ROM past the ST's on the full pack would give garbage read out on the LCD display and fail to boot. Ended up using the minimal pack.

I'm going to trouble shoot some more, but prolly just end up deleting unneeded games. I just got some more SD cards to see if in fact its bad memory.

Glad I'm not alone.

So what did the output of the "dir /x" command actually show?
Didnt run the command, just checked the Xmen directories for dupes. When mitsu posted what he did I just decided it wasnt worth the hassle of jap dupes I'd never play so I went with the english pack and a few dupe jap roms

Back