What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Namco System 246/256 Dongle Conversion:-----$50 shipped

If you send me a dongle for your System 246 or 256 I can convert it to a different game for you and provide a CD for that game. This process is completely reversible as a image of your dongle's NAND will be saved as part of the process. Note that some games have very specific hardware requirements for the game to boot. It is your job to make sure you have the proper hardware to run the game you want. You can see some of the hardware requirements here:

(click on "SHOW" right below "Maintained 246/256 Software List Source" to see full list)

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_System_246/256

Are you still offering this service, and do you have any dongles for sale? I am having a tough time finding them.

I am just learning about my Namco 256. Right now I have Tekken 5 up and running but I was hoping to also get Soul Calibur 3. On the Hardware list, it seems as though Tekken 5 has the same requirements as Soul Calibur except Soul Calibur does not use a IC Card. I am not sure what an IC Card is, I am still learning, but does this mean my hardware won't be able to run Soul Calibur?

Thank you for any help!

edit:

would a japanese dongle work the same as a US one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-Gundam-AE...46-256-Arcade-Game-Import-Japan-/262559006813

Attachments

• namco256.jpg
    namco256.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 617
I can still do the conversions. That chart just states that Tekken 5 can use a card to save data though it is not required. Soul Calibur 3 does not have a card save system.

ANY dongle can be converted. If there is a US version of the dongle image available it can be converted to that version.

in mame there's an archive that contain 2 files for tekken 5, one is te51verb.ic002 and the other te51verb_spr.ic002, so which is the image? whith which program i can open it in folders or not just winhex or similar?

Send me a PM. Don't want to clog up this thread with technical stuff since it's really just a offer for services thread.

What about dongles that "no longer work" would it be possible to revive them ?

Honestly a dongle that no longer works is usually just dirty as shit in my experience. I buy dead ones off ebay and clean them and every one has been ok. However, if the dongle does fail due to bad blocks then this would revive the dongle.

I want to send you a bunch of these, is there a good way to get a bunch of these dongles cheaply?

I used to see gundam dongles for $5 each but not in quite awhile. Just search ebay often. Nowadays $15 is a very cheap dongle.

Yes it is indeed possible. Just send me a donor dongle and pay the fee. :P

hello I would be interested to understand how to convert a dongle for system 246 namco for study which files to insert in the nand and which adapters and programmers to use thanks

hello I would be interested to understand how to convert a dongle for system 246 namco for study which files to insert in the nand and which adapters and programmers to use thanks
Just do as below, much faster & easier :) jk

But seriously, information on this hasn’t been made public yet, but it it will in do time.

Yes it is indeed possible. Just send me a donor dongle and pay the fee. :P

Last edited:
I just wanted to understand what programmer would be used and what kind of nand are thanks

They aren't sharing that just yet. Be patient please.

I want to know with which programmer you can write a nand for system 246 thanks

Just look at the nand chip and search. Most programmers that support it are expensive. My Topmax2 cant even do them. I use a different method.

Regardless, if you dont know how to patch the security (each dongle is different) then writing won't do any good.

Back