What's new
Try removing the wire from underneath.

For giggles I did try removing the wire and instead connecting the g pal 9 pin to j17 with an alligator clip. The sound was worse with it off. Changed when it was connected, but still what you hear in the video.

Thinking maybe I have a bad connection between the a and b boards now... anyone know which pins send audio?

You do have the pin 9 pulled out of the socket, right?

When I'm running directly to j17, yes, pin 9 is out of the socket and not touching anything else

You checked the jumpers for continuity, but did you check the ones that are not supposed to be connected for DIS-continuity?

Oh yeah. Those open jumpers are very severed, I dug into them with an exacto. Though at this point I might start swapping pairs just to see what happens.

You can always send the b-board to me for a second look.

Cool. I will try a couple more things but I'll certainly shoot you a PM to arrange that if I strike out. Troubleshooting is all part of learning this hobby so I don't want to give up just yet

Does yours sound the same as my videos? Or broken in a different way?

i got a same issue with my board too, i got the version 7 and pal f with connect pin 7 to J17, same issue of video as show as before, i wanna to know how to fix it too, thank you

Exact same sounds as in the video? Are your jp10 and jp12 traces cut? They might look open but there might be small wire connecting them. I wouldn't expect a rev7 board to have this issue exactly.

Exact same sounds as in the video? Are your jp10 and jp12 traces cut? They might look open but there might be small wire connecting them. I wouldn't expect a rev7 board to have this issue exactly.
Sorry for my mistake, it a rev 6 not 7
Yes,it is sound like that. i follow the video and pdf document to Short JP10 and JP12 and test it with shorted.
but the sound broken, does i need to change the jp 10 and jp 12 to be open?

Contrary to what people are saying on the guides, the jumpers actually have no effect on the CPS2 multi because they affect the behavior of a pin on the socket which is not used by the CPS2 multi...

As long you don't short BOTH JUMPERS on any of the pairs (one pair for each ROM socket) you should not have problems.

Wow, super super interesting @l_oliveira. I guess that means i could try switching jumpers one at a time in case one is bridged and i just suck at finding it.

I am also going to try burning the other 2 PALs. Maybe one of them is goofed up. The G pal verified since it's actually a GAL mitsu burned, but I can't read the PALs with the rom programmer I have.

gal is compatible with pal but won't read back the same with a programmer as it's a different chip.

Yep, that's what I saw... and my TOP3000 just wasn't compatible with CPS2's PAL chip type (PAL16L8BCN). I found some GALs online that were cheap and shipped fast so I figure it's worth a try just writing BSGB1 and BGSB2 in case they were the problem. It's got to be either jumpers or pals right?!

SOME PAL chips are FUSE based. Mean they're OTP.

AMD PALCE and GAL are electronically erasable. I believe MMI PAL16L8ACN chips are one time program (OTP).

Yep, the stock PALs are the OTP kind, but I couldn't even read the PALs to verify them. TOP3000 didn't have that chip in it's repertoire I guess. I bought some GAL16V8's to test replacing them. Maybe I get lucky.

But I'm going to try your jumper tip, too.. that's cool.

Yep, the stock PALs are the OTP kind, but I couldn't even read the PALs to verify them. TOP3000 didn't have that chip in it's repertoire I guess. I bought some GAL16V8's to test replacing them. Maybe I get lucky.

But I'm going to try your jumper tip, too.. that's cool.
look forward your result on jumper tip.

Back