What's new
@Braintrash would you do me a favor and post a photo of the controller wiring? i.e., the maaping to dsub15... i found none online and am still a bit confused... but i also got the 8 button version... so maybe i will remain confused ;)

@Braintrash would you do me a favor and post a photo of the controller wiring? i.e., the maaping to dsub15... i found none online and am still a bit confused... but i also got the 8 button version... so maybe i will remain confused ;)
I totally don't understand what you are asking for.
We don't have dsub15 on the Boardmaster (which I am gonna sell, BTW, change of plan).
But if you can explain more what you mean, I will try help as much as possible. :)

hej @Braintrash , sorry, my mistake. at first glance i thought that was a hss-0130 (sega saturn) pad hack... which is what i am trying to do. the soldering itself in my project should be fairly easy, i just don't know the correct wire mapping...

20140810.jpg

Soon to be modded. ^^
Any progress on this dude?

Wow, looking to seeing some pics on here once that Saturn Virtua stick is finished being transformed into a beautiful Supergun !!

Okay I have been waiting to show this thing to the forum. Hope you guy like. I know I love it and so do most of my friends. ITS BIG....don't laugh to hard but serious I know it is. lol

Here is my supergun or monsterGUN. It was originally just going to house the CPS3 for head-to-head as a ALL-in-one. However, one thing led to another which led to another. So yeah....

ATX PSU
Jrok 4.1 + Sync Cleaner
Ground Loop Isolator
Reused Fans from xbox and xbox360s

Outputs:
  • Composite RCA
  • S-video
  • 2x Component RCAs (This is used for head-to-head competition)
  • Stereo Audio RCA
  • RGB+S - BNC
  • Speaker Terminal (Mono sound from jamma)

Inputs:
  • 15 pin connects (1-2players)
  • Undamned (1-2 players)
  • USB 5v - Charging usb devices and light work light
  • RGB+S - BNC inputs for other home consoles that take SCART to BNC (n64, snes, sega genesis...etc)
    This is connected in the Jrok for bypass into the outputs of the BNCs

Sorry image insert its goofy. Here are some links to the images below

Inside View of supergun:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP1TRSmovOERXQzT9y6_Ku_1e73_nla2qhhGFbU

Backside View Outputs/ Input:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP_kURMr6Cije1CzmWIczIs19xPJUkwJ3vypwZe

Front Side View: It Now has Undamns right above the 15pin inputs (not shown in image)
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOre-bv7eGisw6fy84t4m_qTWf_TR20rNWw4uxA

Here are a few sticks I built too. Sorry about the lighting.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1.../AF1QipP7wDNdvcbk6HKfaAhKlSgozDMe9UrErTeM-dvr

ITS HUGE....I know. I get that all the time. But I truly wanted to protect the CPS3 for most anything so I put it inside with everything else, haha. I have built another on a much small scale for and I will upload that here soon.

I can't see the pics man, if your using Picasa (Google) for a image host try these settings...

Untitled.png

Copy the Embed image links.

Here is one of mine. And you can see the espgaludaII pcb I just got from micromort last week. I have a couple of more superguns (another jamma which is massive, and a jvs) - Ill post those pics later when Im near them.

Attachments

• IMG_0470 (1).JPG
    IMG_0470 (1).JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 457
I'll have to dig my "Project" out. It started off as a rusty "Junk treatment PANA Custom I picked up from YAJ for just 5200 YEN.

After a 60 day wait for it to arrive (Sea freight to the UK sucks) it turned out to be more of a shed than it looked in the auction - the video encoder board was missing, the PSU was blown and the rust was really bad.

So far I've taken it apart, stripped it back to bare metal, rust treated the shell and primed it to prevent any more rust before I get it put back together. Surprisingly all the buttons & sticks work fine with just two of the auto-fire switches needing replacement.

The plan is to repair the PSU (as it's an odd size) and install a GBS-8100 or GBS-8200 where the encoder PCB was so it'll do VGA out the back. I'll respray the case and if it still looks pants I'll fit a generic CPO over it before reassembling it.

I've got three PANA's a Boardmaster & a Sigma Rajin so have plenty of experience with these.

I finally finished it.

update: the colors look washed out though, like its too white~ish and the colors aren't deep enough. how do i improve?

Attachments

• WIN_20160728_160933.JPG
    WIN_20160728_160933.JPG
    946.7 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
Hot off the boat - Boardmaster V1 (has just one autofire switch instead of 6).

20160926_083508 (Large).jpg

Goes nicely with the others in the collection.

Sigma Rajin
DSC04410 (Large).JPG

NOS : Pana Custom
DSC04411 (Large).JPG

Pana Twin MP92 (Mahjong).
DSC04433 (Large).JPG

That's about 1500 USD worth of Japanese control boxes.

Last edited:
New toys for Xmas....

Vega 9000DX - needs a new PSU but otherwise a good clean and it'll be finished.
Got the exact same one recently, they are great, running it with a Sony PVM and looks awesome.

My PSU also failed soon after getting it. If I may offer some advice... You should replace the power lead with one that includes an earth wire while you're replacing the PSU, before the original PSU failed I got a couple of jolts off it!

Back