What's new
No offense to anyone here, but all of these front labels strike me as amateur looking (even though I like many of them). I think you should get a graphic designer involved and really nail it like you did with the CPS2 labels.

No offense to anyone here, but all of these front labels strike me as amateur looking (even though I like many of them). I think you should get a graphic designer involved and really nail it like you did with the CPS2 labels.
Agreed, we gotta get @Milspex, @sellsellsell2000, @Alex, anyone else of our resident expert graphics guys on this and see what they come up with.

index.php

For me this is ok but I don't agree with the made in japan....... better Made in Europe :)

If you can correct and send me an eps file we start to produce it

index.php

For me this is ok but I don't agree with the made in japan....... better Made in Europe :)

If you can correct and send me an eps file we start to produce it
Maybe one of the graphics guys here can do it, unfortunately I hacked that together from jpg image file.

I am planning on applying holographic overlay similar to this to my label :)

s-l1600.jpg

I'd prefer a simple design, and not something which could be deemed hyper-masculine or be conflated with another Neo-Geo game.

I will create the official Artwork for the Neo Geo carts, starting next week.
You will have some time to tell me what you all would like it to be...
I will take your thoughts and proposals into consideration.

Need some inspiration?
Check my deviant art gallery

http://arcade-tv.deviantart.com/gallery/
Just checked out the gallery. We're in very safe hands now :D

My thoughts are that each design should look like it belongs to that system (MVS/AES labels could be completely different from each other). And it should look highly refined and high-end. The cart shells will go a long way towards that.

I love the idea of holo being involved, even though my own holo label printing experiments didn't really work out. I also get that it would add an extra step/cost to the process, which isn't ideal. An overlay like @Derick2k uses could be a nice option.

I experimented with designs that take advantage of and maximize the holo effect, and the things that really worked were:
A banding white logo behind the main text
A light background color
A slight transparency to the serial numbering. This makes it looks like it was actually stamped on in 3D when you see it in person.

The design below shows what I'm trying to describe. It's NOT meant as an entry, since anyone with real experience could make something much better and more professional:
Darksoft Multi-MVS Label.png

When printed, you get effects like these:
_DSC0787_2.jpg

I'd prefer a simple design, with no serials in it (unless they are unique to each cart) and resembling original carts (for the MVS, at least). For the AES, something with DS logo in front and some "DarkSfot NG Multicart" text on top, would be fine. I am not particular fan of having every character of every game on the labels. If characters are a must, pick the most representative of the Neo (I'd say Haomaru, Marco and Kyo). Maybe add Rock Howard, that's it.

I like it, has a very classic look to it, awesome :thumbsup: . I would love to see the full-background insert when you make it.

Alex my Shell and snaplock for aes are the same of the originals
Ok, so if I understand correct you have a complete solution for AES.
What about MVS? How did you manage this - injection molding or other production technique?
Anyways, I think that's great and I'd love to see these please :) Do you have a picture?

I'm in Milano. I met Aldo yesterday and we are meeting today again. For MVS he has recycled sand blasted carts with the right opening for the microSD :)
this guy does things very professional. Each kit will have his shell, carton box, stickers and plastic casing.

For AES I got the snaplock and the cart and they look absolutely awesome.

Back