What's new
It is so!

I had a nice discussion with Aldo yesterday and we think it's a bad idea to offer the kit just as bare PCB. Not for NeoGeo with such a demanding community.

Pay $400 for 2 bare PCBs that can fall on the floor or get some damage is IMHO a bad idea. We will see if we offer it just as bare PCB, probably yes, but as a not recommended option and with a big disclaimer.

More pictures here:

Attachments

• 20170414_153724.jpg
    20170414_153724.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 363
  • 20170414_153709.jpg
    20170414_153709.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 351
I'm sorry if this is offtopic, but will the boards fit inside standard MVS/AES shells? it would be nice if they did, since I have a nice transparent MVS shell :)

I'm sorry if this is offtopic, but will the boards fit inside standard MVS/AES shells? it would be nice if they did, since I have a nice transparent MVS shell :)
You have to make an hole in your Shell

We are doing it for all of the MultiMvs that we will sell

why a hole? for the sd? but you do not really need to access to he SD card once all the images are copied to it, isnt it?

you still need to make the hole. The cartridge is designed so that the microsd slot will come out slightly for easy access.....so either way you need it.

I just mentioned in another thread that I think the label should have the menu hotkey printed on it. This would allow someone unfamiliar with it to find everything else they need to know even if it were set up to directly boot a particular game and the case/documentation was unavailable, as it would often be with the cart remaining inside a console long-term.

How about it? Just some small-print with the hotkeys to invoke the Multi's menu.
No offense to anyone here, but all of these front labels strike me as amateur looking (even though I like many of them). I think you should get a graphic designer involved and really nail it like you did with the CPS2 labels.
Exactly what I was thinking at that point. I laughed out loud at a couple of them even though I could honestly do no better. :) In particular, MVS all over the AES label and the other was clearly intended as a joke. A bit of constructive advice: If something doesn't fit in the area you want it to fit, squishing the aspect is NEVER the right call. Find something to fill the gap, enlarge it, crop an edge, extend a border, etc. Also, random tangentially related characters do not suit a multicart. What if someone isn't even a fan of that series? Then it's really out of place! I recall a Super Everdrive Universal Game Case insert I saw on Assembler Games where almost HALF of the games they showed didn't even work on the Everdrive (stuff like Star Fox, Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, Kirby's Dreamland 3, etc.

Did we ever get a final image for this or are you waiting for the selling point for the final reveal?

The mvs5 design is way better, but I would write it with a space in between ‘multi cart’ and with matching fonts to original carts ;)

I prefer the first and we think we will make it

the font of the first match the original MVS

if you now someone else tell me the name of the font

Aldo & Stefano

Back