What's new

ShootTheCore

Legendary
Reaction score
My CPS2 setup finally arrived in the mail today and I jumped right to work on installing the Multi. My B board is a Revision 4 with the F PAL, but I had no problem resetting the jumpers, lifting Pin 7 of the PAL, and running a jumper wire up to J17 on the Multi board. I added the auto-reset wire as well.

Everything was looking good, but when I inserted the MicroSD card for the first time, I heard a little spring pop and the MicroSD refuses to lock into place. Needless to say, there was a lot of cursing on my part! I'm using a piece of electrical tape to hold it in for now, and happily the Multi is working great - I played 4 games over two hours with no issues.

Obviously, I don't want a piece of electrical tape to be the long term solution. What are my options? It seems excessive to return an entire functional Multi board just because of the MicroSD clip. Would it void my warranty if I very carefully desoldered the existing MicroSD clip and dropped in a replacement?

My CPS2 setup finally arrived in the mail today and I jumped right to work on installing the Multi. My B board is a Revision 4 with the F PAL, but I had no problem resetting the jumpers, lifting Pin 7 of the PAL, and running a jumper wire up to J17 on the Multi board. I added the auto-reset wire as well.

Everything was looking good, but when I inserted the MicroSD card for the first time, I heard a little spring pop and the MicroSD refuses to lock into place. Needless to say, there was a lot of cursing on my part! I'm using a piece of electrical tape to hold it in for now, and happily the Multi is working great - I played 4 games over two hours with no issues.

Obviously, I don't want a piece of electrical tape to be the long term solution. What are my options? It seems excessive to return an entire functional Multi board just because of the MicroSD clip. Would it void my warranty if I very carefully desoldered the existing MicroSD clip and dropped in a replacement?
Please update your profile with your location. If you know what you are doing it wont void your warranty. It's not that complicated to change but you need to be careful. If you feel you can't do it, then depending on your location either @Mitsurugi-w or myself can help.

You have to have a hot air rework station and solder paste to replace it. I have one spare MicroSD card slot in stock right now.

Profile updated with my location. I'm in the US, so Mitsurugi-w is definitely closer. I do have a Hakko desoldering gun for through-hole work, but I do not have a hot air rework station. I assume I'll be boxing up the main board and sending it to Mitsurugi-w?

Yeah send me a PM and I will give you the address.

Public shout-out to Misturugi for quickly repairing and returning my CPS2 Multi kit. I got the kit back last night, and everything works 100% - including the Micro SD card lock in clip.

I appreciate the excellent support and quick turnaround - definitely setting a high standard that other businesses should strive to meet.

Back