What's new

freddiefiasco

Professional
Reaction score
I was trying to find the post on what compatible RAM is used on the NAOMI2 but cannot find it. I'll gladly delete this post if this is a redundant question:

I have a NAOMI2 with 256MB. The RAM stick I have in there does not have any identifying marks for me to tell what make and model this stick is.

1. If I add a second stick, does it have to match make/model to work?
2. Is there any documentation somewhere online that provides the official specs SEGA uses for this RAM setup?

Hello!

I guess you mean the amount of memory in your DIMM board, which is an add-on peripheral that is added on top of the naomi instead of the regular carts.

It should be as simple as adding an extra SIMM, so compatible as possible with the one you have. In the worst case, but 2x256 identical and you should be good.

The first thing I would do is enter into the test menu and see for real how much memory and which firmware version you have.

Hello!

I guess you mean the amount of memory in your DIMM board, which is an add-on peripheral that is added on top of the naomi instead of the regular carts.

It should be as simple as adding an extra SIMM, so compatible as possible with the one you have. In the worst case, but 2x256 identical and you should be good.

The first thing I would do is enter into the test menu and see for real how much memory and which firmware version you have.
Sorry I should have clarified.
Yes, I do mean the add on RAM on the DIMM board.

Version 4.02

Which Test Menu would have the memory amount?

DIMM0:
DIMM0.jpg

DIMM1: N/A

Planning to add this:
DIMM1.jpg

Last edited:
Just press service / test button to call the menu where you can see the version of firmware that you have on the DIMM and do a DIMM TEST.

Got it.

DIMM0_1.jpg

I thought the DIMM test menu showed amount of RAM.

Thanks for the tip!

You got already the 2 slots occupied.... My guess is that you have a 512MB.

No sorry. This is a screenshot AFTER adding the new RAM.

Before that, it was only DIMM SLOT 0 showing 'GOOD'

DIMM SLOT 1 showed empty.

Back