What's new

strdr

Student
Reaction score
The CPS2 Multi is an awesome piece of kit, I liked to keep it in a closed case...but updating the SD card with new roms, fixes etc... is a pain as I have to open up everything etc...

I had a SD to Micro SD extender and thought this could help me solve my issue - well it has :)

The vacant coin meter window is literally the perfect size for an SD card and so I mounted the extension cable here - with plenty of hot glue!

Now card management is a lot easier. I should note that is wasn't working correctly with on Class 6 SD I had spare - well it did work but didn't switch to "all done" when complete or update the "now playing" etc.., I switched to a Class 10 it worked perfectly .

Thought I would share in case others find this useful too ;)

IMG_7570.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7586.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7574.JPG
    IMG_7574.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_7585.JPG
    IMG_7585.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 708
Very clever. I like it, mind if I ask where did you get the SD card extension?

Regards.

Your SD card extender is definitely nicer than the one I found, I like the "case" at the end of it.

I just ordered that adapter from eBay as well.

It's impressive that Capcom had the foresight to include a dummy SD card slot for us ;)

Will order one when I get my multigame CPS2 kit. Thanks for the info.

I installed the extension while setting up my kit last night. It's a really useful addition, and it really does fit like a glove in the slot. I like that the SDHC side clicks securely, and that the Micro side clicks into the kit's slot like a real card.

I bought mine from this eBay seller for $5.50 and it only took a week to arrive. It's the same one that strdr used, and I also removed the reader's plastic shell.

20150903_155613.jpg

Thanks Guys!
I already installed one, and it´s just Gourgeous!

Just ordered mine on Ebay from the link copycat #1 provided. Thanks

Finally got around to doing this. Thanks for the tip!

I bent and snapped the little plastic notch back then used some Loctite Epoxy to hold it in place. When it dried I put some Epoxy on the underside of the adapter and mounted it, then when that dried, I filled the spaces to the sides for that extra strength.

Opted for the micro-to-micro SD cable which tucks away nicely, but requires a finger nail to remove the card.

sd-1.JPG

sd-2.JPG

Last edited:
mine look exactly the same :)

edit: as for your fingernail - my first was the same. the second i did, i filed on a 45 degree angle at the front-top and front bottom of the sd reader input side, so it stuck out of the cps2 shell a little more, just enough to do with a finger-end but not enough for the card to protrude dangerously. not necessary but helped for easy insertion/ejecting

That looks nice man.

I have everything to do it myself but haven't gotten around to it. That and I've never had a need to access the SD card so lost motivation to get off my arse and do it.

Back