What's new

OldSchoolNeo

Student
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just had my New Net City delivered today and I'm super stoked. However, I feel like I'm totally out of my league in trying to set things up.

I'm trying to run my Taito Type X2 setup, which I've never used before, in this cabinet but I'm not really sure how to hook things up. Does anyone here on the board have a similar setup? I really only see the in NNC the white USB cable which I plugged into the Jamma port on the X2, the Red/White audio plugs and the Monitor connector. When I plug in the X2 and power up the cab, all it says on screen is No Signal.

I've hooked up a CSP2 board along with a River Service I/O and I get picture and sound but nothing on the CP works (that's a different story). Point is - I know the cab works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Maybe the type x2 system is setup to output 720p.. Try setting up the jumpers to 31khz.. Google is your friend for deep switch on Taito type x2..

Well, it would help if I looked more diligently through the packing peanuts and found the VGA adapter. So, I have picture and controls but no sound.

The sound on the TX2 is output through the green speaker jack on the motherboard. You will need a RCA to headphone jack (3.5mm I think?) adapter. Most of the newer PC based systems either output RCA or through the green speaker jack. In the case of the Lindbergh, games can use either or depending on the title. Once you have the adapter you can get sound out of most of the newer pcb sets.

Excellent, thanks for the tips.

The last piece of the puzzle appears to be trying to run certain X2 games on the multi cart. KOF 98 Ultimate comes up fine, but when it tries to load SFIV, it never loads and basically just says "No Signal".

I'm assuming this is a Dip Switch issue perhaps? I did not get any documentation with the X2 or the Multigame SSD.

If so, does that mean certain games have certain Dip Settings?

Lastly, is there a way to reset back to the game select menu without powering off the unit?

Thanks!

Check if Dip #2 is set to OFF for 480p display, reset can be done via a power cycle, or the small button next to the JVS (USB style) plug.

Back