What's new

OldSchoolNeo

Student
Reaction score
So my Naomi New Net City cabinet arrived today and I'm trying to get my Darksoft CPS2 and CPS3 setups running in it.

I have the Riverservice I/O board that lets me run Jamma games in the JVS cabinet and the games boot up with sound and video. However, the CP doesn't work at all. No joysticks, no buttons, nothing.

Question - for those of you with similar JVS cab setups, what have you used to handle the CP? I would have at least thought all but button 6 would work, but nothing is.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Controls worked for me, but the Riverservice board was very very laggy.
I don't believe we have a good lag free method in changing JVS into JAMMA.

That being said we do have lots of nice options in changing JAMMA into JVS.
So... If it was me... I would rewire the Net City to have JAMMA controls, then use something like a Capcom IO to change that back into JVS for boards that required it.

Hmm, you may be onto something there as I own a Capcom I/O board. Just change the whole thing over to Jamma and use the Capcom I/O adapter for the JVS stuff. You would think it would be easier to run Jamma on JVS.

I guess the issue there would be I believe I would need a power supply for the IO and where can I buy a Jamma Wiring harness.

Sucks that I dropped $250 on this River Service unit that doesn't appear to work control wise though. Oh well, live and learn.

the Namco & konami jvs - jamma adapter is much better but still a bit laggy with some compatibility issues.

A better option is to make a hardwired adapter and run it down the left leg for the controls and coin mech. And take the power from the sun psu to a jamma edge connector.

Yea I was told the Namco adapter was the cream of the crop, Riverservice being bottom of the barrel. ;)
Unfortunately the price of the only unit I could find on eBay prevented me from testing it first hand.

I have a Cyber Lead with the Namco adapter and it's pretty good, there's no noticeable lag but you do get the occasional dropped input and when it does drop out it takes a second or so to come back, you only ever notice it on fast fighting games and it's uncommon

I also have a Cyberlead with the adapter and it works very good, some compatibility issues with the Taito Type X2 (1 coin drops counts as infinite coin drops and makes the counter go crazy...)
In my NNC I use one of the later revisions of the Riverservice and I don't notice any lag and I'm quite happy with it.

But I want to wire my NNC with a Jamma loom to avoid adapters as much as possible.
I will not replace the JVS part, but piggyback on it, so I will have both Jamma and JVS plug&play, similar to the harnesses FrancoB used to make.

I just rewired my Net City the other week ago. I ran all new jamma and kick harness. I just gotta build the 001 Loom for the control panel, i believe, I just got the parts to build it the other day. Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from RIPPED OUT ALL OF THE WIRES other than RGB+S to play pc games on it BOOOOOO! Soooo your boy here(me) had to rewire the whole damn thing. Nice experience but it had to be done. BTW I plan to use my Capcom IO board with my NAOMI 1 setup to get jamma fully up and running. This new rewiring would also give me some flexible options to just put any other standard jamma board in the cabinet (CPS2,3 or even my buddies MVS). I like them fighty games.

I would just recommend a rewire and find a capcom io board. BOOOOM NetCity goodness.

I also have a Cyberlead with the adapter and it works very good, some compatibility issues with the Taito Type X2 (1 coin drops counts as infinite coin drops and makes the counter go crazy...)
In my NNC I use one of the later revisions of the Riverservice and I don't notice any lag and I'm quite happy with it.

But I want to wire my NNC with a Jamma loom to avoid adapters as much as possible.
I will not replace the JVS part, but piggyback on it, so I will have both Jamma and JVS plug&play, similar to the harnesses FrancoB used to make.
Did you change your monitor over to LCD or does the Taito X2 support 31k and you changed to a tri res CRT?

Did you change your monitor over to LCD or does the Taito X2 support 31k and you changed to a tri res CRT?
at some point I had a tri-sync chassis in my Cyberlead, but since I got a NNC, I switched back to the MS9

But I also tested the Namco JVS/Jamma in my NNC and this also had some minor incompatabilities with the TTX2

So... If it was me... I would rewire the Net City to have JAMMA controls, then use something like a Capcom IO to change that back into JVS for boards that required it.
This ^ Sega makes an official JAMMA conversion harness and that's going to be way better than some laggy I/O converter device.

Capcom I/O is overkill though, you can get away with the much cheaper Sega JVS to JAMMA I/O since you'll still have the proper JVS PSU and stereo amp available in the Net City.

This ^ Sega makes an official JAMMA conversion harness and that's going to be way better than some laggy I/O converter device.
Capcom I/O is overkill though, you can get away with the much cheaper Sega JVS to JAMMA I/O since you'll still have the proper JVS PSU and stereo amp available in the Net City.
Listen to these guys, this would be the way to go on that cab for what you want to do.

Well, I was able to source both a Namco I/O board and a Jamma Harness for a New Net City from River Service. So, I'm covered either way. I went ahead and picked both up as I may end picking up another JVS style CRT cab. Thanks for all the advice and information!

Sega makes an official JAMMA conversion harness and that's going to be way better than some laggy I/O converter device.
For what cab? Net City? Pretty sure there's no such thing.
I've honestly never looked too closely into this, but I've seen them for sale on YAJ in the past. Next time I see one pop up I'll see if I can get a part number.

I do know that videotronics used to make a 3rd party harness for this too but it appears to no longer be for sale on their site: http://videotronicsuk.com/media/cat...c09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/d/s/dsc01744.jpg

Sega makes an official JAMMA conversion harness and that's going to be way better than some laggy I/O converter device.
I've honestly never looked too closely into this, but I've seen them for sale on YAJ in the past. Next time I see one pop up I'll see if I can get a part number.
I do know that videotronics used to make a 3rd party harness for this too but it appears to no longer be for sale on their site: http://videotronicsuk.com/media/cat...c09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/d/s/dsc01744.jpg
I am pretty sure there was an official jamma harness for the nnc. But in any case, go with videotronics like T says, they have a ton of parts for nnc cabs also. If not, I am sure @Lemony Vengeance can whip one up for you, or you can try making your own.

That looks like the River Service Unit:

http://rs2006.co.jp/j/arcade/jamma_harness/index.html

I've honestly never looked too closely into this, but I've seen them for sale on YAJ in the past. Next time I see one pop up I'll see if I can get a part number.I do know that videotronics used to make a 3rd party harness for this too but it appears to no longer be for sale on their site: http://videotronicsuk.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/d/s/dsc01744.jpg
I am pretty sure there was an official jamma harness for the nnc. But in any case, go with videotronics like T says, they have a ton of parts for nnc cabs also. If not, I am sure @[u]@Lemony Vengeance[/u] can whip one up for you, or you can try making your own.
a friend of mine is sending me a francoB NNC jamma loom for reproduction. There will be stock in the nation again!

Back