What's new
Well this is overdue! :)

In order to make my 360 work within the blast city, for the sole purpose of playing SaiDaiOujou, I bought

- brook ultimate board ~ 80$
- Rock Candy pad ~ 23$
- 12 pin amp connectors ~ 1.54$
- pins for above connectors ~ 0.12$ ( so ... this and that oh and this too! and shipping = 50$ digikey order ;) ... )
- xbox 360 to VGA + RCA cable ~ 15$

The goal was to make this thing non invasive to the blast and no modification to it either and be portable to perhaps the Switch and / or a PC.

I am happy to say it's a success and the game is GREAT.

pictures to show:

- the really nice and easy hack to the rock candy pad
IMG_5406.JPG
- wiring to the 12 pin amp connectors
IMG_5407.JPG
- the brook which is also wired to a 12 pin amp connectors
IMG_5408.JPG
- the VGA to the screen
IMG_5411.JPG
- The RCA to the jamma loom connector which is then feed to the power supply sound amp
IMG_5412.JPG
- The (temporary!) way in for the connectors. so basically I unplug from the cab and plug these in and I'm ready to go.
IMG_5410.JPG
- SaiDaiOuJou!
IMG_5384.JPG

oh ... and of course, I now bough mortal kombat and SF IV so I will now add another connector for the kick harness and be able to move these between my 2 Blasts :) thus why I bought the overkill brook ultimate board... I might build a portable fight stick to play on the switch with poken tournament comes out ;)

...and espgaluda 2...and Mushihime-Sama Futari ...and Deathsmiles 2 but it's region lock so ... not sure I want hack it more so might be willing to trade it for something else. (tate please)

Hoping this helps somebody, ask away if you have questions!

Phil

Just as an FYI to anyone considering this route and wanting to go a bit cheaper than a Brook... One could purchase the $35 MC-Cthulu and dual-mod it with a RockCandy 360 pad (or my preferred 360 SF Fightpad) and have the same result here. A few years ago, this is the avenue I went when I decided that my old MAS SuperPro needed an upgrade (MC-Cthulu tri-modded with a 360 SF Fightpad, a Chimp, and a PiiWii, with native ability to be used with roughly 20 consoles from Atari 2600->PS3/360/Wii)

Nice work, btw. I'm a fan of removable mods as well.

Out of curiosity, why padhack if you have the UFB? Just lack of enough buttons on the CP?

Out of curiosity, why padhack if you have the UFB? Just lack of enough buttons on the CP?
2 players :D

I bought the UFB to build a fightstick ... and then thought "hmmm ... I could do this NOW and play SDOJ!"

the other blast has 6 buttons ;) ... so to be continued!

I am following your steps:) for the HD Xbox 360 CAVE games and fighting games on the Xbox and the Blastcity:)

Back