What's new

gamemaster14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Sega Lindbergh Yellow system, that came with a multikit installed. I have ordered the original CF card from a user on another forum so I can install my original Virtua Fighter 5 disc and key that I had bought a while ago.

I have several 40gb and 80gb eide hard drives laying around.

So my question(s) for everyone here is(are):

What must be done to the hard drive in order for it to work with the Lindbergh Yellow system?

Does it need to be a specific model or size? Should it be in Master, Slave or Cable Select?

Should it be formatted in some way or will installing the game do that?

I have a Sega Lindbergh Yellow system, that came with a multikit installed. I have ordered the original CF card from a user on another forum so I can install my original Virtua Fighter 5 disc and key that I had bought a while ago.

I have several 40gb and 80gb eide hard drives laying around.

So my question(s) for everyone here is(are):

What must be done to the hard drive in order for it to work with the Lindbergh Yellow system?

Does it need to be a specific model or size? Should it be in Master, Slave or Cable Select?

Should it be formatted in some way or will installing the game do that?
Do you have any 41.1 GB IBM Deskstars lying around?

A majority of stock Lindbergh Yellows seem to come with these. Also, if it is 40.0, sometimes these do not install properly.

The HD should be set to slave as the CF card is Master on the same IDE cable.

The game install process formats the hard drive for you.

Ok, that's great to know, The format of the drive was what I was most unsure of, I figured the install would setup the drive but some systems expect a certain format. Once I get the card I will post more on my progress.

If the system rejects the hdd, ide hard drives are usually pretty cheap at this point so I am sure I could track the drive down that the system wants if it does not like any of the ones I have.

Back