What's new
My next step is to write a bunch of BAT files, connect each of them to my Hyperspin cabinet's Naomi system, so it automatically net boots the proper game on the MvsC2 machine.

In other words:
Open Hyperspin --> select Sega Naomi system --> select game --> BAT file runs --> flash NetDIMM on MvsC2 cab --> play game on MvsC2 cab.

However, I still need to figure out what games will and won't run on my Naomi system. :)

This is an interesting concept - is there a way for the Raspberry Pi to run in attract mode and have it setup for offer the Naomi front end and wheel to select the game and then net boot the actual Naomi board to run the games? I think this is basically what you are describing above, but not sure if you are meaning a PC or the Pi itself that is already required to do the net booting. This would be a nice addition to the Naomi net booting process to actually have a frontend to select the games versus the LCD display. Curious if anyone has really looking into this option of using HyperPi to net boot actual games on the Naomi hardware versus emulation.

The closest thing I'm aware of is the touch screen that has been made to boot the NAOMI stuff on the Pi, I think they use an Adafruit screen

This is an interesting concept - is there a way for the Raspberry Pi to run in attract mode and have it setup for offer the Naomi front end and wheel to select the game and then net boot the actual Naomi board to run the games? I think this is basically what you are describing above, but not sure if you are meaning a PC or the Pi itself that is already required to do the net booting. This would be a nice addition to the Naomi net booting process to actually have a frontend to select the games versus the LCD display. Curious if anyone has really looking into this option of using HyperPi to net boot actual games on the Naomi hardware versus emulation.
I haven't looked in to using a raspberry Pi. I'm not aware of any graphic front-end for it I'm just using a Windows 10 PC with Hyperspin installed.
Here's the BAT file command line I'm using:
Code:
start cmd.exe /c transfergame.exe 192.168.1.5 DeadOrAlive2Millenium.bin
I developed this idea for using a PC with BAT files and the Hyperspin front-end from this YouTube video:

Last edited:
Is there a roms.CSV file for this set? Not all games are showing

If you mean they're not showing up on a raspberry pi LCD, you should just make sure the games are named the same in the pyforcetools.py list. I recall a few that were differently named or had alternate Caps.

Full guide is here, relevant section is 2nd post under the section "Modifying Pi-Force Tools Game Names..." : How to Net-boot NAOMI/Tri-Force/Chihiro Using Pi-Force Tools

If you mean they're not showing up on a raspberry pi LCD, you should just make sure the games are named the same in the pyforcetools.py list. I recall a few that were differently named or had alternate Caps.
Full guide is here, relevant section is 2nd post under the section "Modifying Pi-Force Tools Game Names..." : How to Net-boot NAOMI/Tri-Force/Chihiro Using Pi-Force Tools
Im using webtools It has a ROM.CSV file with the game list. I added a game to the list with a PC and it works. It does not work using phone to edit the list for some reason. Anyway I was checking if anyone went through and fixed the list for this set before I go through it.

Just an update that may help someone. I netboot my Net DIMM from my Hyperspin machine that sits next to my MvsC2 cab. I wanted a quick way to take all the roms that were linked in this thread and make BAT files out of them as I described in post 44 above. However, I didn't want to do it 1 by 1 so I found a script that worked wonders and will hopefully help others. I can move this post elsewhere if you think it would be better served or more appropriate.

I first used a CMD window to output a DIR.TXT file that has a listing of all the BIN files. I did this command from within my c:\temp directory.
Code:
dir *.bin /b /a-d > dir.txt
Then, IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTORY than your original BIN ROMs, using the DIR.TXT file just created, I was able to create all the files I needed to begin the BAT file process.

**********CAUTION**********
IF YOU DO THIS IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AS YOUR NAOMI ROMS (BIN) YOU WILL OVERWRITE THEM.
I moved the DIR.TXT to c:\TEMP2 and left my BIN ROMs in c:\TEMP
**********CAUTION**********

Since the directory we listed had all the BIN files, the DIR.TXT file will have a list of all the BIN filenames.
It will look something like:

18_Wheeler_DX.bin
18_Wheeler_STD.bin
AirlinePilots.bin
Akatsuki_Bk_Ausf_Achse.bin
AlienFront.bin
etc...

NOTE:
The code below does not like spaces in the filenames so, before creating files, I replaced all the spaces in the DIR.TXT file with a tilde (~). You can remove the spaces from the original BIN filenames in the first place, which is much easier, or do it my way.

Then, in a different folder (I used c:\temp2), I ran the following script:
Code:
for /f %i in (dir.txt) do echo. > %i start cmd.exe /c transfergame.exe 192.168.1.5 %i
You'll most likely need to change the IP address to whatever you use but that is what I use for my Net DIMM.

You end up with a directory full of BIN files that each contain a 1 line command that references its filename
For example DeadOrAlive2Millenium.bin that I just created now has the text within: start cmd.exe /c transfergame.exe 192.168.1.5 DeadOrAlive2Millenium.bin

Then, just rename all BIN files to BAT files:
Code:
ren *.bin *.bat
I also use a FREE program called File Renamer Basic to rename all the BIN file extensions to BAT.

Then, move all the new BAT files back to directory with all the Naomi BINs and boom... I have all 211 BAT files ready to flash the Net DIMM with the original BIN files.

The one bump in the process was changing the ~ (tildes) back to spaces. File Renamer easily did this for me but I had to edit about 10 files on the inside that contained tildes. I used Window Grep to make quick work of that. Again, it would have been easier to just take the spaces out of the original BIN filenames in first place.

Let me know if this helps or if anyone needs more clarification.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm also an OSX user, probably in the minority here! I use this program for my netbooting:
netboot_upload_tool_OSX_HighSierra.bin.zip

I've described how to compile it on Apple OSX High Sierra here:
First time Naomi Owner, coming from 1979 Gottlieb Pinball repair

The code is from here: https://github.com/JustJanek/naomi_netboot_upload

$ ./netboot_upload_tool
Usage: ./netboot_upload_tool <ip> <game file>
E.g.: ./netboot_upload_tool 192.168.0.120 TetrisKiwamemichi_v6.bin

Thanks again for the archival services!

Thanks for this, jumping on so I have all of these in the future.

Did you guys ever conclude this is everything?

Is everything currently available - other prototypes may appear or other games that are not currently netbootable may change in the future

Thanks so much for these, I'm just starting out netbooting and these are pure gold, thanks for taking the time to upload.

Is everything currently available - other prototypes may appear or other games that are not currently netbootable may change in the future
Here is an example... Ringout is not included because most folks won't have two IO boards, and no one really documented how to setup the IO board for said game. As such it is marked as requiring special hardware, and gets left out in the cold.

With a little initiative, you may find other games work just fine, they just need a little TLC.
Notes on how I got Ringout working on my driving cab.

Just wanted to say thank you theses files :thumbsup: - I was really struggling with trying how to convert a Mameset into .bin files

Just wanted to say thank you theses files :thumbsup: - I was really struggling with trying how to convert a Mameset into .bin files
What were you getting hung up on?
Converting is pretty trivial. On Mac I do the following as mentioned in the above post:

"Concatenate the mame image into a netboot image by combining the *.ic* files in the proper fashion
$ pwd
/Downloads/ringout
$ ls
mpr-21770.ic2 mpr-21773.ic5 mpr-21776.ic8 ringout-key.bin
epr-21779.ic22 mpr-21771.ic3 mpr-21774.ic6 mpr-21777.ic9
mpr-21769.ic1 mpr-21772.ic4 mpr-21775.ic7 mpr-21778.ic10
$ cat epr-21779.ic22 > game.bin
$ dd if=/dev/zero bs=1 count=$((0x400000)) >> RingOut.bin
$ cat mpr-217* >> RingOut.bin"

@werejag explains the same process for windows here with Virtua On:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ge-mame-dump&p=3795930&viewfull=1#post3795930

"copy 22 then copy the other 1 -13s together.

copy/b epr-23198.ic22+mpr-23185.ic1mpr-23186.ic2+mpr-23187.ic3+mpr-23188.ic4+mpr-23189.ic5+mpr-23190.ic6+mpr-23191.ic7+mpr-23192.ic8+mpr-23193.ic9+mpr-23194.ic10+mpr-23195.ic11+mpr-23196.ic12s+mpr-23197.ic13s Virtua_On.bin

Virtua_On.bin will be the netbootable file"

From here some games may need region fixes or other patching FWIW.

To be honest it was getting the concise information on how to do it in Windows. I found this post and then the Mega DL Link and just went from there - I did not actually see your posts until just now :whistling:

All the best

StalkS

Back