What's new

ArcadeTV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the multi, everything works really really great.
When I played HyperSF2 USA-Version (played with Ken) the screen went black all of a sudden in the middle of a fight. It was not just the video-signal, the sound and everything else was also gone. I rebooted and the game came up again, the problem remained when I entered the same fight, Ken vs Fei Long.

There are 2 Verions on the card, U and A. The A Version runs without problems.
I have the recommended 4GB-Samsung MicroSD-Card.

nobody else with this issue?
then I guess I'm going to change my microSD...

nobody else with this issue?
then I guess I'm going to change my microSD...
mmmm can't try at the moment, but I'm sure someone here can confirm. In any case looks to me like some small bug still left from the conversion.

Hi Alex, Im going to PM you to get some details in the mean time whilst others check it out.

This has been mentioned several times on different forums. There is a bug in the US version of AE.

I didn't know that..

I ran Rockman 1 yesterday, I opened the Service Menu and entered Settings 設定 and then Game Settings ゲーム..
Ran into another blackscreen from there.
Beside this the game ran flawless.

is the sf bug from the conversion process or does even the original game lock up? Is there a potential fix?

it is a bug in the conversion. They will fix it once they have time. Asia version works fine.

i was just about to post an inquiry about this. both times i picked Ken and did a jab uppercut my screen turned green.... ...do we have a list of all the games from the "team avalaunch" download batch that have bugs? and i think i need to make a "test" button for my cab...

Found another way to reproduce the Black Screen Bug. Was playing two player to get to the final boss, and after Akuma kicked the living shit out of me I changed my 1P character to World Warrior version of Ryu. When I beat M. Bison, after the first two notes of Ryu's ending played, the screen turned black and it was re-boot time.

Hopefully this won't be forgotten. Hate coming across bugs like that and having to remember not to play certain games.

Jdurg and Fruityloops, can you guys please upload the game somewhere and allow me to have a look at it?

I would like to trace back the source or check if it's actually bugged or not.

Last edited:
If by upload the game files, then yeah, I uploaded my hsf2 game folder here in a .zip file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00556347481751232817
Your ROM *HAS* decryption errors in it. Four errors, to be exact. All in program instructions.
For this particular game the crash behavior is blank the screen and then reboot.
Okay. I'll get a chance to try out the ones that Darksoft posted in another thread later on this week/weekend maybe. Just waiting for the LCD Extension cable to arrive before plopping my CPS2 system in my cab again. Thanks for all the hard work!

just being informative, the SHA-1 for the BAD ROM 02 file is EC1DF004E63F808FEEB22A74EF79292BAF645EAC

The SHA-1 for the good ROM 02 file is 9A4DEE4C2D78D538C7926B6C8FBC6A35BD51C41F

And I can now verify that the black screen bug at the game's end, or when pressing certain button combinations as Ken is corrected.

Still doesn't change the fact that the AI is cheap as all fuck in this game. Haha.

And I can now verify that the black screen bug at the game's end, or when pressing certain button combinations as Ken is corrected.

Still doesn't change the fact that the AI is cheap as all fuck in this game. Haha.
I have a reply for that:

Working as intended.

I have a reply for that:
Working as intended.
Hahaha. Indeed. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Back