What's new

Otheym

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello- I recently picked up an 'as-is, untested' B board for cheap. Plugged it in and find out it is an SF Alpha 3 Phoenix edition. The game plays perfect as far as controls go. However the wrong sounds play constantly as well as a weird 'beep' kind of noise.

I thought this might be a jumper issue but I checked and they seem correct. At least I think they seem correct, I was unable to find much info on jumpers for Phoenix boards and this is the first one I have ever seen personally. Based on what info I did find they seemed correct.

The board passes all self checks. Wondering what I should check next. As I said before, gameplay is flawless.

Thanks.

Jumpers are only different between different games, they are the same whether the board is phoenixed or not...

I could have the incorrect PAL installed also or worst case broken traces on the pcb.

Could also have the sound ROMs from a different game installed. Unfortunately without a ROM programmer you can't really test for that, for now though let us know which PAL is installed on it

It is PAL G and a REV 3 board, the jumper wire on the solder side going from the PAL to to CN5 is there.

The PCB itself looks to be in great shape, nice and clean, no obvious damage.

Also I should be more specific, the sounds seem correct but playing at the wrong time. It likes playing Cammy's attack sounds a lot and I can hear other Alpha 3 sounds, just all in a jumble as well as a beeping kind of noise.

Thanks.

Got this board fixed.
On PAL3 I disconnected the jumper from the solder side, lifted pin 9 and connected the jumper to it. Confirmed I had a good connection to C13 on CN3 and it worked. All sounds are perfect.

Back