What's new
i also forgot to mention im purchasing a jasens customs plexi cut out for my cps3 and im trying to make it look as clean as possible

currently using windows 10 and i have my Micro SD card prepped for use... but on the scsi utility it doesn't show up ,any help would be awesome

i totally forgot to install the firmware onto the scsi2sd adapter... totally my fault...

my only issue atm is when playing sf3 2nd impact the game goes blue after region selecting

Did you load the correct ISO to the sd card?

I believe so I own the standard SH2 + superbios for cps3... i wasn't aware there'd be a different one (please note i bought this kit from jasens customs)

There is an ISO for custom SH-2 and Standard SH-2. Loading the wrong one will cause the game to crash after region select.

I just got a scsi2sd v5 from itead, thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Until I did a firmware update the board would only read configs out, not accept a new config. If you get an error writing/saving a new config to your board, install the latest firmware and try again. Mine came with 4.4 and I updated it to 4.6.

So this was working great for me until I tried to play warzard and got the missing CD drive message. I went back into the utility to double check the settings and after I re-saved everything, the board isn't recognized by my PC. I keep hearing that maybe updating the firmware will work, but the board won't show up at all.

So this was working great for me until I tried to play warzard and got the missing CD drive message. I went back into the utility to double check the settings and after I re-saved everything, the board isn't recognized by my PC. I keep hearing that maybe updating the firmware will work, but the board won't show up at all.
So Inertial Computing sent me one and at one point he was going to create a video and show me how to factory reset it because I had the same problem with the board he shipped me. But instead he just shipped me a new board. If you bought yours from him, perhaps you can ask to create a video to show you how it is done and post that info here for everyone.

I'm trying to download the Mac software from here http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd/latest/mac/ , but when I open anything it just comes up as a text file with a bunch of junk. Anyone know why this is or the best place to get the software to format this bad boy?
That file is the actual binary executable. Do one of these:
sudo chmod a+x scsi2sd-util
Then execute:
./scsi2sd-util
You should now see a user interface

Or do I even need it? It says firmware 4.6 on the bottom of the utility screen.

Anybody else have issues where DD just quits after you hit "restore" and select the ISO? I've tried it a crap ton of times now.

I used the command line tool on Mac initially. It seemed to work, but when I hooked it up to a Windows PC, one of the settings that I'm pretty I had set via the Mac software was loading incorrectly on the Windows machine.

First download the utility:
scsi2sd-util.dmg

And the latest firmware:
firmware_bundle-v4.6.00.scsi2sd

Steps to update firmware:
1. Mount the disk image.
2. Copy the utility from the disk image to your Desktop
3. Launch the Terminal.app application and navigate to your Desktop: cd ~/Desktop
4. Once in the Desktop, launch the "scsi2sd-util" application: ./scsi2sd-util
5. You'll be presented with the UI as documented in this thread earlier, see screenshot.
6. Select File --> Upgrade Firmware... from the Menu bar, see screenshot.
7. Point to the firmware file you downloaded earlier.

Steps to set up board as a CD-ROM:
1. From the General settings tab, make sure "Enable Parity" is checked.
2. From the "Device 1" tab, change the "SCSI ID" to a value of 1
3. Device type should be "CDROM"
4. Device size should be set to 700 MB.
5. Click Save to Device button.

Once that is done, I would disconnect and reconnect the board, and click the "Load from Device" button. The settings you had set previously are read and should display correctly. This is the part that didn't work for me on the Mac, but did on Windows.

Preparing the SD card (Optional):
1. Download and install the SD Formatter: SDFormatter_4.00B.pkg
2. Insert the SD card in your Mac and launch the SD Formatter.
3. If the SD card is still formatted as FAT32, select Quick Format, no need to name the card, click the Format button.

Create the ISO:
1. Mount your source optical disc on your Mac.
2. Launch Terminal.app and enter the following command:
hdiutil makehybrid -iso -joliet -o image.iso /path/to/source

(hdiutil is the name of the command, makehybrid is the action, -iso is the filesystem, -joilet adds the Joliet support to the ISO, -o is the output option, image.iso is the output file, /path/to/source would be your source disc; usually mounted to /Volumes/)

Write ISO to SD card:
1. Still in Terminal.app, type:
diskutil list
2. This will return a list of disks currently attached to your Mac.
3. Look for the disk information that pertains to your SD card, you want the Identifier that pertains to the partition for your SD card, such as /dev/disk4s2
4. Unmount this volume via the commandline and not be ejecting the SD card, diskutil unmount /dev/disk4s2
5. This unmounts the file system which allows us to write the ISO image to this volume, which we do by typing:
sudo dd if=/path/to/image.iso of=/dev/rdisk4s2 bs=1m
(sudo to elevate permissions, dd is the actual command, if=/path/to/image.iso is the input file, of=/dev/rdisk4s2 is the output file. Here we add a letter r before the disk identifier to allow for raw block I/O and bs=1m is the block size. These last two operands are optional but speed up the writing to the SD card.)

Once dd is done, you will not be able to read or write to the card on your Mac unless you reformat it. But you should now be able to insert it into your SCSI2SD board and use it on your CPS3 setup.

Hope this helps.
Was messing with this earlier, I pretty much get everything except for the /path/to/source ; how exactly would I find out what to type here?

Back