What's new
I have tried a MB pro, a Surface Pro3 and an old desktop at my cousins place. I just don't know what else to do...

If you bought it new reach out to the vendor.

If you can't get anywhere there just send me the device and I can test and flash it if working.

If you bought it new reach out to the vendor.

If you can't get anywhere there just send me the device and I can test and flash it if working.
Thats awesome thanks for the offer, but I live in Spain so I guess shipping will be more than a new one. I thought contacting the vendor, problem is I bought it from Amigakit in April so lot of time has gone by, but it has been sitting in the closet until last days...

So I'm having an odd issue I'd say. My scsi2sd is working fine, except in my blast city cabinets.

It works normally on my Aero, Astro, and Supergun. I tested it at another friend's and it works normally on an egret 2. I've tested the voltage across all cabinets and it's normal. I also tested it at a friend's house with 2 more blast cities, so it's 4 different ones and none of them work. I was however able to make it work in my blast city by providing USB power from my computer or another usb psu. I've tried connecting the floppy power connecter and not having it, it doesn't matter. So it's something about the blast city power supply that the scsi2sd doesn't like?

I have the 5.1 version green board with a full size sd slot and floppy power connector. I've updated the firmware to the latest 4.8.1 version. I know everything is configured in the scsi2sd-util correctly because it works everywhere but my blasts. When I boot it up on the blast city the LED stays lit. Everywhere else it blinks and then turns off, blinks again on reading the cd. The motherboard comes up with the CD ROM is not connected properly message.

To make things even weirder I tested it with my friend's setup that's the 5.0b version red board and it worked fine. So something about the 5.1 version and the blast power supply is not working as expected.

I haven't, but I have another friend who has recapped his blast psu and I'm going to try it on his cab tomorrow. That will be the 5th blast city I've tried it in. I know the cd rom drive must take more power than the scsi2sd, and it runs the cd drive just fine. Also my blast runs the 5.0b version perfectly, so I just don't see how it's a problem with the blast? I think it's something in the 5.1 board or firmware.

Interesting error. Do you have another mobo to test your device with?

Did you check voltage lines when your device is running in the cabinet?

Yes, I matched the voltage between my astro and blasts and it works on the astro but not on the blast. I've also seen it working from 5.0v to 5.15v. I was thinking I should test some more mobos, but didn't think that was it since it works on everything but blast. I will give that a shot though to be more conclusive.

Apparently my scsi2sd do not save settings, I have a 5.0a green board with latest firmware 4.8.1, I just connetct the little board to my pc (W10) by usb cable and register all settings by scsi2sd util but once I open the scsi2sd-util again the setting are not there.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I still do not understand where. Maybe I must register all the settings with sdcard already in slot?

FIXED:
I updated the firmware again and now saves the settings perfectly

Last edited:
Just stopping by this thread to add that version 5.1 Scsi2SD is not very compatible with the cps3. I don't really know if it's a power issue or what, but it does not work in a NNC w/ jammifier or blast city. Settings are identical to 5.0b rev board, but the board is either not detected or it just hangs on reading cd-rom :(

Interested to know what the issue is there, I'm due to order a SCSI2SD soon and I was going to go for the 5.1

Edit: someone above had the same issue with a Blast City cab, do Net/NNC use the same PSU as Blast?

The NNC uses a SUN power supply. I dont know for sure with a regular net city.

I wonder if it's something to do with the addition of the 3.3v rail? Since the cabs tested above with the 5.1 that worked all had no 3.3v

Maybe email them and see if they'll do a swap? The 5.1 is available on the Aussie store at the moment, maybe I should just grab the 6.0

Yeah I just sent an email asking for an exchange. Hopefully everything works out...

Just an update. I did exchange the 5.1 for a 5.0b rev from internalcomputing.com, although the guy I was dealing with was a complete douche about it. Anyways, I used the exact same settings I was trying on the 5.1 board and now everything is working well. So for anyone planning on using a scsi2sd in a blast or net city, get the 5.0b or lower version.

Back