What's new
as for your other question, I used this one with my acrylic case. It’s 16” but doesn’t give me the best fold. I almost would have liked it to be a little longer but it’s fine. It all depends on what case you use.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-16-50-...~EAAOSwS1Vbvxgq:sc:USPSFirstClass!21012!US!-1

This is all you need with cps3 and scsi2sd, you do NOT need to connect the molex power supply cable like the CD player

Attachments

• IMG_3140.JPG
    IMG_3140.JPG
    456.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
@Wraith hey thanks for that info bro, im currently reading the whole thread im on page 14 right now , but your post helped alot to pick a version :thumbup:

as for your other question, I used this one with my acrylic case. It’s 16” but doesn’t give me the best fold. I almost would have liked it to be a little longer but it’s fine. It all depends on what case you use.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-16-50-...~EAAOSwS1Vbvxgq:sc:USPSFirstClass!21012!US!-1

This is all you need with cps3 and scsi2sd, you do NOT need to connect the molex power supply cable like the CD player
Im assuming scsi2sd 5.1 wouldnt be able to fit your plexi or jasens plexi case.

I order one of the hursit metal cases , i guess ill wait to get the case and messure the length i need and go from there.

As for the scsi2sd 5.1 it seems like it works with superguns, and the 5.1 seem to go for $75 , would be nice to get a 5.0a or b but 125-150 yikes :/ . will suck if i get a 5.1 and then it dont work for me X/ ... decisions decisions

5.1 works fine on any cab or setup not running 3.3v

What cab do you have?

What cab do you have?
I hope your sitting down because i have None :whistling: , im a noob so i play in the HAS + OSSC + ben Q monitor set ups (for now) , once i buy my house then the cab fun will begin :thumbsup:

What cab do you have?
I hope your sitting down because i have None :whistling: , im a noob so i play in the HAS + OSSC + ben Q monitor set ups (for now) , once i buy my house then the cab fun will begin :thumbsup:
Then you can do what I do and have both a good Supergun set-up, AND a cabinet!

These days I keep my cabinet dedicated to horizontal games, being able to swap out panels. While the Supergun set-up is reserved for mainly vertical games... or games I'm just too lazy to swap into my JAMMA cab.

These days I keep my cabinet dedicated to horizontal games, being able to swap out panels. While the Supergun set-up is reserved for mainly vertical games... or games I'm just too lazy to swap into my JAMMA cab.
yea that sounds like something i will be doing :thumbsup:

My question now is will the 5.1 work good with my HAS with the SUZO HAPP POWER PRO 130 WATT i have??

What cab do you have?
Quite a few members don't have cabs but have a nice TV and Supergun setup, especially if you live in a smaller place I can totally get that. No judgement here - I have 2 cabs and I just don't have room for more :(

I also have a TV in another room with a Supergun and quite often prefer to play on that because I can sit in a nice chair with my modified Qanba Q4RAF :)

As long as you can play the games that's the important bit!

yea that sounds like something i will be doing :thumbsup:
My question now is will the 5.1 work good with my HAS with the SUZO HAPP POWER PRO 130 WATT i have??
I believe it will because you're using a HAS which doesn't have 3.3v connected, this is more of an issue on cabs that support JVS and use a JVS to JAMMA adapter :)

Quite a few members don't have cabs but have a nice TV and Supergun setup, especially if you live in a smaller place I can totally get that. No judgement here - I have 2 cabs and I just don't have room for more :(

I also have a TV in another room with a Supergun and quite often prefer to play on that because I can sit in a nice chair with my modified Qanba Q4RAF :)

As long as you can play the games that's the important bit!

I believe it will because you're using a HAS which doesn't have 3.3v connected, this is more of an issue on cabs that support JVS and use a JVS to JAMMA adapter :)
i hear you i only want like 3 caps at most but I definitely only my costume fight stick on the coach lol, and thanks for the info! im going to order the 5.1 , any official site to buy it from or ebay is fine?

Attachments

• BB8FD2A5-D871-4515-8440-4D09E793DB82.jpeg
    BB8FD2A5-D871-4515-8440-4D09E793DB82.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 88B7975D-DF7B-410D-AD48-54554CC4D668.jpeg
    88B7975D-DF7B-410D-AD48-54554CC4D668.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 272
I don't have an OSSC in my setup, but 5.1 works fine with my CPS3 / HAS / XM29 setup. Also, the Seagate replacement appears to be specifically geared toward replacing that model drive. I'm sure it would work, but no need to pay extra for that if you're using it for a CPS3. Looks like both of those versions have a full-sized SD card slot, one just comes with a preconfigured mini SD (and presumably an adapter for the full-size slot).

We shall see how this goes in the first attempt lol

Attachments

• D0FE379B-D605-411B-BECE-8C506EFCD608.jpeg
    D0FE379B-D605-411B-BECE-8C506EFCD608.jpeg
    501.5 KB · Views: 253
Itead have the 5.0 in stock. I just purchased another. If this one doesn't work, I'm going to give up and sell both of my 5.0.

I have both of the older versions of SCSI2SD (green and red versions). Plopped them in this past weekend and noticed they did not work. Reformatted the 4gb and 8gb SD cards in both of them. Still no action. Plugged in the ATX power cable into them drawing power from the CPS3 mainboard. Still would not work. Both were connected with the OEM extra long 50 pin SCSI cable. Decided to try an optical drive. Boom, on the optical drive worked.

On a hunch, I swapped out the OEM cable. Mind you, the OEM cable is very well made and very long (3ft at least I think). Replaced it with a shorter-cheaply made-sourced-from China 10" SCSCI cable. Boom it worked.

Build quality in the cheap Chinese SCSI cable cannot be improved over the OEM cable. So what makes me think it worked with the cheap Chinese cable is length. Maybe the OEM cable is so long and for convenience, I folded it over a few times which could have introduced reflection in the signal that caused it to fail. But that is speculation. In any case, swapping out the SCSI ribbon fixed my issue.

So if you have a shorter SCSI ribbon cable handy, give that a shot before anything else. Also, I burned the image onto the SD card in Unbuntu. Unbuntu works just fine for all of my Darksoft SD card burns.

I have both of the older versions of SCSI2SD (green and red versions). Plopped them in this past weekend and noticed they did not work. Reformatted the 4gb and 8gb SD cards in both of them. Still no action. Plugged in the ATX power cable into them drawing power from the CPS3 mainboard. Still would not work. Both were connected with the OEM extra long 50 pin SCSI cable. Decided to try an optical drive. Boom, on the optical drive worked.

On a hunch, I swapped out the OEM cable. Mind you, the OEM cable is very well made and very long (3ft at least I think). Replaced it with a shorter-cheaply made-sourced-from China 10" SCSCI cable. Boom it worked.

Build quality in the cheap Chinese SCSI cable cannot be improved over the OEM cable. So what makes me think it worked with the cheap Chinese cable is length. Maybe the OEM cable is so long and for convenience, I folded it over a few times which could have introduced reflection in the signal that caused it to fail. But that is speculation. In any case, swapping out the SCSI ribbon fixed my issue.

So if you have a shorter SCSI ribbon cable handy, give that a shot before anything else. Also, I burned the image onto the SD card in Unbuntu. Unbuntu works just fine for all of my Darksoft SD card burns.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot once I get my new one, although I am using a 6inch ribbon that I got from eBay.

The error I get when using the monitor software.

9613A934-F232-4B8F-A3FF-2D97A78285DE.png

There is a retaining clip on the back of SCSI connectors. Seems to come off and sometimes break really easy. Given this, the pins may not bite into the ribbon cable signal wires. That can also be why you aren't getting the SCSI2SD card to work.

Seems the SCSI2SD maybe a little more senstivite to signal attenuation than older SCSI devices.

Ok, so I just did a test using my extra long OEM SCSI cable and my older version SCSI2SD cards (the red one in this case). I mentioned earlier that I could not get the SCSI2SD boards working with the CPS3 OEM SCSI cable. But I was able to get the SCSI2SD card working with a shorter cheaper Chinese SCSI cable. Anyhow, I had some time on my hands and wanted to test if the longer cable was the root of my problem.

I powered up the CPS3 with the extra long OEM SCSI cable connected to the SCSI2SD card and immediately encountered an error. I shut down the CPS3. The OEM cable was folded over several times with creasing in some spots. I straightened it out and removed any creasing best I could. Then powered on the board. Boom, it booted to the region select screen, I was able to select a region, the game booted up, and so therefore SCSI2SD works even with the extra long OEM SCSI cable.

Moral of the story, within SCSI spec, doesn't appear that SCSI cable length was the root of my issue. Seems cable integrity and/or quality may be the root of the problem. I was able to fix this by waving out creases in the SCSI ribbon cable and perhaps that made that twisted strands in the cable connect better. Or signal reflection was eliminated when doing this. Seems the SCSI2SD board is much more sensitive to signal attenuation than SCSI devices of old.

Anyways, you guys out there with the 5.1v of the board that are having issues, I think it is related to your cable as there are reports here that the 5.1v does indeed work with the CPS3. Wave out those kinks/get additional cables/press in the retaining clip on the back of the cable connectors to get better bite from the pins onto the signal wires or whatever you need to get going.

Good luck!

EDIT: I'll try to reproduce this and record a video.

Back