What's new
  • Enable Parity ----> still not working
  • Ribbon Cable red wire position checked ----> not working
  • rByuJtV.png
  • Change microSD card to 32GB and 64GB - both cloned using Win32DiskImager -----> not working
  • Change Supergun to HAS Supergun and check voltage is correctly at 5V ----> not working (but the SCSI2SD device is powered on for sure as there is yellow LED light on the device ---> check video here https://youtu.be/BHJbSrzznrE

Ribbon Cable red wire position checked ----> not working
On both the device AND CPS3?
Please forgive me for hamming on this issue but another guy had the same exact problem, after much troubleshooting it was a simple as that (cable was twisted/wrong).

Reposting my configuration pictures so you can compare...
15WAauZ.png

dKLiYOT.png

• Enable Parity ----> still not working
  • Ribbon Cable red wire position checked ----> not working
  • rByuJtV.png
  • Change microSD card to 32GB and 64GB - both cloned using Win32DiskImager -----> not working
  • Change Supergun to HAS Supergun and check voltage is correctly at 5V ----> not working (but the SCSI2SD device is powered on for sure as there is yellow LED light on the device ---> check video here https://youtu.be/BHJbSrzznrE
Did you get that scsi2sd from ITead recently? I think they sold you a shit batch that they recently got cuz I had the same issue. Does the LED on the scsi2sd stay lit when you power it on?

EDIT: I just looked at your video. Push the SDCard in while the board boots. If it boots then then it's either the sdcard or the sdcard holder.

Last edited:
  • Yes, I got the card from itead.
  • The LED on the SCSI2SD stay lit up in yellow all the time
  • I got the configuration done exactly as the screenshot from @jassin000
I will try to push the card in while the board boots to see how it goes

I finally get it to works. I have to hold the microSD card tightly into the slot to make it works
@BlinG was right, i think this batch of SCSI2SD from itead is pretty shit. At least it works now, I think next step is to figure how to resolve the issue without manually holding the microSD tightly into their own slot

I think next step is to figure how to resolve the issue without manually holding the microSD tightly into their own slot
microSD_extension_cable_3_of_3_1024x1024.JPG

I'm not saying its a perfect solution... but you could solder/superglue one of these in place.

Why not get a replacement from iTead?
ITead did not respond to any of my emails when I inquired about it. I eventually opened a case through paypal and won the dispute because they never replied. So I did get my money back and got to keep the sort of working scsi2sd, but I much rather of had a 100% working unit...

Glad you figured it out. Yeah, my LED blinks a little bit when I boot but then shuts off.

Maybe you can have someone replace the SD card slot for you?

ITead did not respond to any of my emails when I inquired about it. I eventually opened a case through paypal and won the dispute because they never replied. So I did get my money back and got to keep the sort of working scsi2sd, but I much rather of had a 100% working unit...
Glad you figured out the problem... I noticed you're on the 5.0a model (which I've actually never tested with). The 5.1 model which is also green, but bigger, does not work with blast city power supplies. When booting on a blast it also has the bug where the status LED stays lit constantly.

5.0b red boards work on my blast city... I would like to try a 5.0a and see if that works with the blasts as well? Long story short I would recommend always getting the 5.0b version if available to you. It has worked for me on everything. 5.1 works on everything but blast city for me (but others have stated it has issues with other power supplies).

Glad you figured out the problem... I noticed you're on the 5.0a model (which I've actually never tested with). The 5.1 model which is also green, but bigger, does not work with blast city power supplies. When booting on a blast it also has the bug where the status LED stays lit constantly.
5.0b red boards work on my blast city... I would like to try a 5.0a and see if that works with the blasts as well? Long story short I would recommend always getting the 5.0b version if available to you. It has worked for me on everything. 5.1 works on everything but blast city for me (but others have stated it has issues with other power supplies).
Version 5.0a does work with blast cities. At one time I had a 5.0a that didn't have the sdcard issue and it would boot just fine. Even with the bad SDCard holder, it still boots on my blast city when the card is pushed in.

I am glad that I get version 5.0a and the issue is fixed up by sticky taping the microSDcard to card holder (as long as it works)

i think my decision to find a scsi cd drive is best for me after seeing all These Problems here i think ist not worth the fucking high Price of this Adapter.

i think my decision to find a scsi cd drive is best for me after seeing all These Problems here i think ist not worth the fucking high Price of this Adapter.
I don't agree with that. There has been a bad batch, but I've bought more than 10 units from them over the years and hundreds of users bought it and all worked great. This thing is small, needs less power and makes 0 noise. You dont need a CD that gets scratched, etc. It was just bad luck, and definitely I think that any ODE is a big step forward.

ODE in General Yes for sure.

but here you do not install a new game often. in fact most People only Play 3rd strike.

would only connect the drive when i Need to install a game.or is the System not booting without the drive detected?

Back