What's new
I just got my SCSI2D card in and here were my steps:

1. Download the appropriate manager and util exe (for windows) and latest firmware.
(http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd/) - I downloaded /latest/firmware/, then /latest/windows/64bit for the util exe
2. Using my 3rd Strike CD, I made a iso file from the CD
3. Using HDD Raw Copy Tool, I choose my .iso file as the source and a microSD as the destination and copied it. (it does it sector by sector)
4. I plugged in my board, opened the util exe and File -> Update Firmware -> choose the latest firmware i downloaded. update
5. After i was able to update the board, i could set it up as a CD-Rom, 700mb size and hit "save to device" from the util exe.
6. Unplug from pc, put in my micro sd and plug into my CPS3

Booted and it was good to go!

Street Fighter 3 New Generation.
PM sent
PM Received, and it works perfectly! Many thanks! My SCSI CD ROM drive can now rest peacefully.

Wonder what the difference is. i'll have to go and do a raw file compare to figure out why that file works, but the ones I extracted out of the MAME CHD have failed.

this thread has been very interesting except I'm going to ruin it by asking a very noob question. Why would we bother upgrading from CD rom to SD card ? Is it just for less power consumption, moving parts, portability of the unit being more compact etc. I don't get it ?

this thread has been very interesting except I'm going to ruin it by asking a very noob question. Why would we bother upgrading from CD rom to SD card ? Is it just for less power consumption, moving parts, portability of the unit being more compact etc. I don't get it ?
You said it best, all valid reasons to switch; and because in my case I dropped both the cd drive and motherboard and broke the connector port off of the drive, lol.

For everyone it's a different reason, but main one in general is that those drives are faulty, obsolete and mechanical. A noiseless microsd reader is a big plus in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
The drives you can buy now are 99% used and half of those can barely read a disk still. Soon SCSI drives will be extinct completely. Moving to a different storage platform will soon be a necessity. And since it doesn't cost a ton more than a drive you should go ahead and make the jump.

Some people have also used this as an opportunity to make the entire setup very compact.

I suppose you could make a CPSIII m/b and one of these into a CPSIII console a bit like the MVS ones you can buy.

I might give it a try when I get my third CPSIII motherboard I won on YAJ - Then I'll have two full SF3 3rd strike setups & a SF3 2nd Impact setup.

I'm OK for SCSI drives - I have a NOS Plextor SCSI CDRW drive and a hardly used Toshiba CD-R I pulled from an old server at work (it was used to load the OS 8 years ago and never used since).

Hey guys,

got my scsi to sd today.
Newest FW installed, 4.6, downloading the new Multi Bios Cd right now.
Config Set to Cd Rom 700MB Size.

Next step:
Use HDD raw to copy the Bios Cd to what format?

Hey guys,

got my scsi to sd today.
Newest FW installed, 4.6, downloading the new Multi Bios Cd right now.
Config Set to Cd Rom 700MB Size.

Next step:
Use HDD raw to copy the Bios Cd to what format?
This is where I ran into issues and had trouble with my setup. (I was trying to extract an .iso file from MAME's CHD, but it didn't work). When you set up your drive in the SCSI2SD software, make CERTAIN that you set the device ID to 1, and that the "parity enabled" is checked. My CPS3 board wouldn't even recognize the adapter until I updated that information.

The CD needs to be 'cloned' onto the SD card. I use WinHex and do the "clone drive" command to clone the file to the SD card. Although the full WinHex isn't free, with so many other things it allows you to do, I think it was worth the purchase. Of course, there are other "less than ethical" ways to get a full functioning WinHex. Heh.

OK you guys convinced me to make the jump makes allot of sense with these drives breaking down at some point. It's not like I'm going to stop playing 3rd strike with my friends if we have not stopped now :D ...also if I just download the new version of Darksoft's CD it will run 4th strike on my current set up ?

I tried to install winhex but it alsways freezes during installation. I use windows 10.
:/

Do I need to load the copied CD file trough the scsi2sd adapter or do i need to attach the sd card directly to the computer?

Since HDD Raw doesnt display the device.

Last edited:
Is InertialComputing on ebay the only source for these?

Because eBay Global shipping program sucks big hairy balls and I'd prefer to get one without having to use it.

That is the seller that comes up and another that ships out of India. All I could find on ebay.

You can also order from here itead.cc

I tried to install winhex but it alsways freezes during installation. I use windows 10.
:/

Do I need to load the copied CD file trough the scsi2sd adapter or do i need to attach the sd card directly to the computer?

Since HDD Raw doesnt display the device.
The CD Image needs to be written directly to the flash card from your computer. e.g. you can't put the SD card into the SCSI2SD adapter and then write through the adapter. Your computer will either need a MicroSD card slot natively, or you'll need to get a USB adapter like I did.

Not sure what your freeze issues could be as I am running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit and have had no issues. So can't really help you there.

Perhaps Mitsirugi-w will know of another program that will definitely work.

I made this jump to a scsi to sd board and it works great, it even loads faster. Literally when the game says looking for CDROM drive on the cabinet screen, seconds later boom the game is loaded.

Waiting on my kit to get this hooked up, its great to see that it is working great for all.

I made this jump to a scsi to sd board and it works great, it even loads faster. Literally when the game says looking for CDROM drive on the cabinet screen, seconds later boom the game is loaded.
You meant to say it boots faster. It DOES NOT load a new game faster.

OK you guys convinced me to make the jump makes allot of sense with these drives breaking down at some point. It's not like I'm going to stop playing 3rd strike with my friends if we have not stopped now :D ...also if I just download the new version of Darksoft's CD it will run 4th strike on my current set up ?
If you have an SH2 cart yes. 4rd Strike is not available for the custom.cart yet.

Back