What's new
I tried to install winhex but it alsways freezes during installation. I use windows 10.
:/

Do I need to load the copied CD file trough the scsi2sd adapter or do i need to attach the sd card directly to the computer?

Since HDD Raw doesnt display the device.
The CD Image needs to be written directly to the flash card from your computer. e.g. you can't put the SD card into the SCSI2SD adapter and then write through the adapter. Your computer will either need a MicroSD card slot natively, or you'll need to get a USB adapter like I did.
Not sure what your freeze issues could be as I am running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit and have had no issues. So can't really help you there.

Perhaps Mitsirugi-w will know of another program that will definitely work.
Well I'll try HDD Raw. Right now the Iso is writing on the cart, I'll test it after work.

I tried to install winhex but it alsways freezes during installation. I use windows 10.
:/

Do I need to load the copied CD file trough the scsi2sd adapter or do i need to attach the sd card directly to the computer?

Since HDD Raw doesnt display the device.
The CD Image needs to be written directly to the flash card from your computer. e.g. you can't put the SD card into the SCSI2SD adapter and then write through the adapter. Your computer will either need a MicroSD card slot natively, or you'll need to get a USB adapter like I did.Not sure what your freeze issues could be as I am running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit and have had no issues. So can't really help you there.

Perhaps Mitsirugi-w will know of another program that will definitely work.
Well I'll try HDD Raw. Right now the Iso is writing on the cart, I'll test it after work.
That ought to work. Basically, what you are doing is cloning the CD Image onto the MicroSD Flash card so that the SCSI2SD adapter, and more importantly the CPS3 system, sees the MicroSD card as a CD.

I might have been in a different situation than most. I actually have the original CD rom for 3rd strike, so i didn't have to muck with the MAME images or anything else. I put the CD in to my CDRom on pc and used freeware to create and ISO image, then using HDD Raw, copied it to my SD Card.

But overall, this is really pretty awesome. My CPS3 set up is much more compact, i feel better knowing that i don't have to run an extra power cable from my board to an old mechanical cd rom that will eventually break and feel much safer knowing that this solution is a just an better way to preserve my CPS3 system.

Thumbs up all around!

*PS: Inertial Computing is where i bought mine from. They're actually on Amazon as well. They're located in San Jose, which is where i live. Im willing to drive over to them and buy several of these boards and ship them out to anyone who needs them. Im not sure if me shipping it overseas is any better (or cheaper) than going through amazon or ebay, but its an option!

Just hit me up and if we get enough interest, i'll just drive on over and pick some up and we can get these out.

Allright. Hooked it up to my CPS3 and worked right from the start.
I used the New Multi Bios Cd (updated Warzard version?) as ISO with HDD Raw, since Winhex didn't work out on my computer, for whatever reason.

I think I'll let it be for the day and try to install another game on Saturday. For the next few days it's 3rd strike again. :thumbsup:

OK very noob question again...how do I kns if I have SH2 ? ...I sent you the cart and you sent me I think the same cart back but customized ?

OK very noob question again...how do I kns if I have SH2 ? ...I sent you the cart and you sent me I think the same cart back but customized ?
Well, obviously Mitsu knows better but if you want to check if you have a cart with SH2 you simply open it up and check what is written on the big square chip. If it has a paper sticker on it then it is the custom IC provided by capcom (custom SH2). Like this;

IMG_6464_zpsglweqcim.jpg

If it looks like this

hit_2.jpg

Then you have SH2 cart...

I sent you a cart? I always put two stickers on the carts I send out. One on the side has my name in Japanese. The other on top has what kind of cart. It will say either SH2 or Custom. If you have someone else do the conversion for you and you opt for an SH2 conversion then you should probably open up and verify the processor yourself to make sure you got your money's worth.

I happened to get real lucky and buy a complete CPS3 setup with this gem on it, upgraded by Mitsu himself.

IMG_3334.JPG
lucky you!
I cant complain :D .

I just want to say thanks to you and Mitsu for creating this board, this little community and the people in it are truly awesome. It has really made the arcade hobby/collecting experience truly rewarding. I have learned so much and acquired a lot of great systems because of it. I had looked around a few other forums but they are nowhere near as approachable as this one with people that are willing to share information. So :thumbsup: to arcade-projects.com

I happened to get real lucky and buy a complete CPS3 setup with this gem on it, upgraded by Mitsu himself.

IMG_3334.JPG
lucky you!
I cant complain :D .
I just want to say thanks to you and Mitsu for creating this board, this little community and the people in it are truly awesome. It has really made the arcade hobby/collecting experience truly rewarding. I have learned so much and acquired a lot of great systems because of it. I had looked around a few other forums but they are nowhere near as approachable as this one with people that are willing to share information. So :thumbsup: to arcade-projects.com
Couldn't agree more. I was always hesitant to obtain the CPS2/CPS3 systems due to the suicidal nature of them, and the chance that a failure in any component could turn a multi-hundred dollar purchase into a pile of junk. Either that, or force me to go and get hacked ROMs with various splash screens added that were not in the original.

DarkSoft and Mitsurigi-w's work has allowed me to get a CPS2 system and a CPS3 system without worry of suicide rearing its ugly head.

I sent you a cart? I always put two stickers on the carts I send out. One on the side has my name in Japanese. The other on top has what kind of cart. It will say either SH2 or Custom. If you have someone else do the conversion for you and you opt for an SH2 conversion then you should probably open up and verify the processor yourself to make sure you got your money's worth.
thanks to everyone who posted I have the custom bios cart with Mitsu's sticker on the outside but I guess I was mistaken and I sent him the cart to work on ...so I guess I will have to open it and check

Hi all

I received my SCSI2SD yesterday and I'm trying to set up as it was written in this topic. My first Problem is that I connect it over usb cable on my Windows 10 PC, and I can see a small lamp lighting shortly in yellow or orange on the SCSI2SD, but that's it. And I tried 2 different USB cables. I tried it also an my IBM Thinkpad with Windows XP, but it didn't find it. What do I have to do to get it ready installed and be able to go into the menu SCSI2SD-util ?

thanks

In Windows 10 you can't see it loading the drivers on your task bar when you plug it in? Is it showing in your control panel?

I can see it on the device manager and by looking for the newest driver it says I have the best driver for it. But I do not see the hardware in explorer and how could I get into the menu SCSI2SD-util?

no I have just the iso from darksoft for the cps3 and putet it right away on a 8GB micro sd so far. which software do you mean one for SCSI2SD....thanks for you time

Check my reply in the thread, i provided links to where you can get the software to set this all up.

Hope that helps!

I tried it and it still says: you have inserted an invalid CD-ROM. Please insert a valid CD-ROM.

I set up the SCI correctly and checked after again by loading the device and it shows that it's CD-ROM and 700 MB size.

For the micro SD Card I tried two things. Copied just directly the UniCD-CPS3_for_standard_SH2_V4.iso on the card or used the HDD Raw Copy tool choosed the iso and puted it on the micro sd Card, had to Name it with UniCD-CPS3_for_standard_SH2_V4.imgc or .img. Both files .imgc or img did not work ;(. What am I'm doing wrong ;(.

So to summarize I copied the iso file as iso file on the micro sd or transfered it on the micro sd Card with the HDD Raw Cyp tool to an .imgc or .img file. And tested all on my cps 3 mobo and it says always the same error ;(

Back