What's new
I don’t have that capability either. You can always send your carts to @Mitsurugi-w to get re-flashed for a fair price

I had hoped the reproduction version of the cart would include a way to easily reflash without desolder (some type of socket adapter etc).
Of course this would be potentially overkill because as DS mentioned the last BIOS was made in 2015 (hasn't changed since that time).

Hi guys,

So here i am, desperate after 2 days of trying and not getting anywhere...

I got a cart from Darksoft (through Mymoza) in Feb 2018, hadn't had time to set the whole thing up until now. Got an OG 3S board, OG memories (board used to work real fine) with that new cart and the SCSCI SD Card 5.0 (the red one).
I've read and reread all pages to see what I was doing wrong...

1/ SD Card reader's firmware is up to date (should it be? 4.8.1)
Set up exactly as Jassin and many other have said it should be (Parity enabled/1/CDRom/700mb etc)
Everything saved onto device. The connector is in the right position (red line close to power).

2/ SD Cards formated, and games copied bit by bit using HDD Raw Copy Tool. For the sake of trying since idk what cart i have, i have the Custom and Standard version on each one. (got 2 micro sds for the tests)

I've had 2 main problems that ended up with the same result.
I had done it all without upgrading the firmware at first. When I'd turn on the power, I'd get "Now Reading CD" which is great, then would go straight to the Select Country screen (Third Strike) but there i wouldn't be able to choose anything. No freezing as some might have experienced, just nothing. Up down ok, but would go any further. When booting with Start, I'd get all the menu and same. Up and down, but can click anywhere.

After upgrading the firmware the game went straight to "Not enough memory installed on the PCB" O.o Tried moving the SIMMS. Same result. One of the cards i noticed would make the reader's light to flash continuously. I think it's the custom version(need to double check).
Bypassed it with launching the menu by pressing start (on both). There, same as before, i've got all options (flash mem, disk & files, game boot and rewrite), when i try to rewrite, nothing happens. I just can't access any of these options.
I can go up down and that's it. Just like in the Area Selection screen when it used to pop up.

Does it ring any bell, O Gods of the CPSIII? I don't think it's a button problem since i can access the menu. I even tried to wire Up/Down on the buttons, Hitbox style, and it works. Any ideas? I'm this close to crying! ( ; ^;)
Hope someone can save me.
Thanks in advance! m(_ _)m

Also, at any point does punch 1 (p1, shot 1, light punch) do anything?

If not then maybe it is a button problem. Just cuz start is working doesn’t mean other buttons are working. Are you using an undamned converter?

The error you're getting about not enough simms is your problem. You will need x4 128mb and x2 64mb simms for Darksoft cart to work regardless of what game you're trying to load. If you're 100% sure you have enough memory, then remove the simms and clean them with 91% isopropyl and a qtip

The error you're getting about not enough simms is your problem. You will need x4 128mb and x2 64mb simms for Darksoft cart to work regardless of what game you're trying to load. If you're 100% sure you have enough memory, then remove the simms and clean them with 91% isopropyl and a qtip
yea and there is also a simm test menu where you can perhaps see whats in. post pics of them here. if there is not enough Memory then Nothing works.

Thanks for the answers peeps!

@Wraith > Got other cards, will try that as well.
As for the buttons tbh idk if they're working...I mean they work cuz when I plugged UP on the punch1 it worked. But yeah maybe it's all coming from the Smallcab Supergun (v1.6)...

@BlinG > I do have enough mem, that's for sure. What's weird about this memory error is that it showed only after I upgraded the scsci reader's firmware...before that the game would boot straight to the Area Selection screen.
I'll still clean em up, you never know...

@hardyhell > Problem is I can't access anything since I can't press any button ;(((

Last edited:
Hi @]YaZ[
I'm located in Paris, maybe we can do some trouble shooting with my working setup.
Shoot me a pm and we will sort it out :)

@]YaZ[

try reading the Settings of the Adapter again and then see the result.read from Adapter Setting or something like that in the menu.

and i think that i have set the ID to 0

what i noticed also was that i set all up Right... had to wait for more ram and then when i tried again the Adapter Settings when read out were wrong again. so perhaps check this again.

So !
I cleaned all the modules, reconfigured the reader to ID 0 (downgraded firmware to 4.6) and it worked. Well, no more "not enough memory" message. So it reads the sd, and I get to Region Select screen of Third Strike.

UPDATE!

I cleaned the whooole thing, unplugged all, plugged again, and it works! I got my buttons!
So can I enter the game!

BUT THEN...

I'm playing Third Strike Pixel Edition! Screenshot_20191118_205251.jpg
What is causing this? Wrong version of the game? (I does it on both Standard and Custom versions)
I didn't rewrite the game, shall I?

Last edited:
So !
I cleaned all the modules, reconfigured the reader to ID 0 (downgraded firmware to 4.6) and it worked. Well, no more "not enough memory" message. So it reads the sd, and I get to Region Select screen of Third Strike. Then I'm stuck because I got no button that's working...
So it has to do with the supergun (Smallcab Deluxe 1.6) right? Start is working cuz I can go in the special menu, but same, can't access any options there since not a single god forsaken button will work...
I would recommend trying a different Supergun. Something that sticks to the Neo standard for buttons would be the best option, I don't think smallcab does.

Just updated my post!
But it's like a neverending nightmare lol! You get rid of a problem, here comes another!

Try reloading the game. The Simms were probably reinstalled in the wrong order. Remember they are memory modules and not RAM. They hold the game data until a new game is written.

Finished rewriting.
Game boots to Region Select, but now when I select a region it freezes... ;( ;( ;(

That usually means you’re using the wrong boot CD. If you’re running custom sh2 you’ll need to use custom sh2 boot disc.

@BlinG Just formatted and cloned again both on two different cards, non will work (custom nor standard)...

Back