What's new
Nah, the only Third Strike she deserves a third strike to the face *_*

(For those wondering, my ex cheated on me while I was deployed. Classy huh?)

hi, i have a jasen plexi and i would like to know what scsi2sd i need to take(the better for the firmware)
this or this ?

hi, i have a jasen plexi and i would like to know what scsi2sd i need to take(the better for the firmware)
this or this ?
Just stay away from version 6. The IP owner admits he is still stablizing the firmware. I don't think the green one is available any longer. We all have the red one.

Update: Still no working SCSI PCB setup.

Following on from my earlier adventures (see page 9) Wigsplitta kindly offered to test my SCSI pcb and SD card and advised that I had a dud PCB!

After some delay I eventually sent it back to where I got it, and then waited ages to get a replacement sent back to me that arrived today.

The PCB has the up to date firmware and I decided to rip the cd that I use in my drive, as I knew that works.

Loaded it all up and used the Terminal command line instructions (as previously advised) to create the ISO and to then instal it on the SD Card.

When I plugged the device into my CPS3 mobo and powered up I got the 'incorrect disc' message.

As such, either the ISO I created went wrong (I noticed that the size of the ISO was not the exact size of the image on the cd), or the process of installing the ISO onto the SD card went wrong. - I mean, I can't have another dud unit!

Any other Mac users out there have any luck doing the entire process on the Mac?

Can you post the commands you used on your Mac to create the ISO and write to the SD card?

I used the app "dd utility" to do it. I never was able to write successfully using Terminal. DD wasn't working for me, but then all of a sudden out of the blue it worked. Weirdest thing.

Backtrack on this thread to see the Terminal commands I used for creating the ISO, and then to write to the SD card use "DD Utility" NOT Terminal. If you have trouble, I'll go through the process again myself over the weekend and post step by step instructions. Don't have the time tonight, but I remember pulling what little hair I have out trying to do this so I'm more than willing to help. I just don't fully recall everything at the moment as it was a couple months ago. All I know is that I failed to write the SD card in terminal. Make the ISO in terminal, but write using DD Utility. I'll help this weekend with step by the step instructions. At the moment I don't have an SD card to spare for the process.

Can you post the commands you used on your Mac to create the ISO and write to the SD card?
I used the exact ones that you posted earlier on page 8.
Backtrack on this thread to see the Terminal commands I used for creating the ISO, and then to write to the SD card use "DD Utility" NOT Terminal. If you have trouble, I'll go through the process again myself over the weekend and post step by step instructions. Don't have the time tonight, but I remember pulling what little hair I have out trying to do this so I'm more than willing to help. I just don't fully recall everything at the moment as it was a couple months ago. All I know is that I failed to write the SD card in terminal. Make the ISO in terminal, but write using DD Utility. I'll help this weekend with step by the step instructions. At the moment I don't have an SD card to spare for the process.
Hi, thanks, I will try using DD utility then, I still have my doubts about the ISO I created, but to be honest I have never had any issues with other ISO's I created before using Terminal.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all feedback, being a Mac user sucks sometimes!

If you used the same commands the ISO should be good to go as when I got DD to work I didn't do anything different with making the ISO. Just to be sure, are you using the correct disk image for the cart mod you are using?

GOOD GRAVY! I think it is working!

I got the incorrect disk message, but after re-powering choosing the re-write option it seems to be installing SF3 NG!!

What I did;

1) Used SD Formatter program to erase SD card.

2) In Terminal I unmounted the entire SD Card Volume, i.e.;

diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4
(not diskutil unmount /dev/disk4s1)

I then used the same Terminal write instruction as previously ... BUT Deleted the 's1' part as well (disk4 not Disk4s1).

In half an hour I will either be playing the best looking version of SFIII ;) or I will be going to bed early (to cry into my pillow).

I hope that it is the former!

:(

Ok, here's something strange.

I got this message at the end of the re-write process;
aMi9FjY.jpg

I turn the cab off and on, then get the 'incorrect disk' message.

However, when I plug back in the old scsi cd drive, SFIII NG boots up.

So, I can write from the data in the SD Card, but it does not allow you to boot into the game.

Any ideas?

PS Mukurofish - I tried using that DD Utility program earlier this evening, but when I tried write the Image to the SD Card using it's process, it did not detect my SD Card volume - it only 'saw' my external HDDs and CD Drive that I have plugged into USB.

You need to reformat the SD card back to normal before trying to write it using DD. Right now the SD card still thinks it's a CD and not an SD card after trying to write it in terminal. Make it a normal SD card again, and then make it think it's a CD again using DD.

I had already reformed the sd card before using the dd utility program. In addition it also detects my cd drive, just for some strange reason it won't recognise the sd slot.

I did have a sd to USB adapter ... but can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

The strangest thing is how I can seemingly write a game to the simms (albeit with an error message), but the hardware can't read the disc to run the game.

Jugu, although I used your instructions to get where I am now, there must be something going wrong with the write to sd card bit.

The error you are getting is indeed strange. I never had any issues once I was able to actually write games. Sanity check, I'm assuming you've tried multiple SD cards already?

If I have the time I'll make a new one from scratch and record the steps, mail it to you, and we'll see if it works. If it does, then we'll have an additional log for this thread. Jugu's guide is pretty rock solid though and what I did was for the most part the same.

I'll shoot for Saturday morning.

I'll look over my instructions this weekend. I'll update them as needed.

Messed around a bit more this evening and got the dd utility program to work by mounting my sd card in a usb adapter - don't ask me why, but it didn't recognise the SD card port.

Anyway, still no more progress, I even re-installed the firmware on the pcb, and started from scratch.

I'm pretty sure that the image file that was created on the SD card was perfectly fine (when I view the SD Card, it appears exactly as the cd does when that is loaded in the drive), - this was from both using the Terminal Command and subsequently with the dd utility.

At the end of the day, I could write a new game to the Simms using the adapter with the sd card.

So in theory there is nothing wrong with the setup ... except why does it flip out when doing - i presume a simple checksum to run the game installed on the Simms?

Back