What's new
So can I just rip the iso from my 2I disk and use dd or winhex to transfer it to the sd card and it will work? Also has 2i already been ripped? if possible I wouldn't mind doing less work.
Yes. If you already have a working CPS3 rig you can just dd your cd to an sd card.

Also has 2i already been ripped?
You wouldn't be able to play it in MAME if it hadn't. ;)

4Dij94E.jpg

Also has 2i already been ripped?
You wouldn't be able to play it in MAME if it hadn't. ;)
4Dij94E.jpg
To be clear, he just swooped up his 2nd Impact board. He doesn't know if the cart is still live since his SCSI optical drive is kaput. He doesn't have a Superbios cart (repro or modded). Rather than buying a new optical drive, he wants to transition straight to the SCSI2SD board. Given that, what ISO can he use to run his 2nd Impact on-battery cart? Or is this even possible?

Can a CDR copy of his OEM disc just be made? Or can he just use IMGBurn to create an ISO for use with the SCSI2SD?

EDIT: Oops. I see @skate323k137 already answered this above. Carry on, carry on!

Can a CDR copy of his OEM disc just be made? Or can he just use IMGBurn to create an ISO for use with the SCSI2SD?
Oh... Yes.
Should work just fine (should also match the CRC/MD5 of "cap-3ga000.chd" as I believe this is a "pure" 2i dump).

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear, he just swooped up his 2nd Impact board. He doesn't know if the cart is still live since his SCSI optical drive is kaput.
2nd Impact carts do not fully die. The removal of a dead battery on 2nd Impact carts, due to what was presumably an oversight on the part of Capcom when implementing the encryption, causes the cart to start working again indefinitely.

Thanks for helping me out everyone, and that's good to know @idc , just one less thing to worry about! Will update once everything comes in.

Sweet! Going to send your 2i cart to @Mitsurugi-w for SuperBIOS conversion?
CPS3 hasn't got a ton of games, but I say SuperBIOS is worth it for 3rd Strike alone.

I was planning on it but @acblunden2 offered me a trade for one of the repro carts. Gonna send it to him once darksoft gets more SIMMs.

I think I’m finally about to join the club here soon. I found a 2nd board. So I have one that was bought as not working and now I should have another working with the Simms for Jojo’s bizarre adventure. So I might still need another 128 but at least I’ll be able to play something. I have the sd to scsi board and the repo cart. So I think I’m good to go to put all this stuff together. I also got Jansens case which recently came back in stock. Edit, damn looks like the case is out of stock again already.

The picture they use for the case shows all the simm slots filled. Is there any point in that or did they just do that to look cool?

I think I’m finally about to join the club here soon. I found a 2nd board. So I have one that was bought as not working and now I should have another working with the Simms for Jojo’s bizarre adventure. So I might still need another 128 but at least I’ll be able to play something. I have the sd to scsi board and the repo cart. So I think I’m good to go to put all this stuff together. I also got Jansens case which recently came back in stock. Edit, damn looks like the case is out of stock again already.

The picture they use for the case shows all the simm slots filled. Is there any point in that or did they just do that to look cool?
SuperBios requires a full set of simms to play anything. You basically need the amount of simms it takes to play 3s

@Darksoft has a batch of repo SIMMs coming soon I believe... I recommend you inquire with him.
As mentioned above, SuperBIOS/SFIII-3rd require a full set for use.

You just need 3S simms, that 7th slot can be left empty. But yeah, you can't play Warzard/NG without 3S simms.

Ok, good to know. I’ll have to wait for that elusive 4th 128 meg simm. I think I’ll have some spare 64 if anyone wants to trade.

Oh, last question. Can any SIMM be placed in that 5th slot for shits n giggles? I’m assuming nothing addresses it so it could be whatever, but I’ve learned to stop assuming anything in this crazy ass hobby.

Oh, last question. Can any SIMM be placed in that 5th slot for shits n giggles? I’m assuming nothing addresses it so it could be whatever, but I’ve learned to stop assuming anything in this crazy ass hobby.
I guess it might be a good place to keep a spare, or something. That's about it. :D

I guess it might be a good place to keep a spare, or something. That's about it. :D
I just keep some snacks in that slot.
-ud

Wait, I just read that all slots but 7 must be filled, and Slot 5 can be empty. Which is it? My 3rd Strike has all slots filled but 7. Slot 3 has a bad simm. Does that mean I can use Slot 5 simm as a spare and leave Slot 5 empty?

Back