What's new
Look at Jasens instructions closely. For the 2 screws that hold the scsi2sd board it says 1”. Maybe they should be 1/2”? Anyway he includes 2 1” in the kit and I didn’t see another use for them.

I picked up some 1/2” screws at Home Depot. Gonna give that a shot. Really what I have is fine, nothing touches. I also bought some pretty sweet capcom stickers and wanted to slap one on this thing but I can’t seem to find them.

Last edited:
I said that on page 8... ;)
Finally, yes the SuperBIOS region select is jumpy AF... That's just how its coded, DS would need to fix his code to correct it and no one really sees this as a good use of his time (after all it works).
Funny thing about that Region select... It's jumpy when connected to serial. When I use my in-line Undamned USB encoders, I can select each region individually with a standard PS4 fight stick. It's wonky AF... Thought I'd mention that :)

Also WinHex is a hex editor, sure it works for this purpose but its not what I would call a "recommended method" for writing images.
That's why no one mentioned the "physical disc" setting (the majority of people didn't use it).
It's the only software I recommend. If you are doing any arcade repairs, setups etc. it can do everything you need to with arcade files, definitely more than "just a hex editor". I use it multiple times a day for various things.

If you are doing any arcade repairs, setups etc. it can do everything you need to with arcade files
So this statement brings me to part two of why no one mentioned the "physical disc" setting...
Pros who are well versed in WinHex already knew to use the "physical disc" option and didn't feel the need to mention it. ;)

Follow up on the case. I got some 1/2” screws and that works. 5/8” would prob be best because with 1/2” I could only thread the nuts a bit, but it seems fine. I also found my sticker which is a good fit for this case, I got blue and red, went with the red

Attachments

• AF719B42-AF9C-4978-B9F6-D2D9BBFF49A0.jpeg
    AF719B42-AF9C-4978-B9F6-D2D9BBFF49A0.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 274
  • A213273D-7B36-475D-B312-EAE88DFD3B88.jpeg
    A213273D-7B36-475D-B312-EAE88DFD3B88.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I have one question with this. I have a JOJOs Venture CPS3 but due to certain family issues the CD drive with the CD are gone. I bought this card trying to resurrect it, but I have no clue were to get a game ISO. Best I can do is find a ROM. BTW I'm using a mac, to make things more complicated...

I suspect you could probably use the cd images posted here that have all the games and just select the game you have the cart for. But I’m not 100% sure about that.

I have one question with this. I have a JOJOs Venture CPS3 but due to certain family issues the CD drive with the CD are gone. I bought this card trying to resurrect it, but I have no clue were to get a game ISO. Best I can do is find a ROM. BTW I'm using a mac, to make things more complicated...
If you figure it out could you please make me an SD card also with the games.. I can pay for the SD and shipping..I purchased one of those adapters a while back but have not been able to use it due to the same:)

If you figure it out could you please make me an SD card also with the games.. I can pay for the SD and shipping..I purchased one of those adapters a while back but have not been able to use it due to the same:)
Apparently according to Geddo, the iso with all the games is in the thread. I will have to find it in the thread, but I am just looking for my jojos image, I dont have a multigame yet, so no need to burn all the isos, or way to test if they work. I guess you can just burn what is around in the thread.

Apparently according to Geddo, the iso with all the games is in the thread. I will have to find it in the thread, but I am just looking for my jojos image, I dont have a multigame yet, so no need to burn all the isos, or way to test if they work. I guess you can just burn what is around in the thread.
Here are where the ISOs are:

CPS III Bios and CD Releases

You cannot use the Multi BIOS CD images with regular carts.

I'll post the stock game images and the tools to write them to SD cards shortly.

A friend just send me this. Not sure legit.

https://archive.org/details/Capcom_CPS3_ISO_CD_Images

I find three jojo ISOs,
cap-jjk-2.iso
cap-jjk000.iso
cap-jjm-0.iso

How do I know which one is the right one?

I Just noticed in the top right corner of the game cartridge it says JJK98c00F
I believe they're legit.

You need either cap-jjk000.iso or cap-jjk-2.iso.

You could also use cap-jjk-3.iso, which I've uploaded here:
http://avalaunch.net/cps3/original/jojo_990128-idc.rar

cap-jjk000 is version 981202.
cap-jjk-2 is version 990108.
cap-jjk-3 is version 990128.

Use this tool to write the ISO file to the SD card:
http://avalaunch.net/cps3/original/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe

A friend just send me this. Not sure legit.

https://archive.org/details/Capcom_CPS3_ISO_CD_Images

I find three jojo ISOs,
cap-jjk-2.iso
cap-jjk000.iso
cap-jjm-0.iso

How do I know which one is the right one?

I Just noticed in the top right corner of the game cartridge it says JJK98c00F
I believe they're legit.
You need either cap-jjk000.iso or cap-jjk-2.iso.

You could also use cap-jjk-3.iso, which I've uploaded here:
http://avalaunch.net/cps3/original/jojo_990128-idc.rar

cap-jjk000 is version 981202.
cap-jjk-2 is version 990108.
cap-jjk-3 is version 990128.

Use this tool to write the ISO file to the SD card:
http://avalaunch.net/cps3/original/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe
Thanks, but using a Mac, can't use that program. Can it be done or do I need a PC?

There's a program on Mac I've used called Etcher that's worked for me in the past. Give that a try

Ok, I have secured a PC and have been able to use the avalaunch program. Jsut on questions, when you use scsi2sd-util, after I change the device size, I can't see no save button, if I just desconnect when I connect it again it misses the 700mb size. Am I missing something?

Ok, I have secured a PC and have been able to use the avalaunch program. Jsut on questions, when you use scsi2sd-util, after I change the device size, I can't see no save button, if I just desconnect when I connect it again it misses the 700mb size. Am I missing something?
Maximize the screen. The save button is hidden if you don't. When you press it the leds will blink letting you know the settings are being saved.

Maximize the screen. The save button is hidden if you don't. When you press it the leds will blink letting you know the settings are being saved.
For some reason the "save to device" button is in grey can't click. I tried downoading SCSI2SD util, for windows, and in the bottom it says, earching for SCSI2SD device, like it doesn't recognise the pcb.

Sadly after couple days I haven't been able to make it work, I give up. The SCSI2SD util never detects the board. So can't do any changes to it. My Jojo will remain in hibernation indefinitely...

Have you tried a different PC or cable?

Back