What's new
This case is awesome!

But please allow me to express what I feel are two huge personal deal breakers...

1. No external SD card access, we'll have to open the case every time we want to update the SD card/games.
  2. Modification of the Darksoft LCD, minor maybe but IMO the case fits the existing guts (the LCD was first so you must adapt the case to it, not adapt it to the case).
J, as for #1 something similar to these could be used to extend the micro sd slot to the outside of the case.

61M6GDYNVTL._SL1200_.jpg

As for #2, I got nothing, yet :D

Attachments

• 612AKQTxChL._SL1200_.jpg
    612AKQTxChL._SL1200_.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 296
J, as for #1 something similar to these could be used to extend the micro sd slot to the outside of the case.
Exactly, that's the same adapter I'm using too... Now show me the nice pre-cut SD slot and screw mounts for it IN THE CASE.

This case is awesome!

But please allow me to express what I feel are two huge personal deal breakers...

1. No external SD card access, we'll have to open the case every time we want to update the SD card/games.
  2. Modification of the Darksoft LCD, minor maybe but IMO the case fits the existing guts (the LCD was first so you must adapt the case to it, not adapt it to the case).
1. Find me a panel mount SD-Card extender option. Easy fix.

2. The LCD is poorly designed overall. The pins make it impossible to mount cleanly without having a ridiculous cutout on the front. It know why it was done this way (cost and existing hardware likely); but I'm unwilling to force myself into a less than ideal situation when i can easily remedy it.

Nice. Oh yeah, how about the other DS sticker option?
I chose the one I liked. Without having crazy setup fees to change all the graphics (changing them requires changing of an automated process which in turn means programming time), I intend on sticking with this one or no graphics at all for the end product options.

Those extenders work, but they are complete garbage. The cable is ridiculously fragile. I used on in my Raspberry Pi / Fight Stick build. Additionally, its not panel mountable.

If thats the way someone wanted to go though, running it out the back where the JAMMA connector is, is an option. then you could stick it on the back and its out of sight out of mind. If I could get one panel mounted it would be on the front so you'd never have to look at the back.

I'm going to see what I can do for quantity pricing and different color options. I think the Blue and Yellow will be a staple but I think a black sandtex or blue sandtex would be killer as well.

Very nice and creative. It takes vision I wish I had to think up and build something like this.

Please add space for the hdmi addon.

Looks great!

Very cool! Looks like I need to do some research on it and pay more attention to the SHMUPS forums again. I will definitely be looking at doing a completely enclosed "console" in the future but that timeline is a bit far out at this point. I have integrated UD-USB in the ADCAP SuperGun so doing it something like this would be pretty straight forward as well. Obviously, the case would need to be bigger so I can internally mount a low noise PSU and the various guts needed but I think some creative metal work, plates, and measurement would make it pretty slick and straight forward. Making it out of aluminum vs. steel might be the way to go as well to keep the weight down... though I like the heavy feel of the steel I normally use ;)

It is very awesome. Marqs does great work. I want to design a SuperGun with the OSSC inside of it :) and maybe a nice industrial enclosure for it to match all the other stuff I made for myself that ends up in the shop due to demand.

No this is an adapter only for cps2. so you just need some place to mount it and a hole for the plug.

ther will still be a supergun and psu externally. but hdmi stuff inside the cps2 case

think about it

Confirmed pricing for these cases. Since they are relatively niche and rather pricey I am only willing to assume 10 will be purchased, as such I can make the case kit available for $299.95 plus shipping. Please note: I am not going to limit it to 10 I will have as many produced as you want :)

It will include:

1. Right Angle Connector to swap out on your screen.
2. All internal hardware required.
3. 3x Red Momentary switches.

What you will need:

1. CPS2 Hardware and Darksoft Kit
2. Wire for remote mounting the fan and the 3 buttons.
3. A replacement 60mm fan. This can support any standard size fan; 60x60x25 is probably the most common.

Things I am going to minor tweak on the production:

1. Back cutout will be slightly smaller to help mitigate wandering fingers and other stuff.
2. Ill make the direct printed graphics optional (no change in the cost unfortunately).
3. Ill make at least three color combos available: Blue/Yellow like the one pictured, Black Sandtex (my personal favorite case color), and either White, Blue, Red, or Graphite Sandtex. Majority voice choses the third.

These would be shipping from my remote site in Alabama within two weeks since there are only minor changes to be made.

Back