What's new
Good god that's beautiful. I'd also prefer it to have a dedicated place for the microsd extender, but as you say there's no cheap panel mount one out there sooo... I suppose I can route it out the back and use some blue-tack to stick it to the case.

Will almost assuredly be ordering this next paycheck.

Did I miss the footprint being posted anywhere? Just trying to make sure that it'll fit nicely in my Astro City (I swear that PCB area seems way too small sometimes)

Thanks ekorz :)

First batch will be going into production tomorrow. Apparently the Yellow/Blue combo is popular :D

Whats the best option to color my 4slot red now? I bought it from you, its currently grey. But with a blue yellow cps2, i need a red mvs ...

I'd recommend a powder coat pro in your area. Someone who deals with car parts specifically.

Is there plans to cover the opening surrounding the JAMMA edge? As is, looks like it would just suck a crap load of dust into the enclosure. I'd suggest using a plastic or plexi custom cut to surround it.

No. I am not planning on putting anything near the JAMMA edge. While my JAMMA connector may fit fine, someone else's may not; I'm not going to restrict it that way. The fan isn't strong enough to create a vortex of dust sucked in at the back let alone the louvers at the front. There are manufacturing things to contend with when dealing with metal and the placement of standoffs and the board, etc. Since I didn't design the PCB the mounting holes are in pretty poor spots for mounting points. Any protection would have to be mounted inside the case and then it would still have to be made such that caps and what not were clear... basically, there isn't much gain to justify the cost.

I did close up the back a little compared to this prototype version though.

UPDATES: The first SEVEN cases are in production. They should be shipping from my satellite shipping site early next week! Thanks for the support on the project.

Last edited:
I stumbled across these MicroSD slots if anyone needs them. 10 for $1/shipped.
s-l1600.jpg

Definitely a pain to mount and attach, but they could work.

Can we have a look of the other color case?
Hard to choose for me with three different color. :P
And can I have white buttons instead of red? :D

Can we have a look of the other color case?
Hard to choose for me with three different color. :P
And can I have white buttons instead of red? :D
Weird. I didn't get a notification there was a reply to the thread. Apologies for the delayed response. The colors of the case can be seen in the Panzer Listing at the bottom. The powder is the same for both enclosures.

http://www.jasenscustoms.com/panzer-fight-stick-3

As for the buttons, I only have red ones. They are the Suzo-Happ momentary switches and aren't super expensive nor difficult to order direct from them. Since I am using my associate in Alabama to handle logistics on these I needed to keep the orders as straight forward as possible, hence the single momentary button color.

Finally, for those who have ordered. Here's some updates:

1. I think most of the Blue/Yellow cases have shipped, save one or two. One showed up with a bad powdercoat blemish and I am having the shop fix it. I ordered an extra to be built so I don't think it will affect anyone's orders from the very first day or two of ordering.

2. The Black and Blue Sandtex ones will be heading out later in the week. Again, still on schedule as those orders came in just about 10 days ago if I recall properly.

3. The Right Angle headers that shipped out are BREAK-AWAY style headers. Meaning you can break away unused pins. If I recall correctly, the are 20 pin connectors and the LCD screen uses a 16 pin connector. Just break away the un-needed pins with a pair of needle-nose and you will be good to go.

Now, a couple of tips:

Removing the header on the LCD screen isn't hard but it does take a little patience and a solder sucker/wick. I used my Hakko Desoldering iron to do mine with a little flux applied and a wetted suction tip. Take your time and it will come out.

When you install your board make sure you loosely install the screws that hold the A board down and get it all aligned before wrenching them down tight. Remember there are manufacturing tolerances in the PCB and in the case, so you may find that one screw won't go all the way in or something because they are at the extremes in opposite directions. This is fine and won't affect anything. Mine fit fine and I'm sure everyone elses will be fine as well. I trust that most people here are a bit more tech savvy than the average gamer, so I'm not terribly worried about it :)

Last, I look forward to see your installs :)

Those bastards deleted my video! I'm going to see if I can make it come back... but I'm not optimistic.

Wow what a beautiful case. I love the blue and yellow Capcom. Thumbs up to you for making this.

Just got mine, installed it promptly (was a breeze, no video no problem). The paint & finish is premium, and the printing on the chassis feels like it'll stay on there forever. Everything feels solid. Of course most importantly the HAS v3 fits on quite nicely. Forgive the awful fluorescent lighting, and also that I hadn't yet plugged in my kick harness. I think the only change I will make is using a different color button for the test button, since they're not labeled. I'll get around to that at some point. Thanks Jasen!

High res

gInXDQ0.jpg

2fhwRk3.jpg
TEWgDWC.jpg

Great job, I think it looks amazing! I checked my Twitch.Tv page and found that they deleted my video and the Auto-Archive to YouTube didn't work as I thought it was supposed to.

I wish I wasn't deployed right now so I could continue to test fit and design the "Darksoft CPS2 Console. I will get far, but it would be better to do it now vs. do all of the design and then worry about testing later. I hate waiting.

Jasen

These are the momentary switches I used (since I buy them in bulk and use them in the ADCAP):

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/pushbuttons/49-0577-05

I am contemplating moving to custom metal buttons for things in the future that light up with etched indicators. It will make things cost a bit more but it would be super sweet. I look forward to seeing someone use this idea before I get back ;)

Mine arrived ... its huge ... bulky ... it coule be 0.5-1cm smaller on every side and be the same forme factor as adcap and mvs 4 ...

Mine arrived ... its huge ... bulky ... it coule be 0.5-1cm smaller on every side and be the same forme factor as adcap and mvs 4 ...
the dimensions of the unit were posted long ago. I actually would like it if the case was a bit longer so the Jamma edge could be in a recess,and avoid any possibility of it getting damaged. Not sure if that's really a possibility due to the lame pcb mounting locations that Jasen mentioned earlier.

Back