What's new
I've decided to see if there is interest in this case, I may go with the newer one that is cheaper, but this one does have it's charms. If no interest, maybe I'll build two multis and do a case head to head review.

JasensCustoms CPS2 Case

I’ll open a pre-order round today, how about that? I see that there are some new options out there that do it differently, but I’m bias and like my design best :)

I’ll do it black sandtex bottom with Blue top so it looks like the OG us CPS2 setups. Direct Print labels and all still, with all the parts to set it up sans the small fan.

**** UPDATE ****

I put them up there for pre-order. Just doing it this way so we can make as many as the community wants. Upon more reflection, I made the Glossy Green/Black available as well as the Glossy Blue/Black available so you can have JP and US themes going if you so desire. Thanks for bearing with me while I live over here in Japan. 2018 was a huge change for my family and getting the shop setup so it can run in SoCal and Florida respectively has been an interesting logistical challenge. Both teams have their respective pieces and parts they ship and I have slowly trickled new things in and brought some old stuff in to let everyone get up to speed. Thanks for your patience and support! If you need something from Japan, let me know... I can ship it back using USPS for you :)

Last edited:
I’ll open a pre-order round today, how about that? I see that there are some new options out there that do it differently, but I’m bias and like my design best :)

I’ll do it black sandtex bottom with Blue top so it looks like the OG us CPS2 setups. Direct Print labels and all still, with all the parts to set it up sans the small fan.

**** UPDATE ****

I put them up there for pre-order. Just doing it this way so we can make as many as the community wants. Upon more reflection, I made the Glossy Green/Black available as well as the Glossy Blue/Black available so you can have JP and US themes going if you so desire. Thanks for bearing with me while I live over here in Japan. 2018 was a huge change for my family and getting the shop setup so it can run in SoCal and Florida respectively has been an interesting logistical challenge. Both teams have their respective pieces and parts they ship and I have slowly trickled new things in and brought some old stuff in to let everyone get up to speed. Thanks for your patience and support! If you need something from Japan, let me know... I can ship it back using USPS for you :)
Nice! I ordered one. I didn’t see an option for graphics or not. I definitely want the graphics.

B8F25153-EABA-4344-AA2C-1E08777807F5.jpeg
43CC2049-6BC3-4EBA-8983-EDD0644367E8.jpeg

Attachments

• 971AEEB2-7E51-418B-A327-966FF97D2CC3.jpeg
    971AEEB2-7E51-418B-A327-966FF97D2CC3.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 276
Looks so good! I love how this case retains elements of the design aesthetic of the original.

I just snapped the photos today. Slowly but surely putting my kit together.

oh dang, when'd you receive it? i assumed since the site said preorder that meant they were still in production

I wanted to post a little PSA about setting up newer CPS2 multis in this enclosure. When I got my enclosure I was having issues mounting the LCD screen. Simply put the LCD was too wide to fit in the cutout that was provided on the enclosure.

rKGkcNZh.jpg

WlkfOn1h.jpg

After talking with Jasen he determined that at some point the LCD part that the Darksoft Multis were using had been changed for a different one, and the new LCD is 3mm wider than the old one. The solution that we came up with was to put spacers between the mounting standoffs and the LCD board so that it sits behind the opening instead of being recessed inside of the opening. I couldn't get washers in the correct size at my local hardware store so I just added 4-40 size nuts to each standoff and screwed the screen in that way.

Q7mh8qRh.jpg

This creates a new problem though, the actuators for the tactile switches on the LCD board are not tall enough to pass through the wall of the enclosure once the spacers are added. The best way to solve this would be to swap the switches with a different part that has a taller actuator. According to my measurements they would need to be at least 15mm tall. The best drop in replacement I could find so far was this. at 16.3mm tall it's actually a little excessive, but the next tallest switch I could find with the correct footprint is only 13mm tall which won't work here. An alternative to replacing the switches would be to desolder the existing switches and solder them back to the board but raised up a couple millimeters. That's been my stop gap solution until I make my next parts order and get the replacement switches.

13UisnRh.jpg

RnuwMtKh.jpg

Other than the LCD change issues everything went great and I'm very happy with the enclosure.

In case anyone was wondering my Multi Kit was purchased at the beginning of June, I'm not sure when the LCD was changed, but if you have purchased a multi recently you might also have the new LCD.

Back