What's new
Reading dimensons and then actually seeing them are two things. Its just my opinion that the case is bulky, there is still room inside the case. It could be mad smaller 1cm in every dimension and be the same formfacter as orher products by jasen. thats all i am saying.

I personally would have liked a 90 degree rotation including a internal jamma wire ... also space foe the hdmi and easy access sd card ...

I understand. Without seeing one in person I can't comment, the same goes for the adcap, they do look like a rugged piece of equipment though. I plan to hopefully get an adcap in the near future and really like the idea of the ossc being mounted within it.

I love the case and the colors and I'm really thinking about getting one. However, one thing that came to my mind is the lack of labels for the volume/reset and LCD screen buttons. I have looked at your superguns before and like the cps2 case they never have labels on the buttons and switches. I'm not sure if this is part of a clean look that you want to follow in your creations or something else but I think they would look better and also easier to use if the buttons were labeled. I really like the case but like other users mentioned before, issues like the size, jamma opening or the lack of proper labeling for the buttons could be easily fixed to make the product even better.

\o/.k.

I think labeling the buttons would clutter the look.

I'm planning to replace the test button
(maybe black?) just to distinguish it. Then the other two are obviously volume, and down is on the left, up is on the right, intuitively. Even if you get them confused... you just moved the volume a tick in the wrong direction, no biggie. Hitting test by mistake, that's no fun.

I think labeling the buttons would clutter the look.

I'm planning to replace the test button
(maybe black?) just to distinguish it. Then the other two are obviously volume, and down is on the left, up is on the right, intuitively. Even if you get them confused... you just moved the volume a tick in the wrong direction, no biggie. Hitting test by mistake, that's no fun.
How will it clutter the look if the side of the case where the buttons are located is almost empty? The only thing that clutters the look is the volume and reset buttons being so close together. A simple +, - and R could be enough to differentiate the buttons and make things easier.

\o/.k.

How will it clutter the look if the side of the case where the buttons are located is almost empty? The only thing that clutters the look is the volume and reset buttons being so close together. A simple +, - and R could be enough to differentiate the buttons and make things easier.
\o/.k.
I like the vertical symmetry but that's me. Maybe you can preserve it by printing out "+" "-" and "T" on some clear circle-cut-out sticker paper and put those on top of the actual buttons. Problem solved? I still want a different color, but that's just my taste.

Also you might get those LCD buttons confused as well. I lose track of that easily actually. Is "select" the middle one?! Maybe I'll make the up/down buttons red there, too, and use black for select.

The ADCAP is freaking awesome! It is the ONE piece of equipment in my collection I've never had any problem with. I've been able to use it flawlessly on both a Framemeister with 60" HDTV setup and a PVM setup, as well as taking it to two houses that weren't mine and hooking up to random CRT TVs via Component and S-Video. It's got everything in one house and built like a tank, so if you can fork the price, it's worth it.

On a side note, seeing how I'm in the Navy too all my friends always crack up when I tell them a sub commander built the thing ; )

I tryed labeling the adcap and cps2 and removed it again. It looks way better the way it is!

I wrote the configuration on a sheet of paper, maybe some day i ll do a clean pdf.

Or as Jason is doing really nice prints now (look at the cps2), maybe there will be printed labels soon.

IMHO adcap has still some issues on the rgb lines. But Jasen is working on it. I like the HAS a lot too (and also the mak strike after it got fixed), but having everything in one case better fits my lifestyle.

The CPS2 case has some potential:
- a little small case (at least formfactor as adcap)
- sd card breakout
- hdmi breakout for upgradeboard (not out jet)
- hour counter
- link connector break out

Overall I can highly recommend Jasens products!

I would say the component out isn't as near as clean as the RGB out for going to the PVM, but it didn't break it for me. I'm doing RGB out to female scart, then male to male scart, then female scart to 4bnc. Using the composite signal as sync into the PVM. This resulted in the best picture. The colors were off when doing component out into the PVM. When I did component into the HDTV downstairs the colors were fine as I remembered but I preferred RGB out into the Framemeister.

Yep, colors still needed lots of adjusting to get somewhat normal looking. I'll see if I can get a pic today.

UPDATE: tried a different set of component cables. Color issue resolved, but picture still a little fuzzy on character sprites. While not bad looking, the RGB out is better than the component out. Hard to tell the difference in pictures (it's an in person kind of thing).

Last edited:
I might be coming into a cps2 soon, and remembered seeing this thread - site says the cases are out of stock :(

Realistically I may not get a cps2 right now anyway, so waiting till fall isn't the worst thing - but I'm very excited to get it going once I can.

You have to order from Jasen quick between his work cycles/deployments. His stuff is premium quality though. If you can get your hands on a Darksoft kit for CPS2 I personally would put it at the top of your shopping list as you'll get the most games and overall bang for your buck as far as Capcom games go. An MVS with a multi cart would probably give you the most for your dollar overall though if you like SNK.

Will anyone put up an installation video? I got mine today but don't know where to start and what button wire to get....
thanks everyone

We can get more done up despite me being gone. I just got a restock of buttons to my satellite shop for the cases.

For wire: Use 22AWG. You should have a basic understanding of the side buttons and surface soldering to attach the wires. That's the most complex part of the install. Unfortunately, twitch took my real time install video down.

Install is basic:

- Unsolder the screen's pin header, use the right angle one provided (break off extra pins) and solder into place.
- Mount screen
- Mount buttons

- Decase the CPS2 A board. Install it using the provided screws.
- solder 1 ground wire to the side buttons ground, daisy chain it to the front 3 buttons.
- solder the three signal wires to the surface mount switches on the A board for VOL UP/ VOL DOWN/ SERVICE
- solder the wires to the front three buttons on the case
- Attach the A Board.
- Clip the stock fan's connector and solder to a replacement fan (80mm) so its quieter
- Mount the fan to the top part of the case
- Close the case, install screws for the case to stay together

Reactions: nio
The ADCAP is freaking awesome! It is the ONE piece of equipment in my collection I've never had any problem with. I've been able to use it flawlessly on both a Framemeister with 60" HDTV setup and a PVM setup, as well as taking it to two houses that weren't mine and hooking up to random CRT TVs via Component and S-Video. It's got everything in one house and built like a tank, so if you can fork the price, it's worth it.

On a side note, seeing how I'm in the Navy too all my friends always crack up when I tell them a sub commander built the thing ; )
Everyone hates on the officer corps :) When I was the Weapons Officer on USS SPRINGFIELD the guys hated when I would jump in and "help" do things. I would get tired of doing paperwork and go try and turn wrenches with them only to be told "officer's aren't technicians... they dont know how this equipment works."... then I would grab their fluke/wrench/etc. and do the same thing they were doing on a different, yet same piece of gear quicker and faster.... it got easier to jump in and help as time went on :)

I might be coming into a cps2 soon, and remembered seeing this thread - site says the cases are out of stock :(

Realistically I may not get a cps2 right now anyway, so waiting till fall isn't the worst thing - but I'm very excited to get it going once I can.
If you can wait till Fall, you can come up and pick it up from my house/shop and save some money on shipping :) I'm about 30 minutes from LA.

If you can wait till Fall, you can come up and pick it up from my house/shop and save some money on shipping :) I'm about 30 minutes from LA.
Sure, that'd be great!

To anyone the that got one of these and they want to get rid of their old shells let me know, I need a spare set. Thanks.

Back